Spring 2015

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

My florentina are new from last summer, not a lot of blooms but healthy and increasing.

Apple Valley, United States

crowrita1 I've been looking on Willow Creek Farm & Gardens (Argyle Acres) this morning and came across Anembo. It has the bright orange beard on your yellow. Only their picture looks closest to your picture.
http://www.shop.argyleacres.com/ANEMBO-ANEMBO.htm

Concord, NC

@NJIrisGuy i grow tons of Albicans it,s Always the first to Bloom on the property..i'll send You some with the Grand Canyon, Oriental Glory and Mary Geddess im Sending You for shipping in a couple weeks Patrick. Sandra.

Lyndon, IL(Zone 5a)

Thank You !!

Toms River, NJ(Zone 7a)

My TB "Beverly Sills" rhizome that I just planted in March has a flower stalk !
I'm totally dumbfounded on this !

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

I Believe first photo is Lent A Williamson. Second is Blackbeard. Third is Istanbul. Fourth is what looks like the first bloom of Melanie. Last is Concoction. Very pale but not plain. I'm hooked.

(Edited to correct name.)

This message was edited May 21, 2015 2:17 AM

Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I have three short ones blooming, first is IB Space Cadet, Second is Candy Apple and the yellow one is Cinderella Sunshine. Tulips, daffodils and lilacs are also blooming.

This message was edited May 16, 2015 7:21 AM

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

When I went to check on the pond, I discovered this little beauty in the all white garden.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

The Iris is our State Flower. I will have to find 'Tennessee Woman'.

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

Cville, Tennessee Woman just opened yesterday. It is on a single fan. If I have another I will be happy to share.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thank you, iowhen. :)

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

Open today: Mescalero Chief and Solfriane

Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen
Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

My pleasure, Cville. I love sharing irises.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

love that Mescalero Chief.

Concord, NC

Solfriane is Heavenly Gypsy..i only Grow one Similar One called Bronze Brocade by Nesmith..so i was reading about Mrs Nesmith and she was life long friend With Mr.Thomas Washington and Elizabeth Stahlman of Nasheville Tennesse who created Mary Geddes Iris and these first Tannish and Orange color Iris with the Beautiful Rainbow Bluish blush on the Falls.. almost mother of Pearl like.. and when Mr. Washington past away she went to Tennessee to collect all of his seedlings that were starting to get over grown and brought them back to Her Massachusetts Farm and continued Improving this color seen in Solfraine and BRONZE BROCADE 1948..The Other Pics are RISING SIGN by Roe 1975 and FORGE FIRE by Ernst 1990 my best true velvety red on the property..both came from C and T iris Patch in Colorado..EL TOVAR by Sass 1933 was new for 2015, and EASTER BONNET 1943 at Sunset on of the largest bloom old pinks i grow.

Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom
Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

So gorgeous!

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

Okay, tag migrated and what I posted as Solfriane is NOT. Solfriane is a crisp pale pink.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Beautiful irises.

thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures. I have buds, lots of buds, and weeds, lots, too.

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

Here is Mt Timp that I got from Sandra last year. Love it! And Amigo and Imprimis.

Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen
Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

Artistic Touch, Ada Marie, Mauvelous, Burst of Glory, Melanie

This message was edited May 21, 2015 2:20 AM

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

How about something different? My roses are starting to bloom.
#1 Apothacary Rose
#2 Poeme
#3 Robing Hood
#4 A wild rose I found in the mts. Lots grow around this area.

Thumbnail by marti001 Thumbnail by marti001 Thumbnail by marti001 Thumbnail by marti001
Apple Valley, United States

Open today is this burgundy noid from ebay. See the blue just below the beard. Jerry -Voltigeur-Ambassadeur look alike.
All of your pictures are just wonderful! Love Melanie!

Thumbnail by CAndersen
Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

Kilimanjaro Sunrise

Thumbnail by iowhen
Concord, NC

Wow!! Mt. Timp and Melanie are Looking Gorgeous :-) I have had Amigo for 3 years and it has yet to bloom for me but it looks like the wait will be well rewarded :-) Heres CORPS DE BALLET 1995 By Ben Hager of Louisiana 2 shots.it is a modern but very tall scapes it is registered at 42'' but reaches 48 no problem even in semi-shade and had incredible sky blue horns just planted it last fall a tiny fan and it beefed up to a giant clump it divides so fast. SHAH JEHAN 1932 by Neel of B. C. Canada.and my son finally got his purple martin house he restored cemented in the ground and up in the air so we could move some irises that are still blooming around it :-) can see it from back porch and through black trellis we just started some Heavenly blue morning glories on :-)

Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom
Concord, NC

Making a Rainbow garden of Many Colors under it..Moved Cahokia [tall sky blue] Virginia Moore [Yellow] Loreley [purple and gold] Jaquesiana 2nd pic and Forge Fire which are both [red] were moved there by my son for a friend Mahina who loves Red Flowers and Forge Fire shares Her BirthYear 1990.. Easter Bonnet [Pink] Rose-Marie [Magenta Purple.] Left a space about 3ft between iris and cement to plant daylilies when they start blooming so there is color in Summer months when iris are done :-)

This message was edited May 22, 2015 6:59 PM

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Love that Kilimanjaro Sunrise. Also Mt. Timp and Shah Jehan. My want list is getting longer and longer and longer!

