Spring Roundup 2015

Alton, IL

Should we have a back up plan in case of rain?

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

We usually just get wet because we're rugged gardeners. I'm kidding. On my way to the dentist. Will respond seriously later. ; )

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

If we get a quick shower, that happened last year. What do you have in mind Dyan?

Alton, IL

I had nothing in mind............ well, other than the question. :) Right now, it looks like a chance of rain. Lately that can go either way.

Granite City, IL(Zone 6a)

Hello all, I'm dropping by since Betty (greenbrain) invited me to the RU. I can't make it even though it hasn't happened yet. Next week-end is full already. And I wouldn't have any plants to give or trade either, hadn't been real active gardening last Summer or much this Spring. I had NO idea there was a group here so near to my home (Granite City, IL). That's so cool! Anyway, thanks again to Betty for the invite. If it's at the same location next year or when ever there's another meet I might make it. Unfortunately I'm not an early riser either (physical stuff) which naturally hampers things I'd like to do. But I could try!

Do try and stay dry! They're predicting rain (on the week-end of COURSE). But it shouldn't be extremely warm, only in the mid-80's I think. Have fun and God Bless! :o)

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Thank you Grammy Jo for dropping by and please feel free to do so anytime. I was born and raised in G.C. and bought my home in Madison in 1989.

Maybe we can have an informal gathering sometime. Dyan likes going to nurseries.

Alton, IL

Hi all!

To confirm -- the park shelter is reserved from 11am to 5pm. I took the one closest to the restrooms, which is pavilion #4.

What are we planning for food? I don't have an ice chest, but I might be able to get one if needed. It might be nice to have some ice and/or cold drinks.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

I have 2 ice chests and could pick up some ice and drinks.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

I have 2 ice chests and could pick up some ice and drinks. Perfect on the shelter and I will have cash for you.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Pepper and Dyan, you may text me anytime. If you would like to call me this evening, I should be settled in by 6 p.m. I may have to work a littlE late, but I don't pick up Chloe this evening.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I'll bring a desert. :~)

Now to hope that the flooding calms down by Saturday.

Alton, IL

I can bring sandwich fixings. Maybe something simple like some sort of deli meat, cheese and mayo?

Or if it's easier a small sandwich platter from one of the stores?

Alton, IL

Yeah, that's possible too. I'm planning to do a grocery store run tomorrow after work, so I'll get whatever they have and that makes sense.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

What about drinks? What do you all like? We drink only sugar free or no carb soda. What about some bottled water too? I could also bring an assortment of individual bags of chips. I have several quart jars of kosher dill and bread and butter spears.

I could also bring the paper products; napkins, table cloth, utensils, and plates.

Let me know if this sounds ok to go with the sandwiches and dessert.
Thank you Dyan and Pepper. At least there are stores nearby if we forget something.

Now to dig and pot the plants. At least I won't have to bring Pepper's plants to the park.

I don't even have to dig. I can just pull by hand as wet as we are. lol

I can drink water or usually root beer if I do pop. But I'm not a big pop drinker usually so water is fine. Chips is fine. Betty, you have me craving a pasta salad that I used to eat all the time now. Sheesh!! LOL. I'm making a Hy-Vee run tomorrow. I'll see what catches my eye that I must bring. lol

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Suppose to be rainy here this afternoon and possible storm tonight, but warmer and dry tomorrow until late evening. We'll just have to wait and see. Everytime I check the forecast, it's different. Hard to predict the weather this time of year.

Alton, IL

Yes, paper products are good! Thanks, Betty.

As for what to drink, I do either bottled water or carbonated water. If I have a soda, it's generally Pepsi. But truth is, I'm happier with straight up water.

How's the river forecast for this weekend?

Alton, IL

I don't know.......... sorry.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

I swiped some condiment packets, so we have mustard and catsup. I'm also bringing some peppermints as an after dinner mint.

I still haven't dug any plants yet. You've heard of pick your own? How about dig your own? Just kidding. I'll get it done.

Pepper, you have a safe drive and call me when you are getting close so I'll know about what time you'll get here and where we're to met up. I need to let Carla know what time I'm picking Chloe up. What time will your cousin arrive from Jerseyville?

Dyan, feel free to call me tomorrow morning. When do you plan to arrive at the park and will you have guests?

I found the info. It should be good. :~)

My aunt will probably be there about 11 since that's when I plan on being there. She's a big gardener so will fit right in. lol

I'll call you when I hit 270 to give us plenty of time.

Alton, IL

Yep, I'll give you a call. I wasn't feeling well after work, so grocery shopping didn't happen. (sigh) That just means that I'll have to get up early and do a quick run. It's no biggie.

I'm going to shoot for getting to the park at 11am.

And no guests will be with me. :)

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

A few pics. More to follow.

Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain

Pics from the RU. The horses are at Betty's mom's house. They weren't in the mood for attention, just grass. lol. Rest are at the park.

More later, need to dig up daylilies and move them while ground is workable.

Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23

More pics of the park.

Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23
Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Love the pics, beautiful.

More pics of the rose garden. There was a wedding going on also. They were finishing up with the pictures when we got there.

Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

You got some good pics Pepper. I still need to post the ones taken with my camera.

Wow that is amazing.....
Betty your DGD is a cutie.

These are the last of the pictures. Tomorrow I'll get updated pics of my garden and post them on the other thread.

Edit to say it was a lot of fun. Chloe and I especially had a blast together as always. LOL.

This message was edited Jun 18, 2015 8:25 PM

Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23

Beautiful pics, looks like Chloe has grown 2 feet since last year...wow.

Wish I could of made it.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Chloe turns 11 on 8/4 and will start middle school this year. She is growing too fast for me.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

I would have enjoyed seeing you Joyce. Maybe next time and you could bring your horse loving gr-d.

Yeap they grow up too fast. My DGD starts 4th grade, not sure how that happened...lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.