Wanted: 5-8 tomato seeds

Hendersonville, NC(Zone 7a)

CLOSED

I'm a novice gardener who lives in an apartment and can only grow tomatoes in containers on a small patio. I only have room for 4? container tomato plants, which I'll start from seed indoors.

Much thanks to all who replied and shared seed with me. As You'all can see, I started out tentatively planning on growing 4 containers: with shared seed plus a few that I bought (those catalogs tempted me!!! LOL), I had to measure another full sun area. . . .I ABSOLUTELY hafta stop as there is EXACTLY room for eleven containers, each with one variety that I have now.

This message was edited Jan 26, 2015 7:17 PM

This message was edited Jan 26, 2015 7:27 PM

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

not sure about the size of it, but i have heard of "Sub Arctic Plenty" as being labeled the worlds earliest tomato variety, i would actually love trying it myself.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

We throw maters out and they grow. Appreciate the offer tho, try getting some of the heirlooms...

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

I have Better Bush Improved Hybrid tomato seeds from Park seeds and Roma (VF) seeds from Hart Seed Co that I can send to you. Send me a D Mail.

Bordentown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Have you finalized your choices and gotten your seeds?

I would recommend Husky Red. It is a dwarf indeterminate or semideterminate hybrid that has very flavorful fruits. 4 oz size or so. I can send you some seeds, if it is not too late for your zone.

Hendersonville, NC(Zone 7a)

I hafta figure out how to mark this thread CLOSED.

Thanks for your'alls interest: what with what I've been given and what I bought: I hav3e eleven varieties, all but one for containers. That's all the room in full sun that I have, so I can't grow any more THIS year. (NEXT year, I will have seeds : some for me to grow, some to swap and some to pass on the kindness of fellow 'Mater Heads! LOL)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.