7th ANNUAL RED, WHITE and BLUE SWAP!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Welcome to the 7th annual, Red, White and Blue Swap!

Can't believe this will be our SEVENTH year honoring this great country of ours! Beloved, USA!! USA!! USA!!
This will bring the fun to our own 4th of July celebration, or just to show our patriotism year round in our home or garden. We can never have enough right?
Putting aside all our political differences, you can't deny how great this country this. I've seen some parts of the world, and I can testify that,nothing like good ole USA to come home to.

This swap is themed on the colours, red, white and blue.
You can send any ornaments or crafts that include these three colours .
Or you may send 3 items with each having a single colour, but your 3 items must add up to the colors of our proud flag!

I'm sorry, this year, I won't recommend plants to be included, as the erratic temps/heat in southern states cannot ensure the survival of the plants.

I'm gathering names right now. Last day for adding names will be end of May or earlier, depending on interest.

Let's promote our love for USA..
TEAM USA, TEAM USA!!

■■►Work around $22 on your gift. That darn inflation sticker you know!
■■►Journey to your post office will begin on June 9th.
■■►Can't stress enough that you purchase delivery confirmation if not using priority mail.
■■►Picture sharing is expected.
■■►As an added precaution, just in case your buddy's camera isn't working, try to take pics of your surprise before packing.

This year, our venerable Taters55 (Linda) has graciously agreed to be the co hostess. She will host the parade of patriotic gifts once names are given out.

GOD BLESS USA!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Patriots:
Bettypauze
Jordankittyjo
Taters55
Lizrainey
JSXTIGER
Abbisgranma
Siliolegma
CvilleGardener
Happgarden
BarefootT
Taylordaylily
Seedtosser1
CheerMom
Rose318
Jokenna
Badcat
Heavenscape
Samigal *VIP*

This message was edited May 15, 2014 2:24 PM

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Can always late me play?

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Of course Marion!! Thank YOU!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Me Me Me I wanna play.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Welcome aboard Karen!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Ohhh ohhh I'm on the list

Absolutely love this swap' did I ever say in a previous life I must have been a native of Louisiana, a true blue blooded American native...sure of it lol

Thanks Jaye for adding me in..swap gift n the works

Actually, been just working out on back deck, hung both red/white/blue stained glass pieces and now hanging my USA patriotic stars and metal art piece so I'm all set , hmmm best I go search for something Canadian, kids always asking me why Usa secor and not Canada..ooops

Thank you dear, kind, sweet lady for letting "always late me" join the swap!!! Been collecting things all year!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Add me, please. :)

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

(...heaven knows, i write my name in me sleep, obviously!!!!) oh, there ya beez, heaven, Thank you!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Betty, I've been saying if ever I won the lottery... I want to move back to Cajun country! I consider that home having lived there more than a quarter century.
Of course you got to do something Canadian. Don't want your family to call you a traitor!

Marion, we all understand what you're facing! When we think we can work according to schedule, something or someone will throw a wrench!!

Thank you for joining Carole! I'm sure you have started on your box!

Jax, now you can sleep easy and quit appearing in my dreams to write your name down. Hehehe!!

I hope all the wrenches have been thrown into my life that can be!!! I am more than ready to settle down to a dull, boring quiet life.....doing nothing more than working in my yard; sewing; playing with my GDs and what ever strikes me to do..safe and legal. :-)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Well, now that you mention it, Jaye. :-D)))

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

waving my red white and blue I wanna join.

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

ME ME ME miss Jaye....^_^

Wearing a Red, White, and Blue shirt as I type this....Friday, always wear red. (support your troops) red T shirt, with a beautiful USA done in a flag-ish RWB...

I can sew something ?? right ???

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Marion, it's time gold coins are thrown at you!! Wouldn't that be nice to indulge in swanky furniture for your dungeon?

Welcome Joyce!

Yay Thunder, proud Mama of 3 sons who all serve our country! Of course your skills at sewing will be appreciated by anyone of us.

Errr...........Carole, you're always one of the early senders in a swap. As Dr. Phil is fond of saying, "The best predictor of future behavior is … past behavior." There you are!!

This message was edited May 9, 2014 8:21 PM

Dang I will have to try to make Dr. Phil wrong...LOL but he is probably right.

Pacifica, CA

oh yaaaay!!!! and 1/2 way packed lol

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I am here!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Joyce, sometimes S**T happens!!! Even Dr. Phil will agree to that! Lol!!

LK, thank you for co hosting!

I would like to tell any newbies here that our Lizrainey has her box prepared a year ago!!

No problem Jaye! I enjoy this swap, and am glad to help out!
Ladies, if you don't have your items now, start collecting them as your out shopping, so you will be ready to mail your packages!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

see's I have a twin sighning me up. well as my patiotic duty, I will participate.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Would love to join this swap! Please!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Sis Kathy, is your twin Rita?? Hmