2015 Part 2: Combinations Past, Present and Future...

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

We came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1368088/#new

What worked, what didn't and what are you all planning?

Summer is long gone for those of us in cold climates, but it's never too cold to dream... I have beds to tweak and a whole new area to play with, as the big picture keeps evolving. I've gotten a few new books, and the catalogues have already been piling up in the mailbox and emails.

1 Peonies- I had been working on extending the line beyond the the Buxus, and last year was the best yet. Coral Charm was supposed to be between the two large white clumps in the foreground but blooms were MIA. If they don't do it this year, I'll need a Plan B.

2 After the Peonies and before the Daylilies, this section goes flat. Lots of ideas for next year already, starting with Persicaria Firetail.

3 The Un- Blue Garden- This is the combo that gave me the idea in the first place. But it comes late, and everything else fizzled.

4,5 New territory! A garden behind a garden, a woodland edge, and hidden path to a stream. Oh boy!

Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg
This thread has 279 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!