APRIL 2015 - SHOWERS & FLOWERS

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Readin' on the run. Almost time to start the May thread. Heading home to work in the garden. Hi & bye. ; )

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Bought a new rose yesterday. lol. It's labeled as the Love rose but it's not that one. I'm thinking it's Scentimental.

Here's a bad pic of it. Light's mostly gone so couldn't get a clear shot.

Also a pic of my native columbines and variegated soloman's seals.

I think I figured out the problem with the pics. I may have used the wrong resizer for my computer. So for now I just upload and let the site resize it.

Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

that is a very pretty rose whatever it is called. I love my columbines, I don't have soloman seal, might want to try that, it looks good there for you. I ordered one of those other things, the shade plant..
I came home as soon as I could, but it was still 8 pm before I got outside.
The honeysuckles are blooming everywhere, some scented some not.. waiting on the hummers to get here. forget me nots are blooming. post pics later on those.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Lucky lucky, warmer weather folks. My gardens are just coming back to life. But i sure am drooling over all your beautiful flowers. Yes, my primroses are doing so great. Love them all. So very colorful. I am planning on working jn the yard today. So e cited i have thurs and friday off. Work is so crazy. Still no one hired. But any way have a great day all.

Alton, IL

This should make you more experienced folk smile..........

I have a specific plant that I REALLY liked, but that didn't come back well from winter. So I've been looking for it locally. I found it Saturday, but the nursery wanted $20 per plant and I didn't want to pay that much. So I got my nose in a "snoot" and left the plant behind. But as we get closer to May, I'm becoming increasingly concerned that I've missed my window of opportunity and may not get the plant this year. (Seems that many places are already running out of stock, esp online.)

So this morning, I took and deep breath and bought the plant on line. Found a good place using the resources here, ordered three plants......... But here's where it gets funny. I spent about $10 per plant but once shipping and handling were factored in, I spent $38. If I was going to spend that much, I could have had the blessed thing last weekend! Two large plants at $20 each = $40 and I'd have it in my hands now. As compared to three small plants at $10 each and shipping = $38 and they won't arrive for a few days.

Somehow I don't think that was terribly cost effective. LOL

Oh well. But if it works out, I'll have the plants that I wanted.

I feel your pain, Dyan. Have fun outside Ronna!

Here's pics of my shade bed that I finally finished up last week. All the plants are looking good and happy. The primrose may be moved next year thou. They blend in and I don't want stuff to blend in so much.

Thumbnail by pepper23

looking good, Amanda. I just keep looking outside wishing I were able to get into the garden, but work is still keeping me captive.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

HAPPY MAY DAY!
I remember being in second grade and doing the May Pole. It was neat, and the only time we did one in school. In Church, we did May Baskets. Sigh...

Thanks Dyan!
Those were older pictures since they are just on the verge of blooming now :o)

~ to Betty!

Pepper,
It is! My friend on the California forum has it. It's beautiful!
Love the building behind the columbines! My Solomon's Seal is ready to open on the east, but not the ones facing north.
Awww, that's a lovely little bed! I love fresh starts!

Debra,
BEAUTIFUL BLOOMS!

Ronna,
Don't work yourself to death! I hope you get help soon. It is time to zen out in the yard!

Dyan,
I would have walked away from the two big plants too. I still buy the six packs over the $3.50 single pots. Oh well, at least you now have three :o)

Debra,
Don't work yourself to death either...

My neighbor brought me the most adorable frog ornament for covering her plants! I haven't taken a picture of it yet, but I LOVE it!

Later we're going to a greenhouse!

Have a GLORIOUS day!

thanks, Billy. What greenhouse are you going to? Man there is a really nice greenhouse nursery in Lee's Summitt. I was blown away from the beauty and size of it.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh we have a huge ghouse about an hour from us. We usually go once a season. Man huge is not the word for it. Country side greenhouse of allendale. Funto go and flats are must 4.99. Well worth the trip and a nice day for hubby and i. Took my mom for the first tjme last year. It was memorial weekend and we had to wait for about 20 or 25 mins just to get in the parking lot. She loved it too.
Well have a great evening all.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1392982/

NEW THREAD!!! And darned if I didn't forget to add 2015 to the header. lol. Oh well.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.