Already??!!

Little Falls, NJ(Zone 6a)

I just cut a bunch of foliage off my sungold. In the topsy turvy. What is this and how do I stop it!!! I got all of it off and the plant still has plenty of fresh clean stuff....

Thumbnail by Junebugged
Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

It looks as Early blight
Try to keep the area free of drying leaves of any kind, cleaning away any debris is good sanitation, the best control as the fungus overwinters on leaf debris. Do not plant tomatoes in the same place next year. Space plants farther apart to improve air circulation. Avoid overhead irrigation, take away any infected leave and a sulfur dust may help protect new leaves from infection.

Salem, NY(Zone 4b)

And it looks more like Septoria Leaf Spot to me. but both Early Blight and the latter are very common fungal foliage diseases.

Do you have just the one tomato plant? And if so where iis it hanging as in totally exposed to the outside or somewhat sheltered?

If just one plant I don't think it's worth it to discuss any anti=fungals, unless you want to. Just take off the affected leaves and dispose of them.

Both of those fungal diseases are spread via wind and also embedded in raindrops.

Carolyn

Little Falls, NJ(Zone 6a)

That's the only one that has it so far. It's hanging off the left corner of the deck away from the house in a topsy turvy. On the deck but against the house are 4 more tomato plants in ebucket and an earthbox and on the same side but against the house is another topsy turvy. So there are other tomato plants... But that's the farthest one from the rest. It's been outside all of two weeks, but that last few days have been rain rain rain.

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

i would be willing to bet that the rain definitely contributed. last year our spring was like that--couldnt get rid of the rain, and my tomatoes suffered badly for it--split fruits, leaf spot, the whole 9 yards. This year seems to be the opposite--couldnt get rain if your life depended on it!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.