Water Cress

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 8a)

This is my first time growing Water Cress. I have it planted in an Aerogarden strawberry bowl. I placed the bowl in an aluminum pan with water. I was really surprised how fast they sprouted. This growth is on day 3. I will update with new pictures.

Thumbnail by weeding
Pueblo, CO(Zone 5b)

I haven't tried it myself - but you seem to be off to a promising start. It looks like you should be able to harvest it with scissors and then let it grow back. If it is that easy I may have to try it!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

It has a nice, peppery flavor. It doesn't regrow. However, often there are small seedlings among the mature plants. They may still be able to thrive after a first harvest.

Watercress is a perennial so I think it will grow back after cutting.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I was thinking of a different plant. Sorry.

It is still growing pretty good.

Thumbnail by weeding
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yes, that has been my experience. Doesn't grow back all that well and some say the regrowth is actually seeds remaining in the soil that germinated later.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Years ago I planted store bought cress along our creek edge. It did fine for three or four years. I think there was too much shade. I've wanted to plant it again on the back side of the pond where the ouflow is in more sun. I've hesitated because though there is sun, it's also much hotter and cress gets bitter in heat. Looking forward to hearing about your results.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.