Morning Glories 2014 #15

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1376512

Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Love the angle you took that photo. Beautiful blue morning glory!

Thanks Linda. every once in a while, I like to take a pic from the backside of the bloom.
Got my new modem installed which has a built in router for the kids phones and games.
So happy to be able to use my high speed again.

Glad to hear your hooked up again to the internet!

Gautier, MS

Pretty bloom Jackie. Nice to see it's making a lot more buds for you too.

Glad my lite blue purpurea is having blooms so will have a few seeds from it. Only other nice bloom from pink splash.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are pretty colors Helena.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

nice to see blooms, that pink splash is pretty.

Love your Pink Splash Helena. I haven;t checked'for blooms as I had to be at
Jury duty early. I got to go home as I was almost late getting there and they had a courtroom full already
with some prospective jurors standing with no seats. I didn;t mind going home at all.. .

I had a few blooming, pearly gates , flying saucers, hige, purps, soh, orange noah, cardinal flower, and a speckles.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

wish I could remember what this shrub is.. it has dark leaves with a maroon tint and white flowers..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

I don't know about y our bush, but it sure is pretty! Love all your morning glories too!

i found the ticket, it is an arrow root viburnum. Now I have to move it this fall, since it is blooming, as soon as it gets frosted I am moving it to the front. Found my grow tags, Jackie the lite pink purp was from you, and the blue silk on one side of patio from you and one from Ronnie, and I found I had planted the fugi seeds from Ronnie, too. saving a few seeds from the non ate worm pods for you guys. still going to be arch mix, tower of power mix , and large tub Dany's and ronnie's mix. Black king never set a seed pod from Helena, was thrilled to see it bloom tho. I love all you guys who sent me seeds. Thank you so much, it was a great year for glories. Even the white purps from my sister were prolific. Miss her so much.

Verry pretty blooms you're getting Debra.
Love # 3 and 4 in the 1st set of pics. # 4 looks like the beautiful Blue Star.
One of my favorites.
Great pinks in the last row.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra, love them all. I think on # 4 first set of pictures you also have a Flying Star.

All I have today is these two to show. My new seedlings are starting to climb nicely in gh, transplanted a few into bigger cups. My vines outside look pitiful.

Jackie, glad you didn't have to stay for jury duty.

This message was edited Oct 9, 2014 7:40 AM

Helena, I wondered yesterday if it looked like your cross of Blue Star and Flying Saucer.
Its a beauty. Love your blooms this morning.
Mine had so many open at once this morning that it made me think its a final flush.
Of course I've already thought that a couple of times. :-)
Lite Blue Tie Dye
PPV Plum Purple Velvet
Purp
Blue LYK without the star
Blue LYK with star 2 different vines

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Wow! Those are beautiful blooms today ladies!

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Jackie, your blooms are beautiful. I love that baby blue but all are gorgeous.

Thanks Linda and Helena.

Helena that blue purp is so pretty! Is the second bloom a blue silk?
Jackie, you know I love those blues. PPV is looking really good! I'm gonna remind you of the tower of power mix, so you know what to expect.

more tower of power

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra. Good to see that you had so many blooming together, a good chance that you may get some crosses too.

I don't know if I had a blue silk blooming, the one above is the blue purpurea and dusky x fuchsia. These last vines have grown poorly with just a couple of blooms before they dry up and die. My new seedlings are doing better in the gh, I need to change the soil they were growing in.

Two nice pink blooms, a tiny speckled bloom and a Aomurasaki youjiro blzd bloom (label) that resembles DFNM.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Debra, you have a so many beautiful blooms!

Love yours too Helena! Love the pink speckled.

Love the pretty Tower of Power blooms Debra. Can't believe how many vines you still have blooming.

Beautiful pink and speckled blooms Helena, Love your DFNM look a like too

Cocoa Chocolate
LYK
Heavenly Blue

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I have not grown cocoa chocolate in long time, I need to do so the seeds I have can be replaced with new ones.

Your blue blooms are really nice.

Edited to say thanks Jackie, your too nice. Funny how when I see pretty blooms just makes me want to grow them too!

This message was edited Oct 10, 2014 1:33 PM

Jackie, that cocoa chocolate is very pretty!

