Weird Saz

Thumbnail by patootie
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

A different no Mai vine blooming
Purple Tie Dye
Pink Tie Dye finally showing a different pattern

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I found ya! Beautiful morning glories Jackie!

Debra, your blooms are so pretty, and Helena, that is a lot of seedlings! DO you keep them alive all year in the house?

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

That weird Saz is awsome. Jackie you always give us a great daily dose of eye candy, and that hot pink no mai is really very beautiful. of course the purple tye dye is to DIE for ..
Helena I am so glad you have JL and that spotted mg, I am still trying to decide if the spotted one is an i nil or a purp.
silly , I know..

Thanks Linda and Debra.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra, happy you got to enjoy them before going to work. Know that can be hard to leave your garden.

Beautiful blooms too Jackie. It's a treat for us to be able to share our garden!

Thanks everyone. Linda, I started those seedlings a couple of weeks ago. I potted some last week and they are starting to get buds. Now I just have to get around to potting the rest. I've bought many bags of dirt this year that I mix with old but I'm a little worried that I won't have enough pots for them all. Thinking of using the 24 or 32 oz Styrofoam cup I collect, it'll save a bit of dirt.

Gee, Helena, let me send you some of the re-cycled cups I bring home from work , ( we have a starbucks machine) or some of the water bottles, I cut the bottoms out and then they just take off..

so is the spotted mg a purp or a nil? LOL

well shoot , off to bed, I can't remember if I told you the black king had another bloom this am, I had so many things blooming I was tempted to call in late. I know I sent you some of the basement mix, so here are those blooms from last winter..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Helena, I hope I have something new open soon, tired of my same old blooms.

Debra, the spotted MG's are nils. The lovely Jamie Lynn is a purp.
Wonderful blooms you had last winter.

Thumbnail by patootie

Morning everyone. What kept you two up so late?
Beautiful blooms to wake up to.

Linda, 1 am is early. It was 5 am before I went to bed. Stress!!!I
Had a new bloom in the
lg tub out back, did not recognize it and not a pretty bloom. Might as well not have planted my lg tubs'this yr. In one my lvs are huge and no sign of a single bud.

1 am is my usual bedtime, unless I am worrying about things I can not control :P

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Debra thanks for the offer, that is so nice of you but I couldn't let you do that. I still have pots, thank goodness. I worked myself till I could stay out any longer but got a lot of the seedlings potted up. Some have buds ready to open in a couple of days.

Pretty blooms Debra.
Nice bloom Jackie. Well, if you're tired of your blooms Jackie then I'm in trouble showing all my repeats.....but that's just to say here is what's blooming for me this morning! So don't get tired, we'll enjoy your blooms with you.

New bloom though not perfect. Love this baby pale blue color.
A white bloom from the chocolate cross.
Q117
Dark blue DFNM
China Doll

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, that Q117 is very interesting. Wonder what that light blue is? Gosh it is almost sher like chiffon.
I am glad you have repeats it lets us see the variations, Jackie, however I know how you feel, I feel the same way when I go out in the mornings and see nothing new, but found that the ones I already have sometimes have a little surprise to show me. Keep posting your repeats so we can see the subtle wondrous chages from bloom to bloom.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Love the colors of your blooms 4 o'clock blooms Debra.

I just noticed that the time is wrong on my previous post and probably on this one too. It's 2:43 pm right now.

What's up with the "Back to Post" thing? It hasn't worked right after viewing the last pic on our post for awhile now. Wish they would fix it.

Gautier, MS

Nice color on your blooms Debra.

oh yeal, the timing is way off, I have 2:56 right now on my work screen.. hmm

thanks for the compliments, I love my 4 o clocks, but we thined them out last year so I have ( wanted) one of each color, but I think Joe dug up my two toned yellow and red, and the dark red, and the big yellow, cuz I havn't seen them here and those tubers went elsewhere.. *sigh* I did see a two toned yellow and red out in the corner Garden, behind the big EE's. lotta good that does, eh?
Wish I would see a DFNM right about now ;) so since I am not seeing any in my yard, lets keep seeing yours.
this is a new 4 o clock I crossed, but a horrible pic, it is a two toned with picotee edge so cute the yellow is on the outside blends into peach

Thumbnail by joeswife

Thanks Helena and Debra. I think just so many problems here that the stress is
keeping me from even enjoying my blooms. :-
Beautiful blooms Helena. The 1st one is very unusual and pretty, but I love all of them.

Love your pretty morning glories too Debra, the 4 o'clock is special, beautiful color. :-)
Wish I could remember what Ronnie calls the striped bloom that comes out of
Carnival of Venice along with Jamie Lynn. I should have written it down.

Blue bliz
Pres bush
Weird Saz 2 sd pods on this one hoping for more so I will have enough to share

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra and Jackie.

Debra, love your 4 o'clock. I hope you didn't loose your other tubers, hope you see them blooming in your yard.

Jackie, awesome blooms. I love the colors, they are really nice blooms. I know how you feel, hope things settle down for you. I try to enjoy my blooms at least when I'm checking them out.
But I know that life is so unfair when we have to worry about everything happening in the family. Too much sadness in this world.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Very nice flowers this afternoon. Keep them coming please?

