Who established US White House Rose Garden?

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 33 votes:

Mrs George Washington
(1 votes, 3%)
Red dot

Mrs Lyndon B Johnson
(14 votes, 42%)
Red dot

Mrs John F Kennedy
(7 votes, 21%)
Red dot

Mrs Woodrow Wilson
(9 votes, 27%)
Red dot

Mrs James Buchanan
(2 votes, 6%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

I was leaning toward Mrs. Buchanan or Mrs. Wilson but I cheated and looked it up ;P

Kingsville, TX(Zone 9b)

I was thinking either Mrs Wilson or Mrs Buchanan, didn't think to look it up, so took a guess, and guessed the wrong one! Oh well, now I know!

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Didn't have a clue on this one! So guessed Wilson, and hit the winner!

Resin

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Live and learn. I thought it was Ladybird, but I was wrong.
Didn't Ladybird Johnson encourage planting wild flowers along the highways and freeways?
I seem to remember something like that from when her husband was the President.
WIB~
SW

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well I was wrong , They all have roses named for them .. I'm beat again ,, oh well .lol

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Yes, SingingWolf , Ladybird was a wildflower advocate and there is even the Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center in Texas, but the Rose Garden was there long before she lived in the White House.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

I finally got one right!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/3473/
Mrs.Lyndon Johnson

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks Melody.

Thank you carrielamont, to the link to the article.

Wow, that was an excellent article, and while I kind of knew about Lady Bird, I had no idea that she and LBJ accomplished so much while he was in office. It's truly inspiring to see what she has made available to the public with her Wildflower Center.

I guess she has influenced me to keep the wildflowers along the roadsides alive. I just didn't give her the credit until now. :-)

WIB~
SW

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I only knew about LBJ before I did that article. I was certainly aware that some highways are nicer than others. My favorite picture is the one of her planting a cherry tree with matchng gloves and pumps!

I certainly never thought of Mrs. Wilson . I don't think of Wilson much without b thinking of WWI. To think he had just lost his wife!

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

I cheated and Googled it. Mrs. Woodrow Wilson (Ellen) it is. It forced me to learn something new which is cool.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

NAN....glad I'm not the only cheater ;P

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Hey, it's not really cheating...it's "Research". And how smart we were to research before answering the question :o)

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Lol...sounds good to me :)

Keaau, HI

Of course, Mrs. Ellen Wilson in 1913.

What were her favorites?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.