September weather - where did summer go ?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

September weather - where did summer go ?

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Summer is here. Summer spends the fall here.

They are calling for a high of 91F.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)

Updated: 8:51 AM PDT on September 01, 2014
Clear
73 °F
Clear
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 63 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.82 in (Falling)
Visibility: 8.0 miles
UV: 3 out of 16
Pollen: 7.80 out of 12

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Cloudy 82 degrees
Storm warnings
73% humidity
Winds Westerly at 20 to 30 mph

Mountain View, HI

Blue sky, very little wind, HOT, HUMID.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Strong storms overnight and a nice sunny day today with temps only in the high 70s. Felt great!!!

They are calling for a high of 90F. Right now it is cloudy, just low featureless clouds that will burn off by lunch time. Hopefully half a day of clouds will keep it from being 95F.

Updated: 7:23 AM PDT on September 02, 2014
Overcast
66 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 61 °F
Pressure: 29.88 in (Rising)
Visibility: 8.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 7.00 out of 12

85 for high with heavy fog this morning. Burned off by afternoon and sun was shining again.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

About the same as above ,, real close ... ^_^

Here's the Rainbow ..

Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Good pretty morning in Yorktown, In. Not hot yet just super sunny after the fog burnt off.

They are calling for a high of 88F. I can't see how the temperature will stay that low when there is not a cloud in the sky.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on September 03, 2014
Overcast
68 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 76%
Dew Point: 60 °F
Pressure: 29.78 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Pollen: 6.80 out of 12

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

80 degrees
86 was the high .
hot , humid , but ,, a nice day .. except for digging , running , cutting grass , trimming trees ,, to hot for all that .. and cars without air conditioning ...

Currently 83. Just after 1pm it was 71. lol. Several small storms throughout the day which I loved.

Mountain View, HI

The trade winds just refuse to return. So we get early morning and night time showers, the late morning dries out and by mid afternoon clouds build up over the interior of the island and produce showers. 93f on Maui yesterday, 90f in Honolulu. Remains hot and humid here on the Big Island with varying temps depending on elevation. Usually about 82f at its hottest where we are.
Lava flow still moving forward. Now 0.7 miles from nearest homesteads. Evacuations possible in a couple of days. Farmers looking for temp. homes for their cattle, goats, chickens etc. Lava may pass by the homes but cut off roads. Its a waiting game. Regular community informational meetings and Civil Defense is involved.

Mountain View, HI

If you want to follow the Lava's progress google "Kilauea update" that will give you daily status and some great photos.

Nothing even 1/10 as exciting as a volcano around here.

They are calling for a high of 86F. It is still dark and cloudy out at 8AM.

They broke a record up at Santa Barbara. They got a trace of rain yesterday.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on September 04, 2014
Overcast
66 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 81%
Pressure: 29.73 in (Steady)
Visibility: 9.0 miles
Pollen: 6.10 out of 12

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

90 the high
Still about that now
partly cloudy day .
Typical august day , since it is now September .. lol

93 or so for high today. Tomorrow scattered rain and cold front moves in.

Mountain View, HI

Same weather again today. We drove around the island today to and from Costco in Kona. Clear and hot across the middle of the island, hot in Kona, cloudy on the way back along the south side, heavy rain in Volcanoes National Park and sunny 10 miles further down the road at our house.

Lava did not move very far today, they reported about 100 yards.

Hey Kelli, volcanoes are like surgery - interesting if its someone else's problem.

We find it fascinating from our vantage point. If the winds in the right (or wrong) direction we can smell the wood smoke from the forest. Status went from lava watch to lava warning today so public access is now blocked to the nearest subdivision - residents only. Next problem will be sight seeing crowds as the lava becomes viewable from public areas. Other concerns are road access being cut to neighborhoods on the wrong side of the flow and downed power lines cutting power to unaffected areas.

We are hoping it will stop in the next couple of days.

Years ago we went to view a flow in the park and were walking down a paved road with glowing lava 10 ft away on the other side of an earth bank. By the time we got home and turned on the news it had crossed the road where we were walking.
On another evening visit we walked an official trail with many other folks across a cooled lava flow only to find out that the bottoms of our shoes were melting and we could look down a crack and see the glow. The park rangers quickly moved the trail markers.
In many cases you can walk up to some flows and actually poke sticks in the hot lava as it creeps forward.
Both true stories.

It was 59F at the house this morning. They are calling for a high of 92F, but nothing that will melt our shoes.

