Garden Design shows are popular on cable networks. Would you like to be chosen as a

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 25 votes:

Yes
(10 votes, 40%)
Red dot

No (why?)
(15 votes, 60%)
Red dot

Other? (tell us!)
(0 votes, 0%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm not in to design per say. I just like to put plants together for my own tastes. To me, gardening is akin to painting and decorating your house. My tastes don't match up with others ideas of gardening most of the time. I'm very informal.

Kapaa, HI

As a?... The suspense is killing me!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Same here!! Sentence not complete. lol

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

I would like to be chosen as an 'other'. ;-)

But I think there might be something amiss with the wording of this one.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Thank goodness! I was confused, well I still am, but I'm curious as to what it should have said,
a what?
I do like watching gardening shows. I get lots of ideas from them. I think it's a real compliment when other people use my ideas in their own gardens and vice versa.
Like Sequoiadendron, I do what pleases me, which may or may not currently be in fashion.
WIB~
SW

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I voted no because there's no upside to the endeavor, no matter what the abridged sentence might have been. My garden certainly is not a model garden. I grow what pleases me, where I want it and if it doesn't do well, I'll grow something else in its place.

But back to the no upside to the endeavor part, if you please. First, let's say I detest those gardening shows; can't watch them to save my life. If you participate in such a gardening show and you do well, it's a non-event. People will go on with their lives and so will you. If you do badly onthe show, you'll be a laughing stock on YouTube as long as there is life on this planet. I can see the title from here: "Fail: Gardener trims hedge and finds hornet's nest. LOL.". I have better things to do. Let the maven wannabees shine in the limelight and enjoy their 15 seconds of "fame".

But if you'd like to be featured on one of those shows, I wish you the best of luck.
Sylvain.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Sorry...the sentence cut off. Contestant or participant is what we had in mind.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

That's essentially what I thought based on context. I chose "other", although apparently I didn't actually click 'send'. I would like to be chosen as host, writer, or producer.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quote from melody :
Sorry...the sentence cut off. Contestant or participant is what we had in mind.

Or did you mean 'Victim'?

;-)

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I vote for victim too! LOL!!

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Dang! I was hoping six figure salary, glamorous host with a team of lackeys was an option.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

'Victim' is a good choice too!

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

We read your mind. Victim, participant, beneficiary (whoo-hoo, is it a contest?), who cares. I voted yes, as I'd love to share our garden successes, lessons-learned, failures, and anything else worth showing off. Especially during the blooming season of course.

Kingsville, TX(Zone 9b)

Definitely a big "NO" from me! Neither my budget nor my ability allow much 'designing' to take place. I grow what I can, mostly in pots, because I enjoy it. I don't much care if anyone else would find it attractive or appealing, or not.
I used to really enjoy a number of gardening shows that used to be on HGTV, but it seems they have all gone away somewhere. Now it's mostly cooking, (more contestant type than anything really instructional), house hunting, etc., everything BUT gardening and growing.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Ibarden547,

There are still a few of the old-style, instructional gardening shows on my local PBS station. If you haven't done so already, you might want to check yours for shows of this kind. I believe there is also an international PBS station with different programming offered by some cable & satellite TV companies.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Hm, well, since it was left open for interpretation, I'm not sure if it meant "Show off your own design show" or a "Have a crew redesign what I have " show.
I said Yes.
I'd like them to redesign and give me free stuff that I'd probably rearrange anyway LOL Well, that's kind of what I do lately anyway. I use whatever I can get free, as best I can.

I'd be embarrassed about showing my design, but like sharing what I've learned about certain things by growing them.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Okay, it is becoming clearer. I don't think I'd want to be either a contestant or participant. Maybe a guest if I was knowledgeable about a specific topic.
I have been watching a good gardening show on a PBS station. It's called First Nation Experience. The network that is. The shows name escapes me at the moment. It's filmed out of Canada, and it has mostly Native American Programming. Some of the stuff the host talks about I already knew about, but not necessary why I garden that way. It sure explains a lot. :-)
I think I'm still confused, by the contestant thing. Are we talking like a home garden make over show?
WIB~
SW

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I voted no. My garden doesn't have much design, just stuff squeezed in where it will fit. I take pictures of individual flowers and people think I must have a beautiful garden, but really taken as a whole picture, it is only average.

Newburgh, IN(Zone 6a)

I could use the yard crasher for my back yard. LOL

Andrews, TX(Zone 8a)

I voted no. I'd rather learn by observing. Would hate to impose my taste on the general public! Ha!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

We have a bug in the system... and it is related to the no Newsletter and the birthday list not updating along with the Voting Booth change. Bear with us. Hopefully, all will be back in working order shortly.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the update Melody, I was wondering . . .
WIB~
SW

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.