Share with us what's on your gardening bucket list.

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 51 votes:

Write a gardening book.
(2 votes, 3%)
Red dot

Open a plant nursery
(8 votes, 15%)
Red dot

Overcome fear of critters (which one?)
(1 votes, 1%)
Red dot

Move to a place where I can garden with my favorite plants.
(4 votes, 7%)
Red dot

Visit my most admired garden, which is ___
(1 votes, 1%)
Red dot

Develop a tool/product much needed but that I don't see anywhere.
(2 votes, 3%)
Red dot

Introduce my own hybrid plant
(6 votes, 11%)
Red dot

Meet a gardener, hybridizer or other gardening related personality I have always admired.
(3 votes, 5%)
Red dot

Some or all of the above
(13 votes, 25%)
Red dot

Other (tell us!)
(11 votes, 21%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

I have joined a "crippled" garden club that needs help. I am going to try to get some revitalization in the club.

FU, United States(Zone 9b)

Would love to produce a new colorful Hibiscus Flower :]

Lake Helen, FL

Want to live long enough to eat dates from Palmyra:

Thumbnail by Reynardine Thumbnail by Reynardine
East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

Reynardine, what a gr8 thought. I want to live long to see my citruses and ginkgos be majestic specimens.

Why, am I dying that I need to take care of my bucket list now???

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

Would hv been cool to meet Carl Linnaeus, creators of Sissinghurst, Dr Robert Basye, Griffith Buck and still living Pamela Harper. P, if you see this, won't you invite me to your gardens, I promise I won't touch/step on anything.

This message was edited Jul 1, 2014 4:15 AM

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Everyone here has admirable objectives!

Not me, I'm selfish ~ voted other.

All I want on my bucket list is TIME.

That will cover any and all the bases for me but I don't know how to get it...

Charlotte, VT

I'm going to be moving and I hope to develop a nice garden where I move to.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Introducing my own hybrid might be fun. Moving back to where I can once again grow more succulents outside year around would be great.

New house, Helen? Or new town?

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Other: my bucket list is for a new bucket, that doesn't leak

;-)

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

resin: funny! :)

Robertstown, Australia(Zone 10a)

I voted "Some or all of the above"

I would love to -
Write a gardening book.
Open a plant nursery
Move to a place where I can garden with my favorite plants.
Visit my most admired gardens, which are Kew Gardens & Huntington
Develop a tool/product much needed but that I don't see anywhere.
Introduce my own hybrid plant
Meet as many gardeners, hybridizers and other gardening related personalities as I can.

...and I'm with podster - I want more TIME!

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

I would absolutely love to have my own nursery. It would be so great to offer plants other than the cookie cutter things you see everywhere. The average gardener has no imagination.

It would be either that or have a gardening consulting business for development builders. Since every house in new developments has some combination of the same 5-10 plants. It would be nice to consult with new homeowners on the landscaping of their new home rather than take the crap the builder installs.

South Hamilton, MA

I do some hybridizing of the smaller irises, so I voted for a new introduction. Not enough energy for the other stuff.

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

A greenhouse seems like way too much responsibility and time.

I am in the process of organizing all of my gardening information that I have written and the information I have pulled out of magazines etc. I would like to get that done.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

I want to plant, with ground covers only, a labyrinth in the congregating space in my garden. So that it could be walked as a labyrinth or not, just walked over. I want to see it full-fledged of course!

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

I want to make a Butterfly Education & Exploration Site, to teach people about the benefits of gardening with the butterflies and other pollinators in mind. I figure that if I can catch the imagination of the children while they are young, maybe they will be inspired to make the world, or at least their corner of it, a better place for us all. Maybe it'll inspire some adults too.

While I'm at it, I also want to grow the vanilla bean orchid, and I want to visit every Botanical garden and Butterfly Preserve that I can.

WIB~
SW

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

I will strive [again] to have a successful nursery/growing operation within my lifetime.

edited to add: The importance of this day in my country has inspired my entrepreneurial spirit!!!

This message was edited Jul 4, 2014 4:55 PM

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Other! My bucket isn't a list, looks more like a dump truck and just doesn't have room for wishin! Nor an end to what gets thrown in to play with...

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I HATE those big honkin' stink bugs. I'd like to get over that before I die. I'll try reading and learning about them...

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

My #1 bucket list item probably won't happen until I retire. That is to be able to keep up with all my gardening chores.

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

greenbrain-you get better at getting gardening stuff done-but then you have aches and pains you didn't have earlier. I don't think a gardener is ever "finished"!

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

I want to design and install a Japanese garden in my backyard.

I am currently in the process of making the "wildlife" garden in front more appealing to wildlife, by using native plants.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Very nice manza. I do hope you post photos on the CA forum. My Eldest Son wants to have a Japanese style garden. I'm always looking for ideas.
WIB~
SW

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

guess it would be buying a small house with the perfect piece of land~ya know some places w/ full sun, some full shade and some mixed sun/shade. Some natural rock formations, established trees and a creek. Not askin for much there huh:lol:
I think I'd like it if I had a plot of land large enough and in the right location to do a neighborhood garden co~op with veggies herbs and flowers.

Charlotte, VT

dmac085 you've just written down everyone's dream.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

lol yeah~I'm scared to even think of buying a house...I'm almost positive I'd end up with a shed with a great yard:lol:

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Lol DMAC, you've described the perfect yard!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.