Tuberoses from caladium buy

silver spring, MD(Zone 7a)

First of all, let me say I'm so glad to be back. My computer broke down Hubby put on a new antivirus which activated something and I couldn't get into Daves for love or money. I moaned and kvetched so much he finally just bought me a new computer for my birthday so I'm back after being gone all summer. Yipee!!!

Anyway, all those tuberoses I got from the sale this spring? Well, they went in the ground and grew and sent up flower spikes in september and bam here com the four legged garden shears just as the buds started to open. They don't like tuberoses by the way. Got two spikes to bloom. Those *)()+ ate everything they could get their jaws around! So I dug up the bulbs/clumps yesterday before the rain started and couldn't believe it. They've at least trebled in size!!! Got em on a rack in the laundry room with a fan on them to dry them out cause the root systems are so big I couldn't get all the dirt off them. WOW what a great buy I hope we do this again next year.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Glad to have you back! Was very surprised when deer ate my tuberose blooms just as the first ones opened. I left my clump in its pot and stashed it on my enclosed unheated porch for the winter. With all the bulbs and other plants you ordered, your gardens must have been amazing!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL, my procrastination just might pay off... I have some tuberoses that didn't get planted as planned, and I shoved them into various containers before bringing them inside. Yep, they still had nice green tips, and some have already shot up. Don't know if they'll bloom or just get really confused in the house this winter. LOL

Glad you had fun with them! The caladium group buy is an easy one, and Bill at Caladiums4Less is a pleasure to deal with... hoping somebody else will take a turn doing it this spring. *whistling*

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.