Greenhouse misting system

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi, I am desperate to find a greenhouse misting system , preferably that is battery operated because my greenhouse sits way back on our property. I need something that can be set to come on every 15 min. for say 6 seconds for approx. 8-10 hrs. a day during the summer. I had one in my old greenhouse but we moved a couple years ago and I don't remember who the manufactuer was or the person that installed it's name.
I just got a new greenhouse and am trying to get it set up so I can prepare it for winter and would love to get a misting system installed so it is ready to go in the Spring. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Patricia

Hi Patricia,

The problem you have is times on and off and time on of less than a minute and battery operated. What you need is a timer made for seedling and cutting growers. I haven't had one for some years but it cost over $100 and was 110 volt. Google 'seeding mister timers' and look. Hope this helps.

Best of luck and enjoy your new GH.

Larry

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Thank you Larry, I finally got what I needed this last weekend. We had to drive a couple hours away to a supply company that works with a lot of the nursery's in the Willamette Valley here in Oregon and they knew and had exactly what I needed. It is has a looping system which is what I think they call that frequent on and off that I needed.

Patricia

Danville, IN

Patricia,
What misting system did you find, and can it be mail-ordered? I have a sunroom / greenhouse that would benefit from a misting system to raise the humidity. I've been looking at misting fans and misting cooling systems that are used in arid areas outside on patios and in party tents. It's confusing! Any advice from anyone would be much appreciated.

John

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi John, We found a irrigation and plumbing store out of Portland that sells to the local nursery's. They only had one that was appropriate for my greenhouse it is Irritrol Junior Max, I don't believe they do mail-order and I don't even remember the name of the company. We decided to wait and install it in the Spring since I won't be running it over winter. These people were so helpful and even put it together for my husband, he has never installed one before and programmed it to my specifications so that all we have to do is attach it to the other piping and it is ready to go.

Patricia

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.