okay, we'll start with this section

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I have a huge yard. But this is half of our front walk. Comes down 2 steps from driveway. We have to keep the bannister, DH's mom is handicapped and has to hold on. You can see the section towards the bottom is concrete with pebbles embedded. We'd planned to do that with the top section, but because of the rain, we put sod there this year. All the water flows straight off the driveway down the walk. We're not sure the sod works there, but more concrete will only make the situation worse.
On the top left, I want to take the bed and round off down to close to the walk, and then it will flare back out on this end into small bed that we'll work on later. It's started, but have to move some things. I have a flared bed on the left, you can only see top few inches.
This is mostly sun area on the right of walk, but it's winter, and changes a bit, but it is very hot, sunny and dry on the left of walk. The right side that you can see is almost totally shade. We're taking out all the monkey grass you see for sure. I want matching beds on each side of walk, but due to the runoff problem I really have to have a solution to that before I can get any further. We've tried ditches, and stuff, nothing works.
So here I bear one of the worst parts of my yard, but my biggest problem.

Thumbnail by tiG
This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!