Thanks Helena and you are right as usual :-)

Linda, hope your dad is continuing to improve.

We will all be alright. Thank goodness we all have each other here and all our blooms to keep our minds off the bad, sad, and ugly stuff. I just came in from looking at everything with my big flashlight. I found two grasshoppers and a new kind of snail. Killed them all. I hope I don't bring in other states bugs when I get plants from somewhere else. I should have taken a pic of that snail, never had one like it here and I find a lot snails. ugh. have not used sluggo this year, may end up using it after all, since it has been raining every week this year. I got up early so I could see these this am, I saw the buds the night before and could hardly sleep I was so excited..Darren's cardinal flower is so cute, been a long time since I grew cardinal flower..waiting for my cypress vine, but haven't found it yet.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

I have been complaining to Joe about how I wasn't seeing any of my special morning glory's, he likes the big ones the best..
I also have been whining because my white marigolds and green envy zinnias were not blooming, but low and behold..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Lovely flowers Debra. # 4, 1st row and # 3, 2nd row look alot like Purple George Strait
Pretty large flower on Blue Silk. Gorgeous is the only way to describe # 5 first row
and # 1 2nd row. Beautiful colors

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra. I agree with what Jackie said. Your arbor reminds me of when I started growing mgs and had a mix of mgs growing together.

It was a good morning for blooms. Look at what I found blooming, Two blooms on Q269, so the top bloom looks like it's one of what it was crossed with.
Third bloom has Tsukiyono label but could be a cross.
China Doll
Blue purple ?

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Quote from patootie :
Lovely flowers Debra. # 4, 1st row and # 3, 2nd row look alot like Purple George Strait
Pretty large flower on Blue Silk. Gorgeous is the only way to describe # 5 first row
and # 1 2nd row. Beautiful colors

Thanks,Jackie.. I will tag them now. I was hoping you would ID them for me.
Golly Helena, those colors are so vibrant. I am about to fall in love with China DOLL, cuz she is a real Doll. What a treat for you this am!

This message was edited Aug 16, 2014 12:52 PM

Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra. Glad you got to enjoy your blooms today.

Took picture of this one a bit later. It's dusky x lilac specks. But I like it.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Oh my gosh Helena. Incredibly beautiful blooms for you this morning. I wish you
had time to pollinate your 2 completely diff blooms of Q269. All your blooms are lovely this
morning
Your dusky x lilac specks is a beauty.

PPV
Purple TDye
Aogakiyama
PinkTie Dye
Speckled Tri-Lobed

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

That is beautiful Helena. I hope you get seeds from that one. Jackie, that Aogakiyama is really pretty, I am hoping to see one bloom from seed from you here, it is so pretty. I love that tri lobed speckled mg, is it an i nil?
Brought in all the tropicals from the front porch, it is so hot outside, even tho they are in shade, thought I'd bring them in to cool down and they are all nestled in the north window dining room area..
We are going to Buffalo in about two and half weeks, so I have been bringing things in that are up against the house and under the eaves so that who ever comes to water won't have to deal with them.

hope you all can tell me who these are..

and then I had these open..
and here are my sunflowers on the north patio with morning glorys

Oh my Goodness. I love all the blooms! That purple tri-lobed is really nice!

Debra, those blues are so pretty!

Thanks, I love the blues, but especially love the blue eyes on this flower..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra, gorgeous blooms,1st bloom could be a BSOI variant, but I don't think so.
The white bloom, 3rd pic on the 2nd row with the blue is reallly special.
Beautiful blue eyed baby!!

This message was edited Aug 17, 2014 2:23 AM

Thanks, Jackie. I just adore her, but don't spend but about 6 hours a week with her. When she is weaned, then it will be different.

What does BSOI stand for?

Blue Star of India but It looks more like one that I can;t recall the name right now. Maybe Ronnie will come along and she might know. 3rd bloom looks like a Blue Star out of Dany's sds and Helena grows one very similar
I used to get a bloom just like the 2nd one on the 2nd row.
I hope you get to spend more time with her in a few months. Shes
a beautiful baby.

Debra, she is beautiful!

Gautier, MS

Precious and beautiful baby Debra. Glad you get to spend special hours with her.

Pretty blooms Jackie, your Speckled Tri-Lobed is special too.

Quite a show of blooms Debra, very pretty.

Mine are all repeats except for that fuchsia one. I need to go and tag the 2 blooms on Q269. I thought of hand pollinating them yesterday but I think I got side-tracked doing other things.
I have been taking my little brush with me today. I want to make sure I get a few seed from Yukon, and China Doll and my Chocolate crosses.

Nice blooms Helena! That fuchsia is so pretty and vibrant!

Power went off again today and lost my reply.
Your chocolate crosses are beautiful Helena, really enjoying those blooms.
Gorgeous speckled too.
Is China Doll making the lovely bloom with the hint of blue?

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Jackie that 3rd bloom is from one with the Tempest label which is probably a cross. Hope your power wasn't off for too long. It's always an unpleasant thing when that happens.

Here's China Doll from today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.