Red dot

Other. (Tell us!)
(7 votes, 10%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

punkeen!!!!!!

Kingsville, TX(Zone 9b)

All of the above! ! ! I couldn't chose just one, so I voted "other" to include all of them. Is that legal? ? ?

Vern

Concord, CA(Zone 9b)

Quote from lbarden547 :
All of the above! ! ! I couldn't chose just one, so I voted "other" to include all of them. Is that legal? ? ?

Vern

Legal??? My goodness no! Expect the FVP (Fall Vegetable Police) on your doorstep soon!

Actually, I was glad to see someone claim the poor turnip, even if it's only by indecision. I don't expect it's going to get a lot of votes. *L*

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Collards!!!

2nd favorite is broccoli, which oddly did not make the list.

However, like Vern, I really do love them all.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Love chard and greens of all kinds as well. Sweet potatoes are always a favorite.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hard put on this one since most choices are picked winter season in North Georgia. We are picking summer cabbage now and starting to pick collards. Our spring planted chard and kale looks great and we are harvesting like crazy. Thank you DOS for mentioning collards, the forgotten green. Ours were planted out in early September. Why were those not a choice?

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i love everything on the list but i voted for sweet potatoes....i like those year round. close runner up is kale which i put in every soup and stew.
my favorite way to eat turnips is straight out of the field. jump off your horse, pull one up, bite down and savor and jump back on (finishing the turnip on the way home). it's such a clear memory for me that if i close my eyes, i'm there and 12 again.
ps. the reason i said jump off and jump on is that we weren't allowed saddles due to my mom's fear that we'd get a foot caught in a stirrup and be dragged to our deaths! rode bareback all my life.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I've had many horses and seasons of turnips, but never eaten the former from the back of the later.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

LOL, you don't know what you're missing!

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

i picked carrots, but really do love them all, and also beets, radish and lettuce--even though they werent listed, lol ;)

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I'm all for carrots, rest of family loves radishes. I love how easy the radishes are to grow. lol

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

favorite vegetables are potato chips, peanut butter and popcorn

Concord, CA(Zone 9b)

Quote from palmbob :
favorite vegetables are potato chips, peanut butter and popcorn

LOL!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL!! A good combination there. Now I'm hungry.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I vote for pumpkin which it have pie, muffin, biscuit, bread and soup...

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Carrots! Sweet potatoes and pumpkin and winter squash all compete for second place, but carrots are first for me. I gorge on them raw, add them to everything cooked and what else is good uncooked, cooked or overcooked (carrot cake etc.)? I think for being so nutritious, carrots are highly versatile.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Thanks for 2nding collards, MaypopLaurel,

I get confused between fall vs late summer vs winter crops. We can plant pretty much year round here, so the seasons overlap and are not so well defined.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

I voted 'other' as in none! Vegetables are what FOOD eats ;-P

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

My favorite , is browsing them all ..

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Love them all! But voted other...One that didn't make the list is one of my favs! Parsnips! Yum!

Can I vote twice for my fave? I really really really like punkin

Thumbnail by vossner
-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

My most very favorite of all veggies is rutabagas. Love it with cornbread and onion, etc.

Keaau, HI

Got one Kobacha Pumpkin vine that is covering over a thousand sq. ft. in Honaunau. It is making 3 to 4 new pumpkins every week.
Because of it's thick rind, it is the only pumpkin that produces here, with all the fruit fly problems.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

I had to vote for pumpkins. It just wouldn't be October on the farm without pumpkins.
WIB~
SW

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

I'm surprised to see that no one has picked chard. I love chard, but my favorite is collards, so I had to pick 'other'. Poor, poor chard.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

I love chard too, esp. with lemon. But I find it to be an early Spring veg, thus it did not get my vote for THIS season.

I like everything thrown in at once in the crock pot, with some dried beans!

more punkin luvin

pumpkin seed oil is delish over veggies

give your dog or cat a tablespoon of 100% pumpkin and you will be loved more than you thought you could. Plus it is excellent for their digestive system. My pets go insane with joy when they hear the clanking of the spoon against the pumpkin can. A can lasts about a week for 3 pets and I try to do it at least once a month.

Thumbnail by vossner Thumbnail by vossner
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I am voting other, I to love almost all the veggies posted up there. Not a huge chard fan at all. But love all squash especially.

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

13Turtles has the right idea. I made some soup the other day with turnips because I didn't have any rutabagas... LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.