PLAND and Trade Thread for RU 2014

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Funny! We've been chatting about that just this morning! LOL!

Columbus, OH

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1884/ Karen, this is the vine I gave you. There are some negatives because it's invasive in the South, but it is not invasive here. If you grow it in a container (it would need to be a large one), you can let it go dormant and overwinter it indoors. You can also just dig up the root and pack it in barely moist sphagnum, store it in the frig till next year.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

OH NO it's going to take over S/W Ohio! LOL!
Yep it's barely hardy in mid GA so fine here.
Pretty!

We planted the Shooting Star Dianthus and Snow Hill Salvia up in the front beds.
Dianthus in a Container and Grounded.
Found out our Black and Blue Salvia did indeed come back, as did all our Butterfly Bushes and a Corkscrew Willow!

Columbus, OH

Wow, B&B salvia never overwinters for me, even in the very favorable microclimate on the south side of my house.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Celene, Thanks for the link. It's a beautiful vine. I planted it on the west side of my pond. It will give my fish afternoon shade. I'll dig and store it for winter.
My son loved your cherry cheesecake.

Ric, lol What is your secret to overwintering B&B salvia?
I think, lost my Black Night Butterfly bush. It's not showing any green at all. My other 5 are doing great. I didn't think you could kill a butterfly bush. Turns out, I can. Lol

Columbus, OH

I've lost butterfly bushes occasionally, they're only kinda hardy here. I've lost a variegated one and Black Knight before. I try to mulch them heavily and site them carefully, but no matter what, sometimes one of them just croaks.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I had never lost a butterfly bush before this year. It's not really a problem, I have plants standing in line to fill it's space. :) I'm not sure who will get the honor. Lol

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Someone told me the other day that the butterfly bushes might not come out till July with the winter we had. I've got a seedling, not sure who it will be!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

All of mine are showing signs of life except Black Knight. It'll be fun to see what color your seedling is. I like a little mystery in the garden.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I've already given it to Sherry. She just has to come dig it! She'll let me know what it turns out to be.

Got my tomato plants in the ground and they look happy. Thanks for your generosity, Rebecca!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

My tomato plants are looking happy also. I bought them some cages today. :)

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Anderson's Garden Tour is Sunday..... we're definitely going back to the giant Mantis yard.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

That was fun!!

Columbus, OH

I should have brought more tomato plants, I have more left than I need!

Heading to Athens this weekend for Companion Plants and Glasshouse Works! It's been a terrible week at work, and time for retail therapy. Compassion fatigue is starting to hit me, I can tell because I start having nightmares.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Donate some extras to a food pantry or Boys Club.

Sorry, to hear you had such a rough week. I hope this weekend is peaceful and relaxing for you.

Columbus, OH

So far, so good. Plant shopping helped, now the planting begins...

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Planting can be great therapy. :) I hope this week is better for you!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I got my mater plants in the ground, Rebecca, they look great! They were really happy with the inch and a quarter of rain we got last night!

Columbus, OH

Glad they transplanted well. We got almost no rain, I'm kinda hoping for some.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.