June Blooms

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Feel free to add your blooms here!!
Scarlet Blaze - blooming in water
Black Eyed Stella - triplets
Paper Butterfly
Endless Heart

This message was edited Jun 4, 2014 8:49 AM

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

That Scarlet Blaze is an eyecatcher! All beautiful blooms.........

Here are a few more blooms from yesterday evening - the rain damaged some of them. The only one I can remember the name at the moment is Lunar Max (the last photo).....

Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026
Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Such beautiful blooms!!

My newest bloom...Russian Rhapsody...first time bloomer for me. :-)

Shauna

Thumbnail by shauna1219 Thumbnail by shauna1219
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

That is a lovely color Shauna

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

TY gen2026!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Genna and Shauna, nice blooms!
Mike

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

Today's new bloom.

Thumbnail by happytail
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Happytail, what's the name of your lovely bloom ?

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

I'm not sure. It was a pass along plant.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I am finally getting some buds at least. Woohoo!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

OK, Mike....... This first photo is one that I have lost the tag on.... Ideas??

The second one is tagged, and I read it..... but now for the life of me I can not remember it! This is a first time bloom for me because it is one that was added last year. The last is another of Lunar Max - one of my favorites...............

Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Beautiful Blooms! I love them all!

Shauna, Does your Russian Rhapsody hold it's color good with Florida sun? I have it and it holds up really good to Ohio full sun. I was wondering if it holds up in the south. I love it! It's a favorite purple of mine. My Russian Rhapsody got spring sickness really bad, not sure what blooms will be like this year.
Genna, I'll let Mike guess that one. It looks like several to me. I would have to check bloom seasons.
I just planted some Lunar Max earlier this week. It's great to see yours blooming now. I hope mine is as pretty as yours.

I have everything but daylilies blooming. Lol
Picture 1 American Classic Rose just planted in May bareroot.
Picture 2 Moonlit Masquerade
Picture 3 dark red noid a favorite early bloomer
Picture 4 Stella de Oro
Picture 5 Asiantic Lily Tango something. Lol

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Taylordaylily, I have that planted in a spot where it gets primarily early morning sun and then is in partial shade for most of the rest of the day. I read that down here in Florida, the darker varieties (reds/purples) need extra shade to maintain those colors. I have planted most of my lighter colored varieties in full sun, and my purples/reds in partial shade.

That being said, the pictures were taken first thing in the morning. It has a few more blooms forming and I will try to take both early morning pics and afternoon pics to see the color change.

Shauna

This message was edited Jun 5, 2014 12:21 PM

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Shauna, Purples and reds do fade in bright sun. I like to test mine out and see who can hold their color. Russian Rhapsody does really good in Ohio. It's a great rebloomer. It'll give you another show later this summer.
You have some great daylilies. I can't wait to see what blooms for you next.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Beautiful blooms TD!! Isn't it awesome when the blooms start bursting forth?? I keep forgetting to tell you that I have buds on that mini daisy!! I couldn't believe it had buds already....... I can't wait to see it bloom!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Meant to say that I LOVE that Lunar Max. I might end up moving it because it is on the far end of my house and I love it so much, I would much rather have it where I can see it when I leave for work and come home.

Wyoming, MN

Still waiting to see scapes here.

Gary

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Genna, Awesome! I was hoping they would bloom for you this year. The Banana Cream will start up as those fade. Crazy Daisy should start up while Banana Cream is blooming.

I really like Lunar Max too. I can't wait to see it bloom.

Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Genna, the first one look familiar, the second one doesn't. I am sure someone like TD can help on this. TD stop holding back.
All in all things are looking great based on the pics above. Keep it up. I had one ffo on Macbeth this morning. I will post the pic this week end.

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

This early bird is blooming with the iris, before the peonies. It's always been our earliest daylily. Last fall I moved it to a sunnier area, and now it's just ridiculous!

Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Good morning all. As I promised I am posting as picture of 'CUTTING LOOSE' are you sitting down? This is actually the second flower and supposed to be a purple mix. He said it was not purple, or lavender or blue but a mix. Mine is not Pink, or Burgundy or Violet but a mix. LOL. Where is the white edge? Mine looks more gold? Let me know what you think and I will post more June blooms later after work.

susan

Thumbnail by virginiarose
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Pam, You gotta love the bud builders. :)

Susan, It doesn't look white to me either. Maybe it's one of those daylilies that takes a few ugly blooms to get going. I hope it gets a lot better for you.

It's just too funny. Our other early, which may or may not be flava, is nowhere near ready.

Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Nice Pam...... Is that phlox blooming in the background? My phlox is no where close to blooming but my DLs are blooming like crazy. Had heavy rains last night - lots of blooms this morning but they all looked rough.

Susan.... sorry, i don't know what it is SUPPOSED to look like......... hope it looks closer to what you expected soon!

Blooming in the background is Dame Rocket, or Hesperis matronalis, which is a wild field flower. I love it, let it bloom wherever it happens to be, then pull it out wherever it's in the way. Some of the plants return, most are self-sown volunteers.

(Becky), Lipan, TX(Zone 7b)

Hi all :)

Never posted here before, but here is my first daylily, a NOID that my pro gardener buddy thought would be orange (my least favorite bloom color) and turned out to be red (my favorite bloom color).. Sweet! Hope to ID it, leaning toward 'crimson pirate', but no cookie on that one yet LOL! Either way, isn't she pretty? I'm a proud mama :D

Thumbnail by StillPlaysWDirt Thumbnail by StillPlaysWDirt
Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Wineberry Candy

Orange Vols

Thumbnail by shauna1219 Thumbnail by shauna1219
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Nice blooms everyone. Becky your noid does look like CP to me.
Macbeth
Endless Heart
Scarlet Blaze -- finally in the ground.
Noid - from Walmart awhile back. Bought as something else. Glad I grew up fast!!!
Black Eyed Stella with Lady's Mantle

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Becky beautiful bloom! Glad you joined us here!!

They are all so beautiful! Mike that Scarlet Blaze is something!

These are a few of what I had blooming yesterday afternoon....
1. Zinfandel
2. Nordic Night
3. Apache Beacon
4. NOID for now.... I am hoping there is a tag underneath - but I am not planning to disturb it until it is finished blooming.

Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

There are some I had blooming yesterday.......

1. Bama Belle
2. Chicago Cherry
3. Cochineal Canvas
4. Forever Island
5. Genevieve Barry

Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

1. Hamlet
2. Lunar Max
3. Midnight Raider - sorry I couldn't get a good shot, but it was gorgeous...
4. Wondering Wings
5. Buttered Popcorn

Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

1. Apache Beacon
2. Space Coast ? - I can't remember the name....maybe Hot Topic?
3. The tag is covered up on this one - I am going to have to do some digging to ID it.
4. Kent's Favorite Two

Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

No blooms here yet except Stella and Happy Returns. Did not use the space to take pictures of those because everyone knows what they look like.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Hem just do it!!! crappy being behind on the growing season and looking at everyone elses blooms! Post away woman!!! :) Makes ya feel better ill post pics of my ditchlilies ;)

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Well how about a couple of Siberian Iris and a tall bearded iris BLACK IS BLACK

Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady
BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Hem Beautiful! Love the BLACK IS BLACK!

Love seeing everyones blooms ladies :D Mike I guess yours are ok too LOL

Tons of scapes here, no blooms yet. I keep eyeballing Tal for a scape, none yet lol.

Thumbnail by badcat Thumbnail by badcat Thumbnail by badcat
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Well, I'm finally getting some blooms and more buds. Of course, the ditch lilies are still going strong.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Beautiful Blooms!

I have some blooms today!
Picture 1 Itsy Bitsy Spider
Picture 2 Wild Wookie
Picture 3 Rosie Meyer

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Oops, the photos didn't load, taylordl.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

TD the blooms are beautiful?!?! Wheres the pics woman? ;)

CV is the last a ditchlily? Pretty!

Iv got a Hemdilemma! So I bought a DL at Lowes and it bloomed this morn :) Dare to Love

Thumbnail by badcat

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.