Plant of the Year in your garden?

Stroudsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Lots of us have quite a few of these plants. I have 16 of them. I don't think I bought a single one of them because they were Plant of the Year. Instead, I bought them and found out later or have had them several years and then they were named Plant of the Year. For the most part I can see why they were honored because they are easy to grow and perform well. I have clay soil but I amend every hole with perlite and the drainage seems fine. Overall, they are good choices for me.

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

I bought my Kniphofia when I drove by a nursery one day. At the end of the driveway was this unusual plant that looked to me like a hot poker. I decided I needed that plant! The rest is history!

This is the only picture I have of mine. It's really just the edge of it.

Thumbnail by birder17

This message was edited Mar 7, 2015 12:29 AM

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by
Pequannock, NJ(Zone 6b)

Nice sport, Juhur7! That's a lucky 2 for 1!
You all have beautiful gardens!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

birder17 That is a Beautiful Kniphofia !!!

Agreeing with Loretta_NJ Beautiful gardens all ..

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks juhur.

Youngsville, LA(Zone 9a)

Have the ------> Russian Sage & Butterfly Blue Scabiosa

(Zone 4b)

Wonderful colours in that picture 'birder'.

As I had mentioned it is hit and miss if my "Torch Lily" returns in the spring. Having said that I was pleasantly surprised when the one I lackadaisically planted last August (Kniphofia "First Sunrise") did make it through last year's epic winter...not a lot of flowers last season but it was alive! I purposely mulched it lots this past Fall...I have my fingers crossed.

This message was edited Mar 2, 2015 9:02 AM

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks rouge. I like the texture variety too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.