Morning Glories 2015 # 02

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1384016

Thumbnail by patootie

Well I don't know what I've done but it doesn't do anything when I click on the link.

Gautier, MS

Pretty bloom Jackie! Hope to play with dirt outside on this beautiful day here!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread!

Happy Valentines day everyone!

Thumbnail by taters55

Thanks Linda and Helena. Supposed to get to 68 here today so should be
beautiful. The bottom will fall out though tonight with that horrible winter storm coming thru,
The high tomorrow 36 with a winter mix.
I can't enjoy today for worrying about tomorrow.

More old pics

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

You sure grew some pretty glorys, Jackie. We all crashed last night early, and I woke up at 2 am wide awake, forced myself to go back to sleep. I'm used to sleeping in pitch black and there is a light that comes thru the window that makes me think it's time to get up LOL

Well it is tomorrow today , Jackie, what is it doing there? it was kinda cloudy down here last evening. I thought it was going to rain. ( Joanna and I are in San Antonio, visiting family)

Jackie, those are beautiful blooms!

Debra, I hope your having a good visit with the family? I can't wait to see you Thursday!

Thanks ladies,
Debra, My home pg says 35 but feels colder. Been out feeding the wild birds and the goats next
door. Getting ready to go out and give my outside dogs an extra meal to hold them until supper time. Very cloudy here but the precip isn;t here yet., guess tonight some time.
I've bought a lot of extra food just in case.
Linda none of the wintry mix coming as far south as Del Rio??

This message was edited Feb 16, 2015 3:11 AM

Gautier, MS

Neat card, Linda.

Love all those blooms Jackie.

Thanks Debra, I received your seeds. Will be looking forward to growing them.
Also hope you have a nice visit with Linda.

Another beautiful day here, supposed to get rain maybe tomorrow and Tuesday. I got to plant my new bare root roses before it's too late. I lost a few from last year.
Hope the weather doesn't get too bad for you guys.

No winter storm here. It is supposed to drop to about 40 Tuesday night, but it will warm back up Wednesday.

Thanks Helena.

Jackie, it is 18 and snowing in Derby, went cold down here, glad I brought some winter clothes.
It is always good to see family. Hope your weather warms early. Have you started New vines yet? Can't wait to see new blooms from Helena,

Are you close to each other in driving terms?
JOANNA AND I are very excited to meet our friends. Some day I hope to meet you ,both. From Kindle photos last October.
Stay safe, Be happy.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful blooms Debra.
I haven't started any new vines yet but'would love to.
I don't have time to go visit and I;m sure Helena doesn't either with young children
and a houseful like I have.So much work here that if I went somewhere, I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself,. I would worry that my familly wasn't taking good care of my animals.
No vacations for me,

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra. Enjoy your vacation.

You're right Jackie. I don't travel anymore. Taking care of my young boys and now a great grandbaby. Cooking, homework and soccer practice is taking much of my time along with babysitting. Quite a few pet's too to take care of. I'm just glad that I still have a bit of energy left to grow mg's and my tropical plant's. But I have become a real homebody.

I started a few more mg seeds soaking yesterday. Checked my salvia seeds seeing that they germinated. I spend very little time every other day watering plants in gh, warm water from inside the house with gallon milk jugs. I only go outside after it gets warm outside otherwise I'm inside. Yikes for all those states with snow.

The weather is just awful here Helena. I know its not as bad as some folks are
having it, like in the New England states,.
They sure need a break.

I don't have anyone at home except Joanna and Joe right now.. we left Joe in charge of the plants back home and here in Texas we are glad we brought our coats, but the blooms here are wonderful, looks like an April in Kansas. MOM in LAW up in Buffalo, NY, has a hard time as she is by herself. So much SNow!
here is Corpris Christi Cacti and Palm trees.. LOL

Love the pictures Debra. I will see you in the morning.

Love the cactus and the Palm trees.

Gautier, MS

Nice to see those plants. Enjoy the weather there!

we are home, had a nice sunny day today, storm is coming in this evening, freezing rain and snow. UGH
I found a few pics from 2011

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Glad to hear you are home safely. Love those blooms.

It was great to finally meet up with you, LK. I have lots of babies that sprouted while I was gone.
I hope those mg seedlings I brought you keep going.
Those were just germination test results, so if the succumb, no big deal, I can always start more.
from August 2013

So far they are doing good. I am going to put them in a bigger pot today.

Pretty blooms from the past Debra.
We have ice/snow coming in tonight too.
:-(

We have a possibility of freezing rain tomorrow night. I hope they are wrong.

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Debra. Glad you and LK had a nice visit.

It's a beautiful warm spring day here. My trumpet honeysuckle has been blooming, daffodils are about to open and my snow peas are still growing. I also decided to take my mg's outside for some sun! So this crazy weather might bring another cold front here too? Don't really know but we have the air conditioning and fan on right now!

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

yup, looks like spring to me, Helena. We ended up with barely an inch. no big deal. It will be warm again soon I am sure..
blooming now, and most recent pics of things this am..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Love the pictures of all your blooms and birds.

Thanks for sharing your pics Helena and Debra.
Envious of your lovely day Helena.

Norfolk, VA

Here are morning glories labeled blue silk from 2014.

Thumbnail by MGMan Thumbnail by MGMan Thumbnail by MGMan Thumbnail by MGMan

Beautiful blooms!

Really pretty, Tony. Boy up to high 40's today almost 50 tomorrow and back into the freezer we go after that ugh!

Lovely blooms Tony.
We don;t know if we will have snowfall in the morning or not.
We are on the line where we could get dumped on or nothing at all.

I hope you don't get the snow!

Me too Linda. Its 11am here and I see some snow.finally, Hope it
doesn't amount to much .The gkids ae out of school due to the weather again. 5 days mssed so far.
At this rate,
they'll lose their spring break or have to go till the middle of June. :-(

This message was edited Feb 25, 2015 11:52 AM

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Tony! Sorry about the bad weather you are having. It's raining here today, we needed the rain though, cold for us in the 40's.

I can't wait till spring, warmer weather and blooms on my vines.

Helena, hoping for warmer weather and an end to the ice and snow soon.
Spring can't get here soon enough for us.

I agree! well we missed a bunch of blooms while I was gone, just came up after 3 hours of watering cleaning and stuff, found all kinds of pods on vines I never saw bloom. *sigh*

Gautier, MS

You know it Jackie, I hope it gets over for everybody.

I haven't been to check on my plants in the gh for the last 3 days. I need to do it today for sure before I loose any plants.

Been hard for me to get to the g house too Helena. I had to go water so I just had to make myself go.
Found some 3.00 bargains at Lowes. 3 Bromeliads and 1 Phalanopsis orchid. My orchid
pic turned out too dark.
Heres my 3 Brom's.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.