Vignettes in my May garden

Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

I am having more success with small choices than with the 'big picture' decisions. Here are a few that are working for me.

#1 Aurinia saxatilis 'Dudley Neville' and Pansies.
#2 Geum ?Mango Lassi?, Geranium x magnificum
#3 Sedum kamtschaticum 'variegatum', Lambs ears, and G. magnificum
#4 Peony 'Bartzella' and Ceanothus 'Victoria' (Bart is yellower in real life)
#5 Saxifrage, encrusted type, I can't recall species.

Let's see yours?

Thumbnail by Pistil Thumbnail by Pistil Thumbnail by Pistil Thumbnail by Pistil Thumbnail by Pistil
Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Love that geum and geranium, orange and blue combination. Also, the peony is gorgeous! You have a lot of interesting plants.
I don't have any current pictures. I'll have to get out and take some. Several areas of my garden took a hit this last winter, especially fuchsias that were supposed to be hardy. Therefore one of my favorite color combos is not to be this year. Here is a pic from last year (though not May...I think it was taken in summer). Fuchsia Debron's Black Cherry and a yellow sage.

Thumbnail by mauryhillfarm
Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

I see why that is a favorite of yours. Really nice!

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Not exactly a color combination between different plants, but I love this iris. I got it at an iris sale at Snowpeak Iris. It is called Prague if memory serves.

Thumbnail by mauryhillfarm
Camano Island, WA(Zone 8a)

Mauryhillfarm, your one plant is a combination all by itself. Beautiful!

This combo is geum "Tangerine," I think, with a salvia. My DH just made that gate/arbor in the background; I'm really pleased. And the purple bird on the gate adds a touch of class. ;-)

Thumbnail by momlady

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.