7th ANNUAL RED, WHITE and BLUE SWAP!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Marion, I just went to Facebook, and I don't see pictures of the show?

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

They should be on my homepage.

I see them now!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mothers out there! Hope your pampered today.

Heavenscape, That's a great idea! This is going to be a fun swap. I'm looking forward to shopping tomorrow for some Red, White and Blue goodies.

Marion, Even Furry Mothers should have a good Mothers Day. lol Thanks for the giggle. :)

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Add me please

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Welcome back to the swap, Patti!!
Happy to add your name :)

Marion, you're not too far from the truth. Furry mother here, since my clothes wear a layer of the kids' fur.. you can say I bought enough supply of lint rollers!!

Since Kel worked yesterday, there wasn't any special 'pampering' Karen.
Today, he'd be treating me to a Mexican dinner and Lowe's afterwards.
A DGer, Synda, had posted a pic of Bridal Wreath on my Facebook page, and he had liked it. So, I posted if that meant he'd get one and plant it for me. He 'liked' it again!! Holding him to his promise! Lol!!

Hope you can find it Jaye!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Me too LK!! It's very rarely he likes a certain plant!

I love bridal wreath. I would think it wouldn't be very hard to find.....need to add one to this yard but will have to wait.

We had Mexican last night and it was soooooooooooo good.

Trying to get things in some kind of order here. Need to go back south for one ..read that 1 only...week. Then it will be awhile before another trip.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Jaye, Sounds like pampering today. A promise is a promise. Lol Good Luck! Have fun at Lowe's!

I'm headed out shopping!

Victoria Harbour, ON

You will love it Jaye, I have them around one of the ponds, I find though their bloom don't last long!

I broke down and bought 2 more goats beard so that I have white to blend in just after wedding wreath dies off

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Stick to that one week, Marion, unless bad weather prevent you from driving! We are lucky to now have 2 great authentic Mexican restaurants.
Carnitas for me, and I know Kel will be choosing a fajita with Chilli Relleno on the side!!

Betty I'll try look for some Goats Beard. Never heard of that, so I googled it.
The only difference is Bridal Wreath cascade while GB looks up!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Wahoo! I do not have to go south this week!!! Sue is doing okay and wants to try it longer; told me to stay home and get some of the things done that have fallen behind. Great sign!

Jaye, we have yet another new Mexican restaurant here...Cinco de Mayo and oh my it is fantastic. You and Kel need to plan a trip down this way. With Kim's fondness for Carnitas and Kel and I just being fond of food in general.....just think of the trouble we could get into. :-0

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Marion, That's great news. I am so proud of Sue, and happy for you. Enjoy your vacation.
Edited to say I wanna come too. I love food.

This message was edited May 12, 2014 12:17 PM

Well the dungeon is on the final countdown...so back door will be open. Front for guest...family use back.

YEAH! Marion that is great news!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I'll be knocking soon!

Jaye,,, I sure did want to join this year,,,, however my poor Mooch ended up at the vet today and it cost me all my extra money for this month to make sure he is ok. He got a real bad eye infection and we are hopefully that he will not loose the site in both eyes. It might be just an allergy, the vet says to keep him in that house until his eyes heal. He cannot even open them from the pain right now. That is going to be rough as he is a pure outdoor dog,, but we will hope for the best,,, I will sit on the sidelines and cheer everyone on!

Thumbnail by
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Sorry to hear about your dog Kris. Hope he gets better soon.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Awwww so sorry Kris, hoping for a quick recovery Poor Pooch.

Poor Mooch! Hope he feels better soon.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks Jaye for adding me to your swap.

Kris , I hope your dog feels better soon. I hate it when one of my furry babies are ill too.
Sending your dog prayers.
Patti

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Elfie, Poor Mooch! I'll say some prayers for his eye's to get better. He's a cutie!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Understandable Kris, take care of your family first. We all know how vet costs are almost as similar as to human doc charges. Mooch will adjust to being indoors and I bet you, he'd be loving it too.

