I am very impatiently waiting

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

I have been watching these lilies for weeks and weeks. This is how they look today. I venture to guess that hopefully they will open tomorrow. They are right by my front porch so I know the fragrance will be wafting in through the front door bringing me days of awesome heavenly perfume.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

I was right. Look at this beauty, I wish we had a scratch and sniff, you would love it.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

I have been truly blessed. The fragrance from these lilies is overpowering and just drifts through the front door.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

You are so lucky! I should have some next summer. Just have to stay alive till then. This is the first time in several years I will plant a perennial for next year. LOL

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Your life and the lilies and definitely something to look forward to. Your life being top of the list.

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Are those Casa Blanca's?

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

I don't know as I inherited them from the woman that lived here before.

That's a nice little inheritance!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

You bet cha. When we moved into my dear friends home a year ago last September it was an incredible blessing. Her garden was a continuous succession of joy and wonderful surprises. It seemed like every week a new and beautiful flower bloomed. It was like she was saying I'm still here Jan and we can still enjoy being a part of each others lives. For the last two Novembers I keep getting these pictures sent to me on Facebook from her. Yes I know its from her account. They are amazing wonderful photos of some place awesome. This is the one she sent me this year. I said, Loneliest house in the world.
I don't know how it keeps happening but I like it

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

What an amazing story Jan! I would have loved to inherit my Mothers garden when she passed away. Did your dear friend pass or just move away? That photo is incredible too, the whole experience must make you feel loved (I'm sure very deservedly too).

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

My dear friend Linda Johnson, died a year ago March of Ovarian cancer and before she died she asked me to move into her home and take care of it like she would. We were renting at the time and it was a perfect move. We pay her daughter that built a Barn style home next door rent and we have become best friends and I feel like she has become another daughter to me. Her and her husband take such good care of us and treat us like family. This is what they did for us on Thanksgiving. We have been watching a 36" TV and had just grown accustom to it.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Not sure why the image didn't display, let me show you again. Oh well they are displaying. They bought us a 50" Samsung TV. and brought it to us right as we were finishing dinner. So nice

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Finally, it worked. This is what we got. We just have the nicest friends and they are also our landlords. What could be better. We just love them. And just when it turned cold we had to buy stove oil which is what heats this house and they only deliver at a 100 gallons or more. At $3.99 a gallon that makes it about $400. It will last about 2 months or more if we are careful. My friend Michele, paid for half. Its not the money but the thought of what she does for us. She cares more than anything about what we are having to deal with. They are genuine Santa's this year.

Every layer of that story is as beautiful as the next, God bless you all (and by that I mean continue to). Thanks for sharing that personal journey, my heart is sufficiently warmed for the entire season!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

We have been truly blessed this year.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.