HELP - CATS ARE DYING

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Could someone please HELP me. I started a cat enclosure. I had four when I put them in. Next morning only had three, don't know what happen to it. This morning had three. This afternoon only have two. It look like it exploded. Yellow stuff on bottom of enclosure. Can some one please tell me what is happening. They have food, all they do is eat and poop. Should I put some water in there?? Nothing I've read say anything about water, unless I over looked. Please HELP. Dorothy

Colima, Mexico(Zone 11)

Hello Dorothy...it sounds like something is eating them inspite of the enclosure. I would bring the ones that remain in the house or other place away from where they are...on the fennel? It is normal for caterpillars to leave the host plant when they pupate...do they continue to eat or no? Except for the yellow stuff on the bottom of the enclosure i would say they have wandered off to pupate. If you want to save the remaining ones bring them into the house or other enclosed space and prepare a place for them to pupate and make a chrysalis. If they have had food, they shouldn't need any water, if they are still eating, provide them with food...the food they have been eating.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Thank you. I keep an eye on them. Dorothy

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Take a picture next time you see something strange. More than likely one of us have experienced it. Not that we know but we may can tell you something about what happened.

What kind were they?

If the cats were large, they may have started to make their chrysalis or maybe one did and you missed it. They usually climb as high as they can if it is a butterfly. Moths usually fold leaves over, or go to the ground and make cocoons in the leaf litter or soil.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.