You've been patient enough for Charles to get the dungeon finished! Do we need to bring our own pirogues to cross that moat, Marion?
Prayers answered for Sue for getting some confidence back.. that's a big AMEN!

My local Lowe's and 2 other nurseries don't have Bridal Bouquet, nor Goats' Beard. BUT I managed to score a NOID hydrangea for 5 bucks.. regularly sold for 16! It was just gangly, but full of blooms, and on the sales rack.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Jayne, Don't you just love the clearance rack ay Lowe's? I check it every time I go there. ;)

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Oh yes Karen! The racks are the first I'll check out. Unfortunately, I can't bring them all home!
I got a sassafras tree for only seven bucks a few years back. Nothing that water can't revive!

Wish we had a Lowes closer than San Antonio. We have Home Depot here, and they do not discount plants at all. If the start to wilt from neglect they go to the garbage, no sales and your not allowed to dumpster dive for them! Pretty sad!

Victoria Harbour, ON

About 6 years ago our Canadian tire store had closed their garden centre, all plants/trees removed, there on a slab was a little shrub that was dry and wilted, asked the clerk why it remained and she said she hadn't taken time to throw it away, I asked for it, over the years it's become one of my best looking shrubs

Little tender loving care

Sorry jaye you couldn't fing either, could you order one in?

Looked at mine last night, won't be long it will have blooms

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Elfie, bless your little doggie's heart. It's always so hard when they are sick or injured because they can't speak for themselves. I'm praying he'll be just fine ... and quickly.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning

Kris, sorry to hear about your furry ..let's hope the trip to the vets does the trick!

This message was edited May 13, 2014 5:15 AM

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I loved the old spirea I had many years ago. Used to go round and round with hubby because he wanted to trim it and I loved it's fountain shape. Finally told him if he did it again I was going to do some trimming on him...he left it alone.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

The Home Depot here carries the same policy LK. Condemn the plants and no dumpster diving.
One Lowe's at Myrtle Beach does it too, while the other 2 are just like the one closeby. I guess it depends on the manager. There's one garden manager at one Lowe's, when she sees me would grab my arm and tell me which plants she's about to put up on the sales rack and for me to wait. Started my daylily collection with that.

Yes Betty, I may be able to order them online. In the meantime, Kel's happy that I rescued only one plant! Lol!

Karen, you're funny. I bet you're serious with your threats!
Each year, when Kel decide to mow.. he would sacrifice a plant to the garden gods.. ;(

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

That must be a company policy for Home Depot. They are the same way here. It's such a shame so many plant lives are snuffed out due to their policy.
The Lowe's here has a clearance rack area. It's great, you can get really good deals. If you can find out when your Lowe's gets their truck delivery you can really save. They put plants on the clearance rack before they even look bad to make room for the new shipment.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks for that great tip, Karen.

Here's the five dollar hydrangea.

Thumbnail by heavenscape
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Beautiful! That's a great deal! Your going to be a proud mama as it grows up. :) I love Hydrangea's! They make great cut flowers.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

All I know Jaye is he never trimmed it again, so he at least believed me. LOL

My hummingbirds showed up today. I had a feeling and put out the feeders yesterday.

WLs are tossing around that nasty "S" word again.

This message was edited May 13, 2014 9:15 PM

Jaye,, I got 2 $5.00 hydrangeas too!! Mine be pink!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Elfie feed them Miracid by Miracle Grow. they will then bloom blue as they are supposed to. Unless of course you want them pink, then never mind. LOL

This message was edited May 13, 2014 11:55 PM

Amanda has the mug swap open, come and check it out!

2014 Annual Mug Swap
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1360326/

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Or Kris, you can add a rusty nail before planting. I did it with my Nikko Blue, and it remained a vibrant blue for years. An old neigbour told me to do so.
I don't have a pink hydrangea. Somehow I'm drawn to the blues, Karen.

Snow is prohibited from making a late appearance anywhere :(

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.