Thanks Helena and Linda.
Helena, I had 2 of the Cocoa Choc vines going.
Just let me know if you think you need a few sds.
I;ve been carrying plants down to the greenhouse for a couple of hours,
wiping the dirt off the pots as I go. Just taking a short break. About 15 more and I'll
be thru.

wow Jackie, sure hope you aren't wore out. I also have been re-arranging the upstairs huge pots, and then sat out in the garage and took coleus cuttings and carried down some more plants. Only about 13 tropicals left outside in ground. I have no idea where I am going to put this last HUGE cerus cactus. it is so big and cumbersome.

beautiful coco choc, I love the leaves too. lyk and hb are outstanding in color.
Helena I love your Aomurasaki youjiro blzd , it is so fantastic! are the pink blooms an i nil? speckles might be small, but it is gorgeous. I only had that one speckled blom outside, it is just getting going, will wait until last minute to bring the small potted glories inside.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie for the offer, but I'm pretty sure my cocoa chocolate seeds are still good.
Wish I had planted a few a few of my tropicals perennials in the ground.

I know Debra and Jackie are working hard to get those plants inside. I still have a few to bring in too.

Debra, the pink blooms from yesterday are I nil. I wanted to grow out some of my aomurasaki youjiro blzd blooms this year but I think I should have done it earlier in summer. They have not done that well this late in the season. Lesson learned.

My only nice bloom this morning and it's sterile.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Debra, thanks. I just took my time carring my plants down to the greenhouse so not too bad.
When DGS came in from school, he carried the rest of the larger plants down for me,
I had to cut some of the longer stems, over 5 feet, off my cereus/nite bloomers to get them back in the g house.

Helena, is that the lovely Dusky x Fuji or Dusky x fuschia??

lovely bloom Helena. I wish I had started the pearly gates and flying saucers earlier, too. and I am just now seeing moon vine budding. Oh well. got almost everything dug up and plopped into tubs in the garage until I get some time to sort, cutback, and prepare to re-pot. bug bombing now.
Caught another possum in the trap. Joe lets them go far away from us here.

Gorgeous blooms Debra. Some of my favorite blues you have there.
The last one looks like a Blue Tie Dye. Love the Flying Star.

HB
Debs patio mix, love this one
Blue LYK is actually purple. I can't remember if its always purple, a Sr moment
Pres Bush ??
?Lite Blue TDye

Edited to say did not mean to send buggy # 4, lol

This message was edited Oct 12, 2014 12:01 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Debra. You are right Jackie it is a dusky x fuchsia-lav. I really liked that bloom.

Beautiful blooms Debra, love them all.

Beautiful blooms too Jackie. I've been dealing with bugs on mine for awhile, just hate those mealy bugs, look like powder on my vines.

This message was edited Oct 12, 2014 12:33 PM

Thanks Helena.
I;m watching for any sign of whiteflies. I had great luck last winter spraying them
with my generic listerine. I have not seen them this summer but I would likely notice them more
in the confines of the greenhouse.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

your blooms look great, JaCKIE, bugs just make things make seeds anyways, right?
Your HB is perfect, and lyk looks blue to me from here. would love to see it in the purple ..
That is a blue tie dye above from your seed packet 2012 you sent me.
Helena, I sure had some bugs this year, but those worms just really make me mad. I am using listerine on the inside jungle now, but everything gets bug bombed in the garage before they come in the house. still have blooms outside on a lot of things.

Beautiful blooms Debra. You've had a wonderful mg season.
I didn't have a single bloom on carnea this summer after I had all those lovely blooms
last yr.
Beautiful Flying Saucer and Purple Tie Dye ?? Like your 4 o'clock too.

Morning everyone! Love all your blooms ladies!

I finally have blooms! All planted by the birds I guess, but I will take them. They started growing about a month ago, after we got rain.
Dark blue almost purple, (looks lavender in the picture) and white with purple star. Lots of pink ones, light and dark. Nothing special, but my first blooms!

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55

LK, I think they are all fancy! you will have blooms to post while we are watching our blooms fade away.

Gautier, MS

Love your beautiful HB Jackie. I', going to try growing them next year. For sure am going to spray my plants with Listerine, the other spray I used didn't work.

Beautiful blooms Debra. I love seeing all your plants.

Glad you finally got blooms Linda. They look very nice to me too.

I think I have to retake my pictures of Aomurasaki youjiro , maybe be blurry.

Thanks Debra, Linda and Helena.
Congrats on your pretty blooms Linda.
Helena, the listerine was amazing,. I just held up my small plants and blasted them under the lvs for the whiteflies. For the whiteflies that flew up as soon as I moved the pot, I just
zapped them with the spray. It kills fleas that fast too and mosquitos. Don't let the listerine touch any wood surfaces.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty bloom Jackie. I got a extra small spray bottle for the Listerine.

I took a few more pictures and hope it came out this time. A pic of my new cuphea after a long wait to see it bloom. I have another one too that is taking it's time to bloom, don't know why some plants do that.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.