Need Source for Large Jalapeno Plants

Xenia, OH

I realize that most people grow their peppers from seed, but here in Ohio, because of our abbreviated season, this year, we bought plants. I ordered our Serrano Pepper plants from The Tasteful Garden - and they have been outstanding. We have been able to produce this year our best hot sauce, ever. (I've got about two three or four days left to finish harvesting what we have - our first freeze will come this week!)

We had some Jalapeno Pepper plants and they did well. However, if I could find a source for next year, I would be interested in purchasing Jalapeno Pepper plants - that produce oversized (much larger than average) yield. We need LARGE Jalapeno Peppers (we make a LOT of Jalapeno Poppers).

Does anyone know of anyone ships the larger Jalapeno Pepper plants? I see several sources for just standard Jalapeno Peppers, but I am looking for the larger ones.

If anyone can make any suggestions, that would be great - thanks!

~ Celia ~ Xenia, OH

New Athens, IL(Zone 6b)

Cross Country Nurseries (www.chileplants.com) offers several varieties of Jalapeņos including one they call jumbo. I have never used this company, but they have good reviews.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

You could try growing your pepper plants in containers and bringing them inside during the winter. I have several pepper plants in my house. That would get you a head start on the season.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.