Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Muska Irises Now ALL in Plantfiles :), 1 by themikesmom

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright themikesmom

Subject: Muska Irises Now ALL in Plantfiles :)

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Muska Irises Now ALL in Plantfiles :)
themikesmom wrote:
in 2010 we Recieved a Space Age Iris called 'Calliope's Dream' 1996 by Mr. Ladislav Muska of Slovakia..from Sheri at BlueJ Iris. We Mostly Prefer Historic Irises with the Simple Slender form, we had never recieved a Space Age iris before with the long Horns and Flounces that are longer than the beard and atleast half of the length of the Falls or longer ive been told, is what is considered Space Age. We Have Since recieved or purchased other Space Age Irises but none seem to have the Magic of The Muska ones..many of Which are the most Fragrant Irises we Grow on the Property. This Cultivar 'Calliope's Dream' for Example, is the Only Iris we grow with A Extremely Strong Grapefruit Fragrance. We have smelled Citrus or Lemon or Grape scent ones but never Grapefruit Citrus fragance before..it is Heavenly. Dreaming Clown is one of the Well known cultivars in most Databases but very few Muska Irises or Info online, there were under 20 here as of 6 months ago. In 2014 wiki Iris compiled a list of supposedly all of the Muska Irises but it was missing close to 90 cultivars!, which I was able to get from Mr. Loic Tasquier's photo album devoted to Mr. Muska which is Very Lovely and From Sylvain Ruaud's Scanned 2009 Complete Muska Catalog also available from Loic. They Are Now ALL in Plantfiles. If You Find One I've missed don't be shy please tell me so either I, or You, can add it to the Database. Also if You are interested in Aquiring some of these Iris the Three United States Vendor's that carry them are Blue J Iris, Country Delight Iris, and Williamson's Flower Farm in TN. All three have websites where you can view these cultivars in their catalogs. Sandra.