Garden decor style. What's yours?

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 57 votes:

I get new pretties every year, it's my way of welcoming the new season.
(1 votes, 1%)
Red dot

Home made items for me.
(2 votes, 3%)
Red dot

I repair my old stuff and/or freshen with paint.
(10 votes, 17%)
Red dot

I have so much stuff it takes away from the plants. Need to thin out.
(0 votes, 0%)
Red dot

Strictly plants for me.
(12 votes, 21%)
Red dot

Some, or all of the above.
(17 votes, 29%)
Red dot

Sorry, garden decor is not in my budget.
(8 votes, 14%)
Red dot

Other. (Tell us!)
(7 votes, 12%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

I have a number of shepherd hooks for hanging baskets and it's part of my ritual to to refresh with spray paint. Since I paint my pots white, I retouch most of them too. I say most, b/c there are a couple with mossy sides, and I'm kinda liking that weathered look so don't want to paint or clean the moss.

In my area, Ace hardware has a Rustoleum sale twice a year, 2.50 a can, so I stock up in my colors for this purpose. Much cheaper than buying doodads, even though it seems like each year they get cuter and cuter.

I also paint my plant tags in pink, orange, blue and yellow and use on my plants. Empty nesting has its benefits, and fiddling with silly things like name tags is one of them. Oh, but my plants look so purty!

My colored tags. Paint 25 or so at a time in es color. Pretty much what I need for a season or two

Thumbnail by vossner

My mossy planter

Thumbnail by vossner
St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

I have three metal dogs, a Min Pin, a Daschund, and a Dalmatian. I also have a few mushrooms, concrete and resin, and a very realistic turtle that I painted.

I paint these every year, one schnauzer, one, doxie, one cat. It amuses me to no end that the real cat will sit by the concrete figures and meow constantly, as if saying: "You rude guys, why don't you answer back?"

Thumbnail by vossner
St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

The turtle has really freaked my dogs out a few times!

heres a better pic of my mossy container. This was taken in Dec 2014, since then, it's gotten a lot greener. I love it.

Thumbnail by vossner
Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Mostly I just buy solar LED night lights for the pathways and around the pond. I have been learning how to make my own concrete yard art, but mostly I rely on Found Nature items.

Sometimes I do buy garden decor stuff from the dollar store. But that was before I started making my own concrete yard art.

So I checked some or all of the above for my answer.

WIB~
SW

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Some or all of the above. I love found items and trash-to-treasure things. I've gotten rid of a lot. It got to be too much.

Really like that container, vossner.

Thank you

Rancho Santa Rita, TX(Zone 8a)

I guess I would be a minimaist: Imho The plants
should be the rock stars, and décor should be functional.

Don't confuse functional with ugly or unsightly !
but functional as in birdfeeder, fountains, drippers,
benches,etc

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

To me, garden decor takes away from valuable plant space. IMO, a flowering plant crushes the look of a tchotchke any day.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I'm heavy into rusted ironwork

Pic please

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

My decor was all gifted. Here a pic of the latest from a dear friend.

Thumbnail by greenbrain
Victoria Harbour, ON

a few

love the gnome..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

gardens range from metal art to hypertufa that I created
sometimes even add in hand painted art

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

have the screening of a church window a neighbor gifted me, need to find a home for
even in winter the gardens take on a spectacular look

And I thought all your free time was spent @ sewing machine. Fabulous gardens and the very last pic is out of this world beautiful

Victoria Harbour, ON

Divide my day/evening between the two..
thanks, yes winter brings on beauty

leaving for Florida in the morning, looking at all the work that needs done in the gardens..good week of raking, telling myself to enjoy the 10 days and find someone who might need a job and enjoys raking when I get back

lots of ideas going around in this noggin of mine for spring projects

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Loved seeing your garden decor. Your garden is beautiful no matter the season, Bettypauze. :-)
You've given me some ideas. :-)
WIB~
SW

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Recycled metal is my fav...and glass....

Victoria Harbour, ON

Recycled glass I did when I made the bench I posted
Also did a bunch from old glass shades
Just love walking through the gardens and enjoy
I want to when I make more mushrooms add the glass

LOVE all the photos
Beautiful

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Only a few items for me , only I love , absolutely delight , at seeing garden decor , Sometimes and often someone does beautiful !!!

Love all the pics here .words do not (or cannot ) express ), the meaning .

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Late, but I use a bit of everything, some bought, some homemade. I have a shelf in the garage where art is rotated based on season and garden fullness. I do lean towards fantasy themes.
Part homemade from a part of a big trash round ratan chair, color changing rope light, with a sheer material to dampen brightness, Tepanom (Buddha) set in front.
One fairy from and pan garden face from Toscano, the other fairy with butterfly wings was assembled from 2 different broken art pieces. The pan face placed on lamp post, one day light, one evening.
None of the art is permanent, some is whimsy, other times decor comes out for the garden socials.

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison Thumbnail by rjuddharrison Thumbnail by rjuddharrison Thumbnail by rjuddharrison Thumbnail by rjuddharrison

Love it

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank you.

Here are some from our garden you may like. I like to switch things up but not doing too good a job lately.

Thumbnail by missingrosie Thumbnail by missingrosie Thumbnail by missingrosie Thumbnail by missingrosie Thumbnail by missingrosie
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh yes very cool. The zen rocks are cool.it takes time and energy to switch it all up! Is that a mural outside in the first photo?

Previous Post
I sprayed black oil based paint on those rocks to make the dragon's tail and after this winter some rocks PEELED, It was exterior paint...and a devil to clean the sprayer....not sure what went wrong,it looked like a " leopard " dragon. Resprayed...hope it lasts.

The four human-like figures were cut from a metal floor from a tobacco warehouse.
-----/
This post, the horse is recycled materials - a local fellow made it. The stone beach babe is an image I found somewhere on the Internet....a project waiting to be done.

Thumbnail by missingrosie Thumbnail by missingrosie Thumbnail by missingrosie

No..actual iron...SO HEAVY ... Part of reason little switch up

Can't resist our granddaughter's garden art. She had no help...she did swipe my small red pepper and vegetables.

Thumbnail by missingrosie Thumbnail by missingrosie Thumbnail by missingrosie Thumbnail by missingrosie Thumbnail by missingrosie
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Love it. There is some fun creativity going on there!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Amazing, would be lovely toile in both your neighborhoods so I could enjoy your gardens

The feeling is mutual!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.