Updating hvac -greenhouse attached to home - built 1970's

Tipp City, OH(Zone 5b)

My dad had a good sized greenhouse built in the 1970's and since his passing in 2001, we have not really kept up with it. Last winter, a failure to clog a hole resulted in the loss of a Bougainvillea that had been growing in the ground in there 30+ years. :( There is a gas powered standalone furnace on the floor at the end of the greenhouse and a backup gas heater in the greenhouse wall, which no longer works. There is also an electric heater that we had to use last winter and it ran the bill up way too much. Thinking there may be something much more energy efficient to replace the wall heater rather than repair it. Does this sound like something anyone here could advise me on? Thanks! PS I'm looking for photos; if not I'll take pics.

I have a small 6 x 10 hobby gh attached to the south wall of my garage (which is heated in the winter). I have a wall-mounted natural gas heater and I heat my gh all winter with it, minimum 50 degrees. It's not vented outdoors but does shut off if O2 levels fall. You can vent these outdoors if desired. There's a lot of info on the internet that would give you a ton of info.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.