CLOSED: December Chat - Merry Christmas to all!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Amanda - Yes, we're warm and dry. We haven't had any rain in quite awhile. Last night was cold but our weather is going into the 50's again.

I'm trying to get in the mood to make some white fruitcake and bourbon balls - and maybe put out a few decorations. So far, I haven't. Well, I give myself permission to be lazy when I can.

Hope everyone's holiday plans are going smoothly.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Good evening everybody,
I have just been home for a little while. I watched my youngest daughter walk across the stage for her college gradation. Sometimes it seems like only yesterday that she left for the first day of college and now she is officially a teacher. She is hoping to get some sub jobs starting sometime in January. To say that I am very proud of what she has accomplished along with a husband and baby would be putting it mildly.

Hope that everyone has had a great Friday.

Kathy

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Congratulations to you daughter, Kathy! I know how you feel. My Daughter will be graduating tomorrow morning with her RN degree, She has had 3 babies while pursuing this degree, so it has been work for all of us. lol I am proud of her Determination and dedication to earn her degree.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Very good ... teachers and nurses - wonderful! Thinking back to my college days, a degree IS a lot of work. I remember the time I stayed up all night to finish a term paper and couldn't find it when I got ready to go to class the next day. DH had accidentally thrown it away. Yikes! Well, we did locate it and except for a few wrinkled pages, it was intact and okay. :)

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Good thing you found it. The teacher would never have gone for that one, Cville.

Here is my pot lady. She recently got new Christmas clothes.

Thumbnail by goldhillal

Yikes is right! That would almost be grounds for divorce, lol!
It has been a long uphill climb for her especially with small children. I am going to watch her get her degree this morning and probably shed a few tears of joy( and relief) for her. I know how hard she has worked for this moment, and it is bound to be an emotional one. lol

Crystal, I love your pot lady! And her new clothes!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

You're right ... the teacher would probably have shown no mercy.

Oh, love that pot lady, Crystal.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Congrats on both that have graduated, I will you both all the best for your carers.

I love those pot ladies. I need to start collecting little clay posts and find directions to make one.

Carole, is that a manikin on your sofa?

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey !

On Thursday this week I will be officially gradgeeated too from my master's degree. I don't plan to attend the ceremony - have walked across that stage enough times before. ;)

Congrats to everybody else's progeny. It was gorgeous weather today - another day like it tomorrow and I'll click my heels.

G'night.
A.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

lol, Nanny. Yeah, just short of murder. ;-)

Linda, yes, the head is an old manikin head. The body is a vintage dress a friend gave me. They just seemed to go together.

Congrats, Amanda. I didn't go to the ceremony when I received my Master's Degree either. Didn't even go to the ceremony as an undergrad. CA casual. :)

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

Carole that is a cool manikin.

Congrats Amanda.

Congrats on your Masters, Amanda! I know you worked hard for it. That is what my daughter says she is going for next. Personally, I think she is a glutton for punishment! lol Have a great day you all!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

C'ville, love your bicycle riding pot person!
The mannequin is really classy1

For anyone interested, there is a thread for sharing recipes and chat. Come and check it out.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1382064/

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Some good recipes over there.

Any low carb ones there??

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Doubtful ... but maybe. :-)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I guess all the holiday plans are keeping everyone busy. Hope everyone's plans are going smoothly.

Kris, go look, I posted a link to low carb cookies.

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

Happiest birthday wishes to you Froggie!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

There are several other threads with a lot of chatting, so this seems redundant. I'm closing this one. Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

Closing?...... its only the 21st..very sad.
Christmas is just a few days away....

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Perhaps someone else will want to start a new chat thread for Christmas and beyond.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

well golly , someone just dmail me where I am supposed to be with a link in the dmail please?

Happy Holidays everyone

Thumbnail by SPGardens
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Quote from joeswife :
well golly , someone just dmail me where I am supposed to be with a link in the dmail please?

Debra, why don't you start a new chat thread for Christmas. :)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

joeswife (Debra) has a new thread for after the Christmas holiday ... go here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1383455/

has anyone seen Kathy from colorado? I want to show her what I did with the red vase she sent me a few years ago in a swap..

Thumbnail by joeswife

WWK? not lately...but she's still here on Dave's...send her Dmail....

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yes, she's still posting. I know she's active on the seed trading forum.

thanks, sent her a picture in a dmail.

Very pretty Debra! I like Red for Christmas!

Debra, that is so pretty!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks Debra for the new thread - you know I'll follow you ANYWHERE. :D

Happy New Year's Day everyone!

May health, happiness, and prosperity find and stay with all of us.

xo
A.

p.s. And thanks, Carole, for hosting the thread this year.

This message was edited Jan 1, 2015 12:56 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.