CLOSED: September Chat - Can't Believe It's Almost Fall

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I believe the first 3 pictures in the last set are all the milkweed swan plant?

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Gm can anyone help me with an ID # 1 &5 #5 smells Great & I think they use it for dried arrangements 31 is just one little stem with this cute flower the other 3 are just fall Blooms :)
I have to be gone awhile so will check back in later ya all have a great day .

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

Number 5 looks like a kalanchoe?

I 'm Not sure what happen but #2 was # 5 when I posted this I Know #5 is a Sedum not sure witch one but # 2 is the one i need ID for . Just got home from taken Neighbor to her drs apt so now my Lunch & Then off to the gardens it is so nice out side BBL

Look what I have about to open! Debra sent me this plant earlier this year, and it is going to bloom! I think it is a starfish plant?

Carrion Plant, Carrion Flower, Starfish Plant, Toad Plant, Zulu Giant
Stapelia gigantea

Thumbnail by taters55

So Neat hope we get to seed the blooms :)

Should be any day now!

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Oh how exciting LK! I love it when a new plant blooms for the first time!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Very nice. Do not think I ever seen one of these plants. Post the blossom I am sure you will. ;)

I will post as soon as it opens.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I love my Stapelia gigantea! It's one of my favorite succulents (and I have a lot of them). :)

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

That is a huge bloom!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

The blooms are very large. Yours will be too. :)

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Wow! CVG that is a huge bloom!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

So is anyone interested in some japanese soloman seals? They get the little flowers in the spring like the native ones. I could send just for postage if any one is wanting some. They do spread but now fast at all. I have had mine for about 6 years. They are a nice addition to some shady area. I st, arted outwith just one and have never thinned them.

Thumbnail by gardenlady123

Wish I had shade down here!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I wish you did also Linda.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms, Debra and Susie.

The S. gigantea does get huge blooms, Nanny. Some of the stapelias have smaller blooms but, of course, Stapelia "gigantea" really does service to its name.

Waving to Fruity if she stops by. :)

Hoping everyone is having a good week.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

LOve those butterfly bushes. What is the 4th picture?

I still have a few blooms... sunflower, pride of barbado's, purple mexican petunia, hibiscus and pink four o'clock.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Very nice, Linda. Love that hibiscus! The fourth photo is the bloom of my Italian parsley. :)

Ornamental Sweet Potato Vine

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Beautiful pictures everyone...wow. That butterfly bush is amazing. I think I FINALLY found a spot that I have a happy butterfly bush. Mine don't ususally last a season, so I will see next spring, but so far this one looks really nice.

AmandaEsq has the 2014 Fall Round Robin Interest Thread OPEN:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1377649/

October Birthday card swap open
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1377798/

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

beautiful display, LK, love the pride of barados a lot. Got the garage full of the second load ready to be bug bombed and taken downstairs, the front gardens that had tropcals are all empty now except for the banana and the brugs in ground and a huge duranta . The basement has the first area pretty full so far, the boys will be bringing it all in this weekend, and I am NOT READY.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I am working on getting back into the greenhouse, also, even though it is hot as blazes here. I am going on 2 trips this month and so need to get things at least started. Generally there is no need to worry until November. I have lots of trees and they keep it warmer even after light frosts. My oldest small greenhouse is almost not usable so I am either going to have to scrunch up or let some things go.

I subscribe to Horticulture, Fine Gardening, and American Gardener (publication of AHS). If anyone would like to see some back issues, D-mail me and I will send sometime when I am sending you something in a swap.
Interesting spelling of October in this thread. octubre?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

It's like that other places on the site. Another glitch they are trying to fix.

I'm not ready either, Debra. I haven't done anything with all my succulents that are outside. Oh well, October usually isn't too cold until the end of the month. ;-)

I'm trying to eliminate some magazines. Right now I subscribe to American Gardener, Tennessee Gardener and also get The Gesneriads magazine. Honestly, I like a lot of what I see in Country Living and Country Gardens magazines about as well. I still get Country Living but I think I've let Country Gardens expire. Time will tell.

It was windy and rained a lot last night. But our 40 mph winds didn't materialize. More leaves are down and the sunchokes are blown over as well. All in all, not bad. My ornamental sweet potato vine is continuing to bloom inside in a vase of water.

Happy Friday, ya'll!

BRRRR and whoa! Hang on to your hats and skirts, windy so bad here and freezing as well!
got another garage full and bug bomb set off, will move that load down tonight after work and then tommorrow Son comes over and gets the big stuff, but will put sheets over the temp tender things tonight in the interim. I got your wind! :P~
Joe finished digging the last of his taters up.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Nice photos all. It is so yuckie here today. Getting colder by the minuet. Raining all day. Got some homemdae peanut butter cookies made. Want to make an apple pie next. Smells so good in the house dinner baking now. I miss not using the oven when it is so hot outside. Even got some christmas shopping started.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Much colder today following the arrival of the rain. 43° now and going down to 35° tonight. I really do need to bring some plants inside. I keep saying that but it hasn't happened yet. Too busy with other things.

Love the smell of cookies and so forth filling the house, Ronna. PB is a favorite around here. :)

Lovely flowers, Debra. Are those the the roots of your sunchokes?

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I wish we could have the equivalent of a barn raising where we went around and helped each other get our plants situated for the winter.
I am so picky though it might not work. I usually wait til I am putting plants up for the winter to clean up, check for bugs and repot. Also chuck things I have too many pots of. From midsummer on I am too busy watering to do a lot of these chores that could be done if it were not so hot.
NOAA says it will be 43 tonight here, then warming up. Not too bad to some of you folks but I expect it will seem pretty cold because we've been having 80 and 90 degree weather for several weeks.

wheres your oct thread ????

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm not doing these regularly - was just keeping them going until Fruity came back ... so someone else can start an October thread if they want to.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I covered about 3 things I can't decide if I am going to drag in or not. Everything else is tucked in. I love all my plants but my space is limited and between company coming had to clean house, spent two days with them, tearing up a garden bed that I need to get done, falling and hitting my rib on the edge of the concrete stoop, 3 days of rain, sister having surgery (had to get up at 2AM to get her around and there in time for surgery, and now down in the 30's geehz! I am just tired and sore...lol Almost looking forward to winter (I really didn't say that did I?)

To the new October thread..
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1378013/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.