Where are you Cowlick's Brandywine???

Marietta, GA

Is there a commercial source for Cowlick's Brandywine? It seems like only a select few individuals have the seed and can grow this cultivar.

Homeworth, OH(Zone 5b)

dustbowlseed.com

Salem, NY(Zone 4b)

Mike, aka Camo has distributed seeds at several message sites, so it's not just a few individuals who have it.

Here's Tania's website page for it and she doesn't have seed availability places up for 2015, with over 4,000 plus varieties described it's too early for that. Although if youlook at seed availability you'll see that she is selling seeds for it. Tania is well known for excellent service and seed purity and ishighly suggested as a seed source, but once you look around at her site, you can click out to the Home page by going to the left on that page, you will be inundated with more choices than you ever dreamed of.

http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/wiki/Brandywine,_Cowlick%27s

I read and post at several message sites and opinions have varied about this one amongst all the Brandywines out there, but having grown many of them my favorite is still Brandywine( Sudduth.Quisenberry.

Hope that helps,

Carolyn

Marietta, GA

Carolyn,

Thanks for responding to this post also. FLtomatoboy has graciously agreed to send me some of his seed for Cowlicl's Brandywine, Kellogg's Breakfast, and Mortgage Lifter. They should be here soon.

My DH and I have grown both Mortgage Lifter and Brandywine Sudduth in the past and love each, but especially Sudduth. Are there differences among Brandywine Pink, Brandywine Sudduth, and Brandywine Sudduth.Quisenberry? I purchased Brandywine pink from the company Azure Dandelion this year believing it to be Sudduth from the description (This heirloom variety is considered by many to be the best flavored tomato). If there is a difference I certainly will try to acquire the one you like best. And if Brandywine Pink is not really Sudduth, I may slit my wrists. :(

I read recently that Sudduth has a five year performance profile: one year in the five it is great, one year it is not good, and the rest of the time somewhere in between. I know this is just one person's opinion. Would be curious to know if you agree?

Lily

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.