CLOSED: September Chat - Can't Believe It's Almost Fall

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Morning everyone! Thanks for the new room!

Hi,, everyone!!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Hello aall. Another busy day at work. But we got thru it just fine. Did a little garden work after so now I am tired. We had dinner now we are watchi ng" one flew over the cocko nest". Love Jack Nicholson!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Jack Nicholson is a very good actor. I've been trying to think who my favorite actor is, but I haven't been able to narrow it down to one just yet. :)

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Made it over here! ;)

A million years ago my XDH had a heart attack and they had to use the paddles to start his heart. After he recovered the heart doctor asked him why he said 'I am sick not crazy' xdh and I started laughing cause we had just watched One flew over the cockoo's nest....

Ohhh favorite actor? that would be hard. Current actors I don't think I have one. Robert Redford was one of my 'old' favorites. Meryl Streep favorite female.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Just to show my age My favorite Actor was Jimmy steward .
My favorite actress was Loretta Young , as for Now days ,
I Have No respect for any of the druggies, or Nudest , Brain washing the kids .
Have a great day all .

I just love Sean Connery.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I do enjoy Meryl Streep. So talented. And whoever was in The Hunt For Red October. I really, really liked that one. I think it was Alec Baldwin who starred in that originally, along with Sean Connery and James Earl Jones. Both excellent.

I agree with you, Susie, a majority of the movies today are junk. Sex sells, as they say, and apparently very well.

I have to say one of my favorite actor's is Clint Eastwood.

We don't have cable or anything like that. But on regular tv they still run Father Knows Best. I still love that show. I looked it up on the internet and here is what is said, I am not surprised.
Father Knows Best ran on network television from 1954 to 1963 and is a classic example of American Pop Culture at its best. Four of its five cast members were seasoned actors coming from successful movie careers; with the show paying attention to literate dialogue, movie-style camera work and lighting, high-quality direction and production values, and using realistic details on the set. It all gave the show a glossy, professional feel. Yet the real success of the series was mostly due to character interaction and development. Despite the shows title, Jim Anderson wasn't really like a "Father" - he was more like a "Dad", and the TV audience connected. He was a responsible parent who loved his wife and kids. He was a man who would do a paper route in the rain for his sick son, Bud. He was a man who'd always choose to see Kathy in a school program rather than attend an important Chamber of Commerce dinner. His family came first, but it was a delicate balancing act.

Father Knows Best was so popular that when production ended, it continued on the primetime TV network schedule for the next three years (no other TV show in history has done that), and then ran another five years (until 1967) on ABC's daytime line-up. Throughout the decades of the 1970's, 1980's and 1990's it was on both local and cable channels such as the (CBN) Family Channel. And until 2003 it aired on TVLand. Currently (2014) it is being broadcast on the Antenna TV Network.

Lookie at my $15.00 craft chest!!!!!!

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by

Oh Kris, that is sweet!

Yup. We went to get the final parts and a inside light. I will get started working on fun stuff tomorrow! !

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Nice elfie. Looks like it will be perfect for what you need it for. So nice to get something thats perfect for what you need.
We gat a soaking of a thunderstorm this morning. We are getting ready to have some more in about twenty mins or so. A long line of storms coming. Really hot today it got up to 90. Yuckie is all I can say.

Thanks. I ordered two new molds today. I will be making tiny fairys soon!!!!

Thumbnail by

Oh Kris, I like that house, what is it made from?

Very nice house.
That is a great craft box.
Things are lining up. ;)

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Morning all! Just checking out the new room! Gotta go to work, but I will be back later!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Hey, all.
Nice craft cabinet, Elfie.
I am keeping so busy I am not getting any postings done here. But looks like everyone is carrying the banner forward so--no worries.

Morning. I'm following u C! :)
Gonna be rainy here today they say. Think I will work on a couple of Christmas projects. Could clean house but what fun would that be.

same here happ calling for more rain here today but its nice & muggy this morning .

ok I'm going to get busy will be back when it gets to hot :)

I made the house from copper flashing and Babette idea for. Rocks . The roof is a funnel from dollar tree.

I am going to work on salvaging my polymer clay bars today. I did not know that if the were in the attic they would over heat and partially bake. So wish me luck as I have over $200.00 in clay I may have to throw out today!! Can you say ouch!!