Updated: 5:51 AM PDT on September 05, 2014
Overcast
63 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 90%
Pressure: 29.83 in (Falling)
Visibility: 4.0 miles
Pollen: 6.60 out of 12

I don't know what all of the pollen is. I'm guessing it's ragweed. It's that time of year. Somehow that stuff grows in the dry summer. It's pure cussedness, I would imagine.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Am here- back in Atlanta- early still but- 79* & 77% humidity.

Hit 81 before the cool front moved in then it started dropping. My dad was cold and so was I when we were in town so we ran heaters in our vehicles coming home. lol. Wind is brisk too.

High tomorrow of 72 or so. I love fall weather!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

92 today
Storming and 82 now

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

5:10 AM 50º & dark!
Off to market. Forecast, 72º & sunshine.

50F sounds wonderful. I haven't felt that in ages. They are calling for a high of 97F. There's a 40% chance of rain on Monday. We laugh.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on September 06, 2014
Clear
65 °F
Clear
Humidity: 81%
Dew Point: 59 °F
Pressure: 29.88 in (Rising)
Pollen: 7.10 out of 12

Currently 75. A couple days of low 80s coming then we start going down to high 60s with 40s for lows. I can't wait!! LOL

This morning when I turned the water off in the shower I hear an interesting sound. It was raining! We only got a trace but that's more than we usually get. It might have even broken or tied some records.

The cloud cover made for sort of a hot morning but I don't think it's quite that hot here at the house.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on September 08, 2014
Overcast
76 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 48%
Dew Point: 55 °F
Wind: 5 mph from the ESE
Pressure: 29.82 in (Rising)
Pollen: 6.70 out of 12

Currently 75. Low 80s and sunshine for high. Hearing something about severe storms tomorrow. Will have to check news here in a min and see about that.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Fall isn't here yet, but at least we've been rain cooled the past week and weekend. Still gets up to 90 before rain hits though. Nice to hear "Cold Fronts" mentioned, won't be long then till we see nicer temps again.

They are calling for a high of 91F today. At this point they are calling for 102F on Saturday. It looks like we won't be going to the county fair that day.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on September 09, 2014
Clear
68 °F
Clear
Humidity: 61%
Dew Point: 54 °F
Pressure: 29.91 in (Rising)
Pollen: 7.10 out of 12

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

cooler here the past few days 70's
50 to 55 night early morning is kind of cold though ,
I will be asking for that back here shortly ,,

High 80s for high today and so far dry. I'm not sure that the rain is gonna hit us here or not. Looks like it's gonna miss us by going southeast instead of south. I want that rain so bad!! lol

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Twin Cities- Minneapolis side. BRRRR. Rains moved gently in last nite, temps dropped and with the gray of a drizzly morning there is a STIFF wind making white tops at diagonals with the Mississippi River currents.
52* on my dash.
52*, 94% humidity, 15mph North winds to 21mph gusts.
Lo tonite predicted 37*....

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Weather liars were right on. Predicted 2+ inches of rain, we got 2/10's.
This morning you would think the next ice age is on the way. What a bunch of whiners!
Not bad out, big wind didn't show either.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

We have them ,
77 degrees now , (expected high , 77 also is

At this hour ) Tornado watch
High Wind Warning
Tonight Strong storm warning
Severe storm watch ..

Raining steadily .. Thunder .

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Oh Bernie, sorry about hogging all the rain.
We recd. 2.1" of rain and a wind probably around 20 mph.
I don't think it is cold, but Archie is freezing.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We don't need the rain. That 2/10 was just right. Planted some radish Sunday.

Mountain View, HI

No weather here. Light winds, light night showers, light afternoon showers, High cloud keeps it about 80f. Really benign. Should be the same for the next week.
Not complaining, great yardwork weather and pop in the greenhouse in the showers.

Lots of Lava activity.

Tree Down. Did I post this already. Can't remember

Thumbnail by microb

High was 73 and mostly cloudy today. The strong storms stayed north while we got some noise and some rain and that was it overnight. Gonna get down to 50 tonight.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Microb ,, cute tree bridge ... I like it ..

79 degree here for the high , few degrees higher than the forecast ,
Still raining steadily , thunder Lightning ,
Rain is heavy at times ..

Cloudy all day with a high around 60 or so. Tomorrow we will be lucky to reach 60. LOVE IT!!! I love fall!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.