Morning Glories 2014 #07

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1363693

Blue LYK last yr

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blue bloom Jackie, love it!

Thanks Helena, trying to find a seed or 2 of this to plant.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Refresh my memory on what the LYK means? It sure is pretty.

Thanks Debra. LYK is Becky's Lady Yaguruma Kaleidoscope, LYK for short.
It also blooms in lavender instead of blue but I'm partial to the blue.
MY purps from last yr, not blooming yet this yr. Yours are lovely,.

Thumbnail by patootie

I Love the beauty of the purps, but I do have to pull a few volunteers once I see what colors are up, I try to thin down to one plant per color over the yard. If I didn't , I'd have them climbing all the shrubs and flowers too. *sigh*

Gautier, MS

Pretty purps Jackie. I have 2 blooms from 2 different vines this morning. My little red ones are coming up all over the yard too. I can manage my purps in pots a lot better.

Two blooms of purple rayed from same vine.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Those are very pretty!

Love your blooms Helena. The 1st Purple Rayed bloom, pic # 3, is very showy. :-)

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I love the blue purp!!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda, Jackie, and Ronnie. I like that blue purp too. I got my eye on that showy purple rayed too Jackie.

I agree, that one is worth looking at, Helena. Jackie, that blue purp looks almost turquoise and that makes it really special.

Debra, Helena has the blue purp and a beauty it is. :-)

Oh You are right! LOL sorry.. well it is a very special one for sure. SOrry, I was tired from pulling weeds and trimming my sis in laws "landscape" garden. I have pandys blooming, but it is too windy to get good pics.

Gautier, MS

Thanks all. After heavy rains last night I still got some nice blooms from dark DFNM, only the leaves have something not right with them. Still having repeats.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Repeats are still beautiful!

Helena, what is the third one again?

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.

Debra the 3rd bloom is named Theresa. Somewhat similar to milky way but I like the light pink in center.

We don't mind the repeats Helena. Very pretty blooms. Love the delicate
Theresa.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, I'm glad these vines are still going strong. We are getting quite a bit of rain but we need that too. Have too many vines to transplant into bigger pots.

The lens on my phone had my g-sons dirty little prints so my pics didn't come out very good.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

that dark blue is so pretty , and that last one has a beautiful feathery pattern. is there 7 spokes on the middle one?

Gorgeous blooms Helena. Been off line all day.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra and Jackie.

I guess you can say that those are 7 diluted spokes Debra. Second bloom has 8 spokes.

What bloomed today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are beautiful! 8 spokes are really different!

I love the gorgeous Lite Pink # 4. # 5's not bad either. :-)

My 1st bloom yesterday from Debs lovely pink.
Greenhouse floor bloom

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Pretty blooms Jackie. So glad yours are blooming, the greenhouse must be giving just the right warmth.

Those are beautiful! Love the floor bloom! 7 spokes!

Thanks Helena and Linda. Helena its getting over 130 degrees in there.
We've had so much rain here, I;m wading water in the back yard and had to carry most of my plants back to the g house. I moved all my mg's to the carport where I grew a bunch of them last yr.

Cha Cha maru which I can't remember to hand pollinate. I need to restock my sd supply
of this one.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty Chac Cha maru Jackie. I hope eventually it gets pollinated for you Jackie, I'm sure the bees or bumblebees will find them on your carport. I keep crossing my fingers that some of mine get pollinated too. All we need is just a couple of seeds to keep them going but extra is always nice.

Yeah, 130 degrees is a little too hot in the greenhouse. I know how you feel about the rain, I was worried about my seedlings getting too much rain too but they seem ok so far. Its been very humid here too.

Gorgeous Helena. Oh Jackie , I love that blue one and cha cha maru is awesome. Hot here, got some crimson rambler., the speckled striped, purp, lav purp, pink purp and a white with some rose in the middle like one you posted above a couple posts. Blue purp on one side of the door and a dark purple one. Been pulling weeds and sweating like well, you know, the humidity here today made 76 feel like 100. *whew*
I have flying saucers and heavenly blues up from 5 yr old seeds, so they were viable. SOH is vining.

Helena, I hated to return most of my plants to the g house with it so hot in there but I had no choice. They're all waterlogged.
I don't ever remember getting this much rain in June.
Looking forward to your pics Debra.
The humidity has been awful here too the last couple of days.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra. I'm looking forward to your pictures too!

Jackie, it seems like it wants to rain here almost everyday. Looks cloudy but the sun has won so far.

These bloomed today. I've been lazy about transplanting, but look they will bloom in tiny cup when they are ready to.

Those are all beautiful! Love the first one with the speckles.

I have a bloom! :)

Thumbnail by taters55

Love all your blooms Helena. Beautiful bright blue bloom on the end.

Congrats on your pretty pink bloom Linda.

Today I had 2 mg's, Debs pretty pink and Lite Blue Tie Dye which came out too bright,
Also the sweet potato Blackie making pretty mg blooms. Sweet potatoes are also in the Ipomoea genus.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Those are pretty! Love the sweet potato blooms too!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Nice to see your pretty bloom Linda.

I'm happy you are getting pretty blooms too Jackie. I have 2 seedlings of your Lite Blue Tie Dye Jackie, so I'm anxious to see them bloom.

Thanks Linda and Helena. Eager to see your Lite Blue Tie Dye blooms Helena. I want to
see what kind of variation we get from those seeds I collected.:-)

We all go thru a lot of work for a few blooms don't we, Helena?
It is sooo hot and humid everywhere right now..
lovely pink, LK, and I love the blue tie dye, Jackie. I planted some from your seeds and everything is vining like crazy..

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Wow I'm so envious all the blooms are great!!

Hoping to see some of mine in a few weeks. Some have really taken off and others seem to be standing still.

Gautier, MS

Debra, after the hard work it's always nice to be rewarded with beautiful blooms.

Looking forward to your blooms too Ronnie.

This first blooms from the tiny cup.
Not a perfect bloom but love how dark the specks are on the 2nd bloom.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.