Morning Glories 2015 #01

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1382435

Pink Tie Dye with 2 patterns showing
No Mai
Blue Silk
Unknown
Pres Bush?

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Gorgeous blooms Jackie!

Can't wait to have mg's blooming... come spring!!!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

beautiful blooms to open upp the day with, thank you! no mai and tye dye are so similar to me I still have not figgered out the difference .. ;)

Thanks Helena and Debra.
Debra, The Tie Dyes have more stripes I think. Its even possible
that one of them is an offspring of the other which would explain the similarities.
Even though I can't remember the names right now, there are a few lovely pink glories
that look like Pink Tie Dye but aren't.
Tie Dye and no Mai are both very variable,.

yeal,I bet there are a lot of variables, Jackie. lets get them all up here.. you all can tell me no mai or tye dye , all of ya ;) Let's show all our pinks... how about we show all pink mgs for the next three days in memory of our breast cancer awareness.. here's some :

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

the last 2 are pink purps the lite pink from Jackie ..the 2nd picture came from jackie seeds, the first one came from ebay..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

I know someone had a pink watercolor and a pink blizzard..can't remember now..oh, and a pink silk!
Boy, I didn't realize I grew so many pink mgs ...

Most of them I don't have a clue to their id but all are gorgeous.
Your 1st bloom on the 1st set looks like the one I call your lovely pink, id unknown ,A very showy bloom. 2 of your blooms say no Mai and I would have guessed Pink TD, so much
for being able to id them. 4th bloom on the 1st row is purple no Mai
Love # 3 and # 5 on the last row, very pretty. Your Pink Silk, # 2 on last set.

Thanks, Jackie, I hope to see more of your pinks from the past, Helena? Anyone?

Gautier, MS

Here are some of my pink blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms #2 and #4 especially

This message was edited Feb 14, 2015 1:03 AM

oh gosh , that number 3 is so delicate. Beautiful.. well, we stayed frozen all day, came home to Joe's lamb chili, and fresh guacamole cheese and crackers and chips. Perfect!
I am afraid I am going to fall asleep in my chair I am so exhausted.

Having trouble loading my old pics out from a flash drive, to look for pinks. May have to uninstall and re-install the product.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Love your bloom Jackie.

We were at 19 degrees here today. Coldest it's been in a very long time.

Blooms from 2014.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful Jackie and Helena.. plz don't go to any extremes to post pink flowers, Jackie. We sposed to be having fun here.. hay.. we got up to 32 today! wow heat wave!

Thanks girls.
We had a bone chilling 10 here last nite.
Another week at least of these bitter cold temps.
Gorgeous blooms Helena. .# 3 is a beauty

This message was edited Jan 9, 2015 12:54 AM

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

It's warming up here, still waiting for the rain to come.

My snow peas are coming up but my nicotiana on the left go hit pretty hard from the 19 degrees we had 2 days ago.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, maybe you can replant the Nicotianas when it warms up a a little. The tobacco's
are annuals right??

wow snow peas already? dang.
well I had a bloom.. can't wait for more on this vine..this will be basement mix 2015 LOL

oh and a couple of other things blooming now
and Jackie, the two seedlings I started when? one in red pot and other in cup

Gorgeous purple mg and love the Brug, nice to see a white one.
I don't know when you started those 2 seedlings Deb. I know you started a couple
of seeds about 2 weeks ago, Pres Bush and Weird Saz.

that's them the other night, Jackie..sprouted real fast! I saw another bud on an i nil vine down there ready to open in the am I think.

That's very fast growth especially this time of yr without the hot summer temps. Didn't
realize I was looking at the Prez and Weird Saz. Off to a great start!!

okay here is what was blooming this am.. weird one the last one, it was shredded..
I think I will have a hard time sleeping, cuz I lost the whole inside of a 35 yr old filling on my upper molar just now.. great. scared I will lose either one sideof the shell of a tooth or the other if I shut my mouth the wrong way.. so, no talking LOL, but keeping my mouth not closed all the way.. *sigh*

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Pretty colors on both of those blooms. I hope you get something done about that lost
filling soon Debra.

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Debra, really like that neat pink one! Hope you can get your tooth fixed too.

I started some more seedlings the other day. Got my other mgs into bigger pots when the temps reached 77 degrees, it was like spring. Now it's getting into the cold again.

Helena, No 70's here, I wish. We do have 50's headed our way. :-)

From July 2014

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

pretty blooms, Jackie love the blue and white one the best. Stayed home and got right into our new dentist, she told me it had to come out and mini implants wouldn't work for me in that area since the bone is so detoriated and so close to my sinus. I just got up from sleeping since that incident. ugh.
More blooms from earlier years
lobata ...mile a minute? ..
no mai and ?

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie and Debra.

At least 2 and 1/2 months before we get warmer weather to stay, I hope. Closer to getting blooms by then too. We do need rain, it kind of missed my area.

we need rain here so bad, or snow, I will take moisture how ever we get it here..

Thanks ladies.
Pretty blooms Debra. I think the 1st Chocolate mg I grew looked a lot like
your last bloom..

Gautier, MS

Well, we finally getting much need rain!! Hope you get some too Debra.

Glad you got your rain Helena.
We had rain a few days ago,.Today starts
our temps in the 50's, a whole week of em and maybe a few 60's :-)

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Guess I missed the link for the new room, glad I found it, and all the beautiful flowers being posted.

Glad you found us , LK, and golly I missed the pics of the two blooming yesterday morning, they looked like the purple one I posted back a few days tho. getting seed pods, don't know how this happens, must be the few gnats I have down there is all I can think of.
working today since I missed Tuesday. I don't want to forfeit any vacation days. Hope everyone is having a nice sunny warm day like we have outside right now..

2 wonderful days in the 60's and 2 more to look forward to. :-)

sticto is blooming again this am, no pics sorry. we had a record 73 today, and me at work , *whine*

70's sounds wonderful Debra. What a nice break from winter temps.
Just holding on here. March signals the return of our hummers so Spring not too'far off.
Send sticto pics when you can.

Gautier, MS

Glad to hear the weather has warmed up some for you Jackie and Debra.

We are having nice sunny days here too though they are saying we might get rain next few days.

My seedlings are doing good. Won't be long before I have to get them in bigger pots, thinking of still using 24 oz to 36 oz Styrofoam cups. Bought 3 bags of my favorite Black Magic dirt from Big Lots to use with dirt from last year.

Time goes by fast, Spring will be here before we know it!

A few repeat pics from last year.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Helena, do you keep your plants in cups all year? Your blooms are beautiful!

This message was edited Jan 21, 2015 10:19 AM

Helena, those are beautiful!
I had a white with purple specks opened this am, will show pics tonight. Just waiting for all the vines and buds to get going. I saw a Robin this morning was so happy and excited!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.