Muska Irises Now ALL in Plantfiles :)

Concord, NC

in 2010 we Recieved a Space Age Iris called 'Calliope's Dream' 1996 by Mr. Ladislav Muska of Slovakia..from Sheri at BlueJ Iris. We Mostly Prefer Historic Irises with the Simple Slender form, we had never recieved a Space Age iris before with the long Horns and Flounces that are longer than the beard and atleast half of the length of the Falls or longer ive been told, is what is considered Space Age. We Have Since recieved or purchased other Space Age Irises but none seem to have the Magic of The Muska ones..many of Which are the most Fragrant Irises we Grow on the Property. This Cultivar 'Calliope's Dream' for Example, is the Only Iris we grow with A Extremely Strong Grapefruit Fragrance. We have smelled Citrus or Lemon or Grape scent ones but never Grapefruit Citrus fragance before..it is Heavenly. Dreaming Clown is one of the Well known cultivars in most Databases but very few Muska Irises or Info online, there were under 20 here as of 6 months ago. In 2014 wiki Iris compiled a list of supposedly all of the Muska Irises but it was missing close to 90 cultivars!, which I was able to get from Mr. Loic Tasquier's photo album devoted to Mr. Muska which is Very Lovely and From Sylvain Ruaud's Scanned 2009 Complete Muska Catalog also available from Loic. They Are Now ALL in Plantfiles. If You Find One I've missed don't be shy please tell me so either I, or You, can add it to the Database. Also if You are interested in Aquiring some of these Iris the Three United States Vendor's that carry them are Blue J Iris, Country Delight Iris, and Williamson's Flower Farm in TN. All three have websites where you can view these cultivars in their catalogs. Sandra.

Thumbnail by themikesmom
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Sandy, Beautiful Iris! You have done such a great job of updating the plant files with your lovely Iris. I just wanted to Thank You for your time and effort. It is a real benefit to all of us here on DG. I have personally been able to ID several of my Iris due to your hard work. Thank You!
Keep up the great job your doing. It is greatly appreciated by many!

Concord, NC

Wow! Thank-You So Much Taylordaylily for Your Kind Words. It is Truely an Honor to know that I am appreciated here and You are one of the first to ever tell me. Thank-You for Your Support and Friendship here :-). heres a few more i grow, COCORICO, DANUBLANA, IN A FOG, AND TUHFATUL.

Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Your Welcome! I'm surprised more people haven't expressed appreciation of your contribution's to plant files. I'm sure many feel the same as I do and just have not spoke up to Thank You.

I appreciate your friendship and always enjoy your pictures.
Your Iris are beautiful! I love Cocorico it is just stunning!
Come over to the daylily combination thread and chat with us. It's not a stick to the topic thread really. We just talk about whatever strikes the fancy that day. Lol

Concord, NC

some same cultivar shots from different angles/side view shots and distances. pure magic plants.

Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom
Concord, NC

Kool...I Think 'Cocorico' Divided Really well..the snow just all finally melted here and i was checking that row out today in the sunlight.. if You want a Fan let me Know :-)

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I would LOVE a fan! What can I temp you with? I'll dmail you so we can chat.

Concord, NC

Done! Sent You a dmail :)

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Lol! Sent you one too.

Concord, NC

So Here's a Picture of Mr. Muska. copyright Mr. L. Tasquier and his Lovely Flicker Photo Album

Also if Anyone interested in Muska Irises not sold or available in United States, i was told you can write Mr. Muska and request a catalog of what he has available. im not sure what the process is for recieving plants from Eastern Europe.probably take awhile to get through customs. prices are Also in Euros so you would have to use currency conversion calculator online to US Dollars amount.

Mr. Ladislav Muska
Jurigovo Nam. I.
841 05 Bratislava,
Slovakia

Thumbnail by themikesmom

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.