Farm-Tec or Poly-Tex?

Boonies, SD(Zone 4b)

I'm in the process of buying a high tunnel. Does anyone have any reviews that I could read about which high tunnel is better, which to stay away from, any advice. I'm clueless as to which to get. I'm wondering if I will have more head room on the sides if I get a gable roof versus the gothic or round. I went to the company website, but their reviews are all wonderful.
Opinions are appreciated.
Thanks much
Ruth

Yellville, AR(Zone 6b)

Blairstown, MO(Zone 6a)

Hi Ruth,
I've always had good luck with Farm-Tec orders, but apparently some others have had problems with pre-built kits from them. Look at the The Garden Watchdog over in Products and Services for their reviews. I've never used Poly-Tex so I can't comment on them.
Good Luck,
Judi

Boonies, SD(Zone 4b)

I tried to find reviews for both companies, but I didn't have any luck. Hubby would like to see reviews to see which is easier to put up. Don' t think there will be much difference, but he would like to see if there are any potential problems so he has an idea of what to look for.

Yellville, AR(Zone 6b)

Hmm guess my post above got pulled for some reason, Perhaps I was too critical of one of the brands mentioned. :)

So what I said otherwise was I have both types and yes, you will get more headroom with the gable form and that you will also get a 6-8" wide shady band from the shoulder joint but it is livable. If doing your own construction we find the gables to be easier to put together too.

Also please consider that high tunnels isn't really the specialty of FarmTek as it is with PolyTex. I suggested you pick the one that offers you the best accessories package - especially for venting/cooling/heating - as that is the crucial difference between the majority of the models available.

Dave

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.