I love my new work area. I just need to tweak a few things. Will post moe
More pictures later

Sure hope you can save your clay Kris!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1374259/#post_9933596

Did a thread on my work area. Now to get to work!!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Man I am upset. I went to get some postage boxes. They are so expensive. I wanted to do some trading. But I do not think I can afford to send out anything. Wow I was so surprised to see the price. Bummed

Rona : The Prioity & Flat rate Boxes are free or you can order them also online it list a price but they are free & will come to your door but you have to get 25 at a time but they are FREE.

Just go to your po and ask for them. Sometimes the sizes aren't quite what i need but close enough.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Yes I relize they are free but you have pay so much to ship them. That is what i am talking about. I think for a large it is 17 dollars or so. Wow. I can not send out to many boxes. I do not know how everyone can do all these swaps and keep paying the postage all the time. Pricey$$$$$

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

If you use your own boxes or the P.O. supplied Priority mail boxes, not the flat rate boxes, and purchase your shipping online @ USPS.com you can save considerable money depending on the weight and destination of the package you are shipping. Go to USPS.com and go to the tab "Calculate Shipping" and you can find out how much Priority Mail vs. Flat Rate costs. If you purchase your shipping online and print your label, instead of taking it to the Post Office, there is a discount. Sometimes almost $2 for the same shipping.
Sometimes it is cheaper to ship Flat Rate, if it is heavy and fits in the box they supply. Be advised that if you order "Priority Mail" boxes you must mail it "Priority".
There are both Flat rate boxes and Priority mail boxes available on their website for no charge. My post office doesn't keep anything but Flat Rate boxes on hand. I know it sounds complicated, but after you do it a time or two it's pretty easy. And if you have questions just holler and I, or someone here can probably help
The only fly in the ointment is that you need a scale that will weigh your packages pretty accurately. I have a digital bathroom scale that works well on anything over 5 lbs. The first few times I had the clerk at the P.O. weigh to make sure it was accurate. I have since purchased a digital postal scale on Ebay for $15 that will weigh anything from 1 oz. to 86 lbs and it works great! Sorry to be so long winded but it takes a bit to explain the whole process. And you have to try different things to get the best possible rates. The advantage of Flat rate is that it doesn't matter what it weighs as long as it fits in the box and Doesn't weigh over the specified limit, so you don't have to weigh it. If that isn't enough to confuse you, let me know and I will think of something else to add. ;) lol

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

The cheapest priority box is about $5.50 Seems like you can ship up to a pound and a half or so for that rate. I recently discovered that UPS is cheaper with really heavy boxes (20# or so) and get it there for about $1/lb. The size of the flat rate boxes is the limiting factor since you can ship up to 70lb/flat rate Box. If it fits, it goes. I recently sent some 20lb boxes of clothes and the smallest box they would go in was a box for reams of paper.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Be sure to get adequate insurance for UPS. They broke a lot of my good dishes once when I shipped with them and the dishes were well packed and padded. For plants, they are probably okay but I don't know.

I noticed the same thing with ups versus the po.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Doesn't feel like fall here. Still very hot and humid. Got a welcome shower tonight.

Feels like fall here right now it is 57, wed/thurs suppose to have alot of rain, and the temps HIGH will be 60's and LOW 40's NOT GOOD. I dragged several tropicals in today but will have to get them in tomorrow cause I am too busy the rest of the week.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I just opened the door to let the cats out and got such a wonderful blast of COOL air. And low humidity. For the first time it feels like Fall is in the air. One of my favorite times of the year.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Going to ship my box today its going to CA. Will see I did pack my own box. Hopefully it will not be to bad. I love to trade but man the price! I guess its cheaper than buying new plants.
Yes the weather this morning is chilly for sure only 51. I do love fall so much! Going to go see my sweet little baby toady. Have a great day all. I will.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yes, unless you are using Flat Rate, the cost is determined by distance and weight.

Amanda has the Fall Gourmet from Home Swap open :)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1374699/

This message was edited Sep 8, 2014 8:05 AM

Wish I liked fall like you all, it makes me sad. Days are getting shorter, getting colder, not much is blooming, and alot of plants are already brown and dead ;(

And I have to start dragging things in....ok I am done whining. lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.