Tacca plant in bloom

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I was thrilled when the Tacca my mom gave me last month bloomed for me last week. The original pot was 4" and when the first bloom withered I carefully put it in an 8" pot mindful that I was told the Tacca doesn't like being transplanted. The new bloom is even bigger and more complex than the first one AND the plant is also growing bigger by the day. New leaves are sprouting everywhere and it looks like there are two more blooms coming also. I am torn between happiness and concern. I read that the Tacca does not like to be pot bound, but I also read that I shouldn't re-pot when it is in bloom. I have nurtured this plant daily ensuring it is moist but not soggy, gets light but not too much (in my patio in sunny South Florida) and I feed it diluted miracle gro weekly. Do I repot since I can see some roots or wait until it is all bloomed out (might be a long time based on present growth?). Hope all my beginner questions have this much of a happy side!

PS. The picture shows the 8" pot sitting in the new container I had planned on using before I saw the bloom coming and I put my repot on hold.

Thumbnail by Whisper1 Thumbnail by Whisper1 Thumbnail by Whisper1

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.