OLD, NEW, BORROWED AND BLUE SWAP SIGN UP

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Swaps are such fun and allow us to show our creativity in a specific catagory. Anyone can go wild with one idea, but what if we raise the bar a bit?
Based on part of the bride's poem, "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue..." we created a June swap. Don't panic, this isn't about marriage or brides but a challenge to your creativity.
Each package will have four items, yes only four. One for each piece of the rhyme. I will concede that if you are giving, say a matched set of something, it will be the same as one item. Example: box of tea bags, bag of candy, two matched dish towels, pair of socks (ROFLMAO), etc. Any card you include would not count.
Now for the fun part. Old can be something truly old: antique, me, grandmother's garters, geez where am I going? Something repurposed,a baby from a plant you have had for many years, last year's fruit cake, cookies made from an old recipe which is included, etc.
New is pretty self explanatory isn't it?
Borrowed is one we have cussed and discussed: perhaps something you got from another swap, something that was given to you rather than purchased, something of your neighbor's (Oops here I go again), no nothing illegal please. A compilation of favorite songs, a handed down recipe (with samples), something handmade, etc. We can surely talk about it before we hand out names.
Blue, well there are hundreds of shades of blue and thousands of things that are blue even before you get to sad, jazz, or bluegrass.
Everyone will keep their secret identity secret till packages are posted. Please send me a dmail with your address and contact info when you sign up. If there is something you would like but haven't seen a swap with it offered, now is the time to speak up. No one will listen but you will feel better. LOL Seriously, this is going to be a great chance to really get the creative juices flowing and let our imagination run wild!
We will close sign ups June 24th, get names on the 25th, and hope to have all our packages in the wind by July 10th. $20 limit on boxes, not counting postage please. Everyone get a delivery confirmation number and forward it to me if you wish, but don't post it online. Let's have some fun!!!!!
One important thing, please do not join in if you don't plan on sending a box or cannot send in a reasonable amount of time. It truly isn't fair to send a box and not receive anything in return.

rouxcrew
Bettypauze
Jokenna
careyana
badcat
Cville_Gardener
FruitoftheVine
13Turtles
GardenQuail
froggies_girl
ahoogstra

This message was edited Jun 18, 2014 4:48 PM

Thumbnail by rouxcrew
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Watching!

Victoria Harbour, ON

I'd love to be in this one..
have an idea of what to send already!

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

I had a blast with this one last year! i would love to do it again.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

I Just cannot take on one more this month I'm so sorry
My gardens need me right now . ya all have fun I will watch ya & Druel :)))

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Same here, I think. I have so much going on right now. I did this swap the last time and it is a lot of fun and interesting, If I find I can manage it, I'll be back to sign up.

Thanks guys. This is such a fun swap, usually June is so quiet which was why we originally started it but I truly understand having too much on your plate. Hang around and visit, we always love that.

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Back into the swap happiness I am! Please sign me up! :)

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Sign me up woman! :D

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I think I can do this one. Four items and $20. Gotta be in on it again this year. :)

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Add me too! This one is always a really fun challenge. Thanks for hosing again, Joy.

Oh My Gosh so Happy to see you posting SUSAN WE HAVE MISSED You SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Much .

I don't have the old cell Phone so I Didn't have your Ph #
I often wondered if you was watching over us :)))
good to see ya posting .

just had to take a quick break for a late Lunch so will be back later today .

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Well, I'm still a newbie at the swappin gig, and I'm a second time newbie (yes I know that makes no sense, except it does) at raisin a whole vegetable garden, but I'd like to do this one. I think I will enjoy the mental challenge and witnessing others' brilliance. Thanks!

Turtle

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh, very cool... I haven't missed this swap! I, too, can do swaps again :) Count me in! Michelle

Ocean Springs, MS

Sign me up for this one! I love the theme! Fun! Fun! Fun!

Cutlerville, MI

I would love to join. This is my first swap in a year, so I'm excited!

I am so glad to have you ladies! It is always a great swap an ewe have a great time.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Do you have sheep too!?!

Dang auto correct. Yes "we" do have "ewes".

Thumbnail by rouxcrew
BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Lol god love ya woman. Cute little squirt ;)

Naw, this is cute.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

AWE!!!!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

That's for sure. :-)

DJ'S JULY IRIS SWAP

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1365620/

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I have to start thinking on this one. Hmm, old will be my big challenge!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Mine 'borrowed'

Who gives away something they borrowed. Lol

Go to last years thread, you can get some ideas for borrowed.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1317119/

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Ever borrowed TP? They never ask for it back lol

We have a broad definition of borrowed. When I started on my box last year, I had one item that was three things, old, borrowed, and blue. When I got done, that item had changed designation three times. It actually gave me some flexibility on the other three items.
Music, plants and recipes are the first things that always pop into my mind. I am always impressed at the creativity that pops up in this swap.
You always have such great ideas Betty, I agree with LK if you need inspiration. We have done this twice before and everyone was tickled with what they got.

Victoria Harbour, ON

No doubt I'll be tickled, did participate in last 2 I believe, maybe I will go mossey back through time and see what I came up with.

Ocean Springs, MS

Old? Anyone got any old canning tongs? PLEASE

No tongs here.

like this Julie ? cannot part with mine :) sorry

Thumbnail by deejay9
Ocean Springs, MS

Yes, DJ, that's what I need. Trying to find some in our local stores, but no luck. Going out to look again tomorrow!

Check eBay.

Kerr canning online store these are newer might work just as well also wal-mart might have them in there canning section . also try bed bath & beyond this one was my mom;s

http://www.freshpreserving.com/products/kits.aspx#lifter

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Julie, you might also check local hardware or farm stores. They frequently carry canning supplies.

Ocean Springs, MS

Thank you all! I will be looking!

Went shopping yesterday and found something new and something blue! I'm getting a jump on this one! They are removing the wall today and I'm sure I'll be busy with that for a couple of days!

Love, Julieeee

Julie has the interest tread open for a fairy/miniature garden swap open.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1366066/

Ocean Springs, MS

My house is a mess! :-(

Can't wait to get my name so I can really personalize one of their items! :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.