Tasty Treat

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I was given a pack of Tasty Treat tomato seeds from Burpee. Do any of you know if it is a hybrid. Have any of you ever grown it before?

Hendersonville, NC(Zone 7a)

Why not go straight to the source: the donor prolly has growing info and burpee.com will have lots of info (unless they no longer sell that variety). Also, you could put into the URL field on your browser. . . OR type in your questions at ask.com.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Actually, Burpee does not list it. Apparently some type of special promotion with Home Depot. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Burpee-Tasty-Treat-Tomato-62974/202584853. At the price I would suspect an OP cherry.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

This is where we ask our tomato questions. Lol That's what the subscription is for. Usually it says hybrid, if it's a hybrid. Did you check Plant Files?

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Not in Plantfiles. It probably does not exist as a variety. The promotion is aimed at kids.

Farmerdill- that question wasn't really meant for you lol. You are the go to man for all veggies. I got an error message when I tried the link..I'm going to do a little research, bc it's too dang cold to do any real gardening.

I googled it and found the link all it says on the Home Depot site is 1oz red tomatoes. Like Farmerdill said Burpee doesn't list them. Strange..

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I did not think I was out of line asking a tomato question on the tomato forum. I checked plant files first.

Hendersonville, NC(Zone 7a)

CajunKY of course you weren't "out of line"! Perhaps my reply would have been better perceived if I had started with "I don't know but if someone else can't answer your questions, here's other ways to get your questions answered.".

Serves me right for trying to be friendly and helpful. From now on, I"ll leave it to others.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

BetNC, the wording of your reply did not convey what you were trying to say but it is no big deal. I see you are fairly new to this site so you may not realize how many experts there are here. I have been a subscriber for a long time and I know how much valuable information I can get from asking the right questions in the right forum. If I get anything from Burpee it will be just a bit of information used to sell their product. But if I get info here it will more than likely be from a person or persons who have grown the plant and can give me the first hand information I am needing. That is especially true of the tomato forum.

Thank you all trying. If I can find anything out I will post it here.

This tomato is especially tricky bc there is no info abt it....anywhere, that I can find....if farmerdill doesn't have the answer, it doesn't exist. Lol

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

The only other info on the pack is a number. 69465SS The package is very plain. On the back is says origin Costa Rica.

The packet in the link has a picture from the move "Cars". Like Farmerdill said the promotion seems to be geared towards kids.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Found this information on the Rutgers website (specifically, the Snyder research and extension farm site:
http://snyderfarm.rutgers.edu/pdfs/Tomato-Variety-List-2014.pdf

Tasty Treat Mid season Hybrid variety with 0.35 oz. Red Cherry fruit on 7' plants
Indeterminate

and on the Seed Sources page (link for it found on http://snyderfarm.rutgers.edu/snyder-events.html), they list the source as Burpee.

This message was edited Jan 13, 2015 2:30 PM

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Thank you so much for that info. That tells me what I needed to know. I don't think I will be planting them.

That is so strange bc Burpee doesn't list them...great info tho.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.