The Martin house looks wonderful, congrats to getting it installed. The rainbow at the base is coming along nicely. Thanks for all the wonderful pictures.

Lyndon, IL(Zone 5a)

Beautiful blooms, everyone ! Mike did a good job on the "apartment house" !

Concord, NC

:-) we have never had purple martin birds before..i understand they have alot of them in Illinois where You Are Arlyn..I really dont know what to do for us to Attract them i figured id ask You as we know You Love Birds :-) Heres CAPTAINS TABLE 1978 by Bledsoe it came from C and T Iris Patch in CO. MELANIE -Like Pink Noid, GRACCHUS 1884 by Ware came from Lorie in Oklahoma DG member EnidCandles. FABIAN by Salter 1868

This message was edited May 26, 2015 5:33 PM

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

Love the purple marten house. I bet your county ag extension can give you some pointers on how to attract them. I know they love to eat mosquitoes.

Sandra, I'm guessing that pink is not Melanie, eh? Different bloom time, and floppier. The Melanie you sent is blooming now, but that pink has not even sent up buds yet.

Concord, NC

i think its older and lovlier than Melanie though even though not as rigid a form certainly longer blooming even though not as bright and maybe an inch or two taller. :-) Heres two that are Also Similar..First One is KIM'S PINK MISSOURI NOID. 2nd is FLINT MICHIGAN TALL PINK NOID Last Two Pics are MELANIE so Melanie is Not Always Real Rigid i Guess can have flowing or a bit floppy blooms as it is declining.

Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom
Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

Whatever it's called, it's gorgeous. Today's surprises:

Hellcat, (Edited) white/apricot is Coral chalice, Mt Timp, Schreiner's Flamingo Way, Altered States

This message was edited May 19, 2015 3:20 PM

This message was edited May 21, 2015 2:22 AM

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

More from today:
Peekaboo Zebu, Becky's Bonnett, lost tag from Bluebird Haven, lost tag from Williamson, and Blue Shimmer.

Concord, NC

Awesome! like the 4th pic from Willimason's...let me know if You find the tag for it as it's a Beauty.would send You some off Ione Morgan and another for it..i also looked back through this whole thread today to ogle all the 2015 'Eye Candy' that popped..Cville_Gardener's phrase im putting to use..and Some that really stuck out as Stand out Beautiful although ALL are Beautiful..were Orchidman1's 'Woodland Rose', Missingrosie's unusual magenta pink color and white Amoena, CAndersen's Sky Blue that turns Pink, Cville_Garden's Very Tall Heirloom Restful Medium Blue Huge Clump, Marti001's 2 tone Blue Luminata like Huge Glowing Clump is Breathtaking! and Crowrita1's 'Elizabeth Huntington' i also keep coming back to as it is Such a Regal and Stately Looking Blue.

This message was edited May 18, 2015 9:33 PM

Concord, NC

This is HORNED ROSYRED 1958 by Lloyd Austin of California. It came From Blue J Iris in Nebraska if Anyone wants it. Mary at Bluebird Haven Specializes in Lloyd Austin Intros..his Wife Brought her some Really Really Rare Intros of His after he passed away. His Gardens and Catalog was called 'Rainbow Iris Gardens'. i think that is Really Kool. He created the first 'Space Age' Irises with Longs Horns some with the Flounces and Curved Spoons on the Ends. He had Very Reasonable Prices and Offered so Many Varieties in his Catalog that his competitor's spread rumors that his offers were not realistic.. but they were! It's the truth that the truth made them so uptight! Through His Genuine Hard Work He wanted to Share and Make People of All Backgrounds Happy Customers :-) His Garden and things being created there were Magical :-)

Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom
Concord, NC

2015 Saw the First Blooms on INDIAN HILLS 1935 BY Grant of Louisville, Kentucky; a Dentist and Iris Hobbyist. This One Came From Stoney Creek Iris Farm in Pennsylvania. It Takes on So Many Different Shades in Different Light. It is An Amazingly Hardy and Special Plant.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I have my early morning cup of coffee here and am enjoying the Iris "display".

Me too! Thanks for all the lovely pictures.

Lyndon, IL(Zone 5a)

Nc iris everybody!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.