Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1357619

Sunrise Mixed bloom

Thumbnail by patootie

Lite blue Tie Dye from last yr

Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms to start the new thread with!

Thanks Linda

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I agree.. tonight I transplanted all the babies from Ronnie. Tomorrow I will do a Jackie area, and a Helen area. I am going to have a great day off. I planted some of these...

xenostegia tridentata
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/119867/ no pics there yet, but you can google it.

and some of these
Akebia Quinata

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Akebia_quinata_leaf.jpg

can't wait to see what makes it up.. I have had some really beautiful blooms on my Carribia Rose, the climber My Angel Face, and the dwarf yellow bush rose .. the red wild climbers out front are all open with the honey suckle. The columbines are still a going, even the iris are still up. The virgina bluebells were exquisite this year. I have transplanted all the salvias, brugmansias, and various other tropical s and new perennials from seed. Silently, I have been gardening, but I sure don't talk about it much around work or family as they are all tired of hearing about it. Besides, I am about to have a new Grandbaby and that is that.

This message was edited May 18, 2014 8:14 AM

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful blooms Debra. Glad you have managed to get a lot of your gardening done.

Deb, your Xenostegia link is an Akebia link, rather than for Xenostegia .

Congrats on your upcoming grandbaby. Great news!!

Morning Jackie, I edited it.. I guess I will be the first to upload pics for this morning glory then.. otherwise known as African Morning Vine..

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie, I love that baby blue color on your mg.

Debra, Love your roses! I'll have to look for that Carribia rose. Like your columbine blooms too.
Congrats on your grandbaby news.

A few of my mg blooms for this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are beautiful blooms everyone!

Debra, looking forward to your Xenostegia pics. Will google for it soon.

Absolutely gorgeous mg show you're putting on for us Helena. I hope you get tons of seeds. :-)

Thanks everyone, Helena what is the second bloom? Be still my heart ;)

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Debra, that 2nd bloom is one I call "my blue-purple tie dye". I have two vines growing so I'm sure there will be seeds to share.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Great blooms I am seeing here!!

Helena your "blue-purple tie dye" is stunning!

The weather here in PA has been crazy, rainy and cool cool cool! I still have my MG seedlings inside, hoping by the end of the month they will be potted up.

Debra will you know if your having a grand girl or boy?

We are having a baby girl, but she won't get named until she is born they said. *sigh*
I never saw so much PINK in this girls house in her whole life, as I do now. This is a daughter who hated the color pink. LOL

Gautier, MS

Thanks Ronnie.

Just repeats this morning. Has been kind of cool here too.
First picture is Jackie's Saz, there is no blue on it, why the camera does that?

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Repeats are fine with me. Hope I get some blooms soon!

Love those blooms Helena. My camera sometimes can't tell the difference in blue and purple either. I've got lavender Saz going, looking for my blue Saz seeds to plant. Your Saz is especially beautiful this morning.
A few Saz pics from 2010. Blue and Lav and Weird Saz in purple

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are beautiful!

Susie has the 2014 JUNE PLANT SWAP open.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1360991/

Gautier, MS

Beautiful Saz pictures Jackie from your blooms.

This morning I could see the large lavender Saz bloom from my kitchen window.(first bloom posted).

Gautier, MS

And here are some more blooms from today.

Beautiful blooms Helena.

OH MY! Look at all those beauties! Love everyone of them.

Helena, you are making my day. They are all loverly eye candies. Jackies Saz'z were great then and I am sure will be great this year as well.

All your blooms are so pretty Helena that it would be impossible to pick a favorite.
Your Saz's are beautiful but so are all your others.
Very few of the mg's I planted outside are up, maybe just the cool weather.
I hope I get a couple of nice Saz's Debra. Off to a slow start this yr.

same here Jackie, we didn't have a SPring, we are slammed into summer, I have lots of vines going.. Suddenly.

Deb I don't have the sheer number of mg vines going that I usually have by this time
each yr. I hope to start another 10 to 20 every 2 weeks so I can have something to look forward to. Glad your vines are taking off.

This message was edited May 21, 2014 1:59 PM

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

More blooms, this purpurea is called Teresa.
Karen Burch's Duskie x Fujishibori with light lavender specks.

Those are beautiful!

Beautiful display this am.

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

I have several different varieties growing, but only seem to get blooms from this one.

Thumbnail by shauna1219

That is a beauty!

Great blooms Helena. The 3rd one is gorgeous!!!

Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

Hi everyone, been offline for a while, and just catching up on posts. Beautiful flowers all around :-) This was my only bloom today, its youjrio something (the tag got smudged) Seeds I got from Jackie. I've never seen an mg with that shape before, one of my new favorites for sure. Thanks again Jackie :-)

Thumbnail by batflower

Wow! That is different, and beautiful.

Thanks for sending the pic Batflower. Not sure which one it is but its a beauty.

Gautier, MS

Morning everyone, sunny and warm here with lots of blooms.

First one is Blue rayed from Azuremore, Pink Porcelain blzd, my purple tie dye, Black King Keiru x dfnm.

Gautier, MS

More repeats. Jackies Saz is even prettier today.

WOW! Those are beautiful!

Gorgeous Saz Helena and Pink Porcelain Blizzard.
Love your Blue Rayed out of Azuremore.

One of the bottle trees I grew from seed. Would be much larger if I had potted it up as needed.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I'm not familiar with the bottle trees Jackie, has nice leaves though.

A few mg's but mostly repeats. I am enjoying seeing them blooming. Started more yesterday, getting ready to place them in their own little cups.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.