FIRST FLOWERS SUMMER!!! Mid Summer Edition

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

FYI in case anyone is interested, here's the link to the discussion about creating an MAF forum on ATP:

http://allthingsplants.com/thread/view/23903/Which-Regional-Forum-for-MD/?offset=20#new_post

To talk about blooms again, here are two from my yard from this morning:

This message was edited Jul 31, 2014 2:04 PM

Thumbnail by CatMint20906 Thumbnail by CatMint20906
Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Ah, thank you!

Those lantana are gorgeous :) I have a bunch of new blooms to take pics of but I've been pretty lazy lately and haven't done so. I went to take pics Tuesday night but got to talking with my neighbor and an hour and a half later it was getting dark....lol Hopefully tonight I'll get somewhere.

thanks, Seq. They are South Beach Compact Bullion and South Beach Compact Coral.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

My parents have perennial lantana in Phoenix and I've seen it once; it's beautiful. I'd have some too but it's just not something I think of when I'm getting annuals in the spring. One annual I have this year that I'm super impressed with is Diascia. It's really spread out and the blooms are quite striking. I'll have to snap a pic of it later. I have perennial Diascia too but it's kind of leggy and I might have to relocate it.

MAF forum on ATP is created. Click on the link below and check it out!!

http://allthingsplants.com/thread/view/27827/Welcome-to-the-Mid-Atlantic-Gardening-forum/#end_of_thread

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

G., did you mean windows 8? my mom can't stand it and wishes she had her old computer. we still have windows 7

Wind, I can't stand Windows 8 either! I'm glad I still have 7. My understanding from the Computer Geeks guys is that even they are not fans, and they are usually quick to embrace new technology.

My brugmansia isn't blooming yet. It's in a half-barrel type of container. Should I be fertilizing more? Please post pictures of your brugs! Gita, is your pink one blooming now?

It's going to be August tomorrow and I'm still waiting for the cannas to bloom! This is so very very late.

(Catmint, I think Seq was asking us to take this discussion to another thread like "Your neck of the woods," since this thread's supposed to be about posting your bloom pictures. We'd gotten way off topic and since Seq is the thread starter, he was trying to get us back on track.)

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

SSG, my brugs started to bloom around late May or early June. The one with yellow flowers is a 'Dr Seuss'. The plant was grown from a cutting last year. The photo was taken on June 19. It is a much bigger plant now.

The pink flower is a 'Xenia'. The camera calendar wasn't set and the time stamp of this photo is wrong, but I think it also started blooming at about the same time as the Dr Seuss.

Are you watering and fertilizing yours? I am only home on weekends, but I do fertilize them every weekend.

Thumbnail by donnerville Thumbnail by donnerville
Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

New Thread time....

Here we go:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1370545/

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Cat---

You seem to have become the "self-appointed leader" in hoping this movement will
actually happen. If YOU want to do the "slow exodus" to ATP--feel free...
Many of us will stay right here....it is home to us.

You use the name "WE" a bit too liberally in your comments. You can only speak
for yourself! I do not think there will be an big "WE" movement to the 'other" site..

You wrote:

, Gita, if WE move, I'd be happy to come in person and give you a one on one tutorial. :-)
"We'd" make it as easy as possible.
I think it's the people who make the MAF here, and "WE" could be the same people on a less clunky website--(HUH???) plus "WE" could be reunited with members who have left us, like JB and Typ. Who is "WE????

You do not even know JB. And--you are making an assumption the Typ has left us....
:WE" will see you at the Swap!

Please be more careful---these assumptions can backfire on you...

Gita

Thanks for your supportive comment, Gita. It is posts like yours which keep me here in this forum. ;-)

This message was edited Aug 2, 2014 7:33 PM

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Note that this thread has moved to: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1370545/

Update time!

1 coreopsis Moonbeam in June.

2. Coreopsis Zagreb in June.

3. Coreopsis Moonbeam now.

4. Coreopsis Zagreb now.

Thumbnail by ssgardener Thumbnail by ssgardener Thumbnail by ssgardener Thumbnail by ssgardener

1 euocomis Sparkling Burgundy. It over wintered in the ground with no protection!

2. I have a love/hate relationship with Russian sage. It's so unruly! The light colored shrub in the background is caryopteris Sunshine Blue which is refusing to bloom this year.

Thumbnail by ssgardener Thumbnail by ssgardener

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.