Fairy Garden Swap: The Land(ing) of Fairies Revealed Part 2

Ocean Springs, MS

We came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1371834/

and here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1370010/

and here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1368141/

and here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1366066/

Rules: Mailing deadline is Sept. 13. This is a secret swap! Please post pictures when you receive!
This swap is for those of you who are "pro's" and for those of us who are beginners! If you have a fairy garden, please post pictures, ideas, a list of plants you use, etc., that may help the beginners get started. For example, I am starting a fairy garden, but mine will be located in my sunroom.

1. Please keep your cost between $15-$20. I know some of you are making things, so include that as part of your cost. Please remember that shipping is not included in the cost of what you send.
2. IF YOUR ADDRESS IS NOT IN THE ADDRESS EXCHANGE, PLEASE DMAIL IT TO ME!
3. You may choose economy shipping if you are not shipping plants! Please use priority if you are shipping plants. Always get a tracking number!
4. Click on your buddy's name below to find a list of their wants, wishes, etc.

Froggies_Girl: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fr.php?pid=9904271
Recieved from Domehomedee and Cheermom
Joycet: Recieved

Taters55: Recieved

SpGardens: Recieved

Jordankittyjo: Recieved

Moonjala: Recieved

Syrumani: Recieved

Rose318: Recieved

Happgarden: Recieved

Domehomedee: Recieved

Nanny23: Recieved

Badcat: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=9911143

DeeJay9: Recieved

FloGro: Recieved

Cheermom: Recieved

Jokenna: Recieved (hasn't sent to her buddy yet)

HAVE FUN!!!!!!

This message was edited Sep 17, 2014 1:50 PM

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

ty & May I ask what is barista ? some one clue me in on this :) Since I'm already receiving a fairy house from Babette for our special side trade :) I will wait see what a barista is :)
I will be back later to give my answer :))) my fairy box should be landing today I think :) .

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

A barista is a set of table and chairs.

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

Here's a the Green and Blue Barista sets
Each are covered with peat moss under the gemstone for more of an accent.
(although the Blue was taken before I finished them)

Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens

afternoon ev1 just got back from town had to take Neighbor to her dr apt It is so hot & Muggy I cannot bring myself to do anything today so maybe I will just lay back & watch a movie .
No AC here but I have a fan . you all have a fun day .
oh guess i will go with the pot hanger . I like to dress up some of my painted Pots.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

OK ..LOL...HMM Dear Partner I didnt realize the fairy I had for you was a brazen hussy.. Im sorry!!! not sure whether to draw a crack on her or paint on underwear...Im leaving that one up to you!!!

Leave it up to Alana to find the hussies! LOL!

Ocean Springs, MS

Glad to see y'all found the new thread! DJ, I'll mail out your pothangers tomorrow!

Answer to yesterday's question: Vidia (Pamela Adlon) is a fast-flying-talent fairy. She has black ponytailed hair, gray eyes, pointy ears, fair skin and wears a purple vest with pink feathers, purple pants and black ballet shoes and has clear wings on her back.

NEW QUESTION: In Shakespeare's play, A Midsummer Night's Dream, how many times does the fairy speak?

Our winner for today is .......................BADCAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can pick one of the remaining prizes from SPGardens (Babette)! Congrats!

evening all Storms are almost over head so won't be staying on very long .
thought I would share My Hydrangea Wreath I Made this afternoon but i still have to get a bow & finish it off I got it a little lopsided so have to add a few more or take some off not sure yet but will wait & finish it off tomorrow :)
Amanda here are the jellies but don't know the names of them
as for the BBQ sauce it will go on some ribs one wintery day :))) well lots to read tonight so BBL

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Well according to the po that fairy landed with her two boxes! Hope she didn't drop them on my buddies head...rofl cause they were heavy.

In case my buddy doesn't know what to do, the big flat thing goes on top of the big round thing. Hope that helps and hope everything arrived safely! The round thing was packed pretty close to the edge of the box. If anything is broken we are collecting insurance cause that silly fairy packed so heavy.

No boxes here.

no boxes here :(

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

None here, either.

well I Lost my Conf # to see if if the fairy's I sent landed if not maybe today I Hope .
going out this morning & play in the flower beds . BBL

Ocean Springs, MS

Joyce, your buddy dmailed me and the boxes arrived safely.

Taters, yours should be coming next week.

I'm trying to keep up with everyone. if you need extra time to mail your box, please let me know. Thanks, Julie

Mine will go to the post office on Monday!

I am waiting on an order to arrive, but it should be here in time to get my box out by the deadline. If all goes according to plan. :)

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Sweet!!! Surprise me Babette! :)

Susie- Carrot Cake Jam on left, Cherry Almond in the middle ;)

5 boxes on the way to the PO as we speak! Buddy your box is one of them :) Wonder how many people are praying they arent my partner hahahah. Flo and Nanny, yours are on there way as well.

Wow amanda thought I Was Bad this Month with 5 Boxes :)
& I Have only started On 3 of them :( Hope they get in the mail on Monday :) we had a great rain last night so Gardens are easy to work in today . BBL

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Yeah was bad! Need to slow down on the swaps! Have 3 more to send still.,...

Buddy's 9/12
Flo 9/12
Nanny 9/8

Thanks Badcat for the update!

Fairyland has expanded it empire today with new gifts from my partner DeeJay9.
Thank-you Susie for over stuffing the box! i love them!!!
Here are some photos

1. 6 Plants
2 Adorable Fairy with birdie
3. Extra large succulent growing on top of wood
4. Lighthouses with miniature people, wood cutting for swing
5. 6 cool deep spiral cut wood for stairs or stepping stones

and more!

Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens

and more:

1. Gorgeous Hens and chicks succulents
2. 3 dragonfly clips
3. Beetle bug clips
4. Glow in the dark rocks
5. 2 Gazing Balls + extra Golf tees

and more!!

Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens
Ocean Springs, MS

Woohoo, Babette! That is one great box of goodies! Love it all, but those lighthouses are awesome. I collect lighthouses and have one side of my sunroom done with that theme!

This message was edited Sep 6, 2014 2:25 PM

Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl

and more....

1. Welcome sign - I will paint this nicely with flowers in pastel colors for my fairy (ies).
2. Cool wood to make a fairy swing

What a Fairyland surprise!
Fairyland has indeed expanded its empire today....lol
Thank-you Susie....

Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens

and Julie ~

Your Pink Fairy has arrived too...along with a plant.
thank-you!

It feel like Christmas today.... lol

Thumbnail by SPGardens
Ocean Springs, MS

Glad it arrived ok. The plant is some kind of spikemoss! And you are welcome!

It sure looks like Christmas there Babette! What a HUGE , box of stuff. The fairies will be flocking to your garden to enjoy all that wonderful treasure!

Oh my.... what a wonderful surprise!
Susie wrote the names of all the plants too...
The plants are gorgeous!!!!
I have to go outs and transplant them into a larger container until I find resting place for them.

so happy!
thank-you again Susie

and Julie for having this Fairy Swap.

Ocean Springs, MS

You are most welcome! I've enjoyed hosting.

Ocean Springs, MS

OMG! I just got a box from CheerMom (Sue) and it is packed with a complete fairy garden set. Sue, if you don't mind, I'd like to set it up before I post pics! I love it! OH, yes, I love it! Thank you so very, very, much! ♥

OK I am going to plug my entry for the DG County Fair. Actually I have them several in different categories. Favorite Vegetable garden- mine is the one with the green house behind it. Favorite Sweet treat-Minnie Mouse Giant Cupcakes. Favorite Floral arrangement- Table arrangement for my daughters wedding W/Stargazer Lily and candle ( we made 24 of these...every table at the reception had flowers and most of the guests got to take home an arrangement...whew!)
OK if you haven't already voted, or even if you have, it isn't too late to change your mind. ;)
Anyway I appreciate any votes that you all throw my way. But even if you don't vote for my entries, We'll still be friends, lol
Also my Great Pyrenees/Lab "Bigfoot"is fetching a water bottle in the pond in The "Pets" category. He spends more time in the water than out, But I don't have to worry about giving him a bath. Lol

This message was edited Sep 6, 2014 5:22 PM

Ocean Springs, MS

Nanny, I'll go check them out!

Went to set up my garden and Darn! No potting soil! Duh! I've been meaning to buy some for 2 weeks! So, I'll post the pics of what Sue sent me.
Thanks again, Sue!
Pic 1: A fairy garden in a box with fence, fairy, birdbath, arbor, watering can, bench and welcome sign
Pic 2: 2 bags of green moss
Pic 3: a fairy stone wall and 3 miniature clay pots
Pic 4: a pond, bridge, fairy, and clear gems
I love all of it!

Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl
BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Omgosh!!! Wowzas!!!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

badcat I agree completely!! These fairy gardens have been so amazing and they are not slowing down at all.....so very pretty everyone. So much fun.

Yeap froggies_g my buddy dmailed me that she got her boxes and she was not crushed by the fairy hitting her with them....whewwww! So glad to hear that.

Ocean Springs, MS

Oh, yes, we have a group of very talented, generous buddies here! I'm going to put some of the things in my sunroom and save some for my fairy garden that I do outside next spring!

OK, Babette, what do you have left for prizes? Want to know what's left before I post the next winner. BTW, here's the NEW QUESTION: In Shakespeare's play, A Midsummer Night's Dream, how many times does the fairy speak?

Y'all have a good night! ♥

Julie is this a trick question????

Thanks Julie! Wow you hit the Fairy Jackpot! You got some very nice things, too. In fact everyone is getting such nice boxes. Your partners are being very good to you! I am impressed by all the great stuff here.

Gm all So glad you like Babette As i told ya I'm not crafty & the Toad house I made was not as I like to send anyone .
& my Little cedar house would not fit in a flate rate box & would have cost me over 20.oo to ship , so I tried to find things you could add to your little fairy garden :)

It has cooled down finely & I can now get into my gardens :
though there are not very many blooms .

very sad morning ,Just found out yesterday that my Neighbor down the road that always brought me my Soil with his Bucket
Has cancer he's been in the hospital for the last 9 days no one Knew this till yesterday he came home & his cancer is Not good. he won't be with us for very long.
ya all have a great day

So sorry to hear about your neighbor Susie. I have lost several friends to cancer in the past few years. It seems like more people are dying from that than in the past, I sure hope that they make some break through to help cure cancer. I did see on the news that some experimental treatments are having good results. I pray that it will continue to progress. As a cancer survivor I take a personal interest in the research being done.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.