And the problems start...

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

been growing 5 tomato seedlings indoors since early Feb. and they all have been looking awesome, nice thick stems, good and bushy, but over the past couple of days, 2 of them have been showing some issues. Im not all that good at ID'ing tomato issues as well as most of you guys here, so here are some photos of whats going on. Little flecks showing up in the leaves. and a bit of leaf curling starting in the affected leaves--its not the entire plant that looks sick just yet, just a couple leaf branches. Although on the other plant, it has gone as far as dropping off its lower leaves entirely, but it was showing the same symptoms as this one on those shed leaves, with that plant i plucked off all of the remaining sickly looking leaves, whether that stops it or not is anyones guess. If worst comes to worst i can always restart some new seed.

One other thing to make note of, the underside of the affected leaves have crusted up looking places on the leaf veins

This message was edited Mar 5, 2015 2:23 PM

Thumbnail by jmc1987 Thumbnail by jmc1987 Thumbnail by jmc1987 Thumbnail by jmc1987
Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

well the problems with the leaf veins match the description of edema, but as for the discolored spots, they are more like sunken in fried up places, rather than raised bumps.

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

now that you mention it i do have to say that my room gets a tad bit chilly at night when temps drop below 20F outside (wimpy electric heating!), on nights like that i often wake up with chilly hands / feet. I guess that is proving to be a bit too much on them?

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

see, here are my other 3 healthy plants, Big Beef, a cherry tomato that im not sure of the variety, all i know is that its the 2nd generation of saved store bought cherry tomatoes, lol), and another type i got from a fellow DG'er called "Old Kentucky"

The two ailing plants are Pink Oxheart, and Blue Beauty. If any of this says anything about special resistances or sensitivities varying with each type?

This message was edited Mar 6, 2015 2:10 PM

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

It would help if i posted the photo...oops

Thumbnail by jmc1987
Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

these ones look great !
good luck !

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

on the bright side, the affected plants still appear to be growing despite the messy shape they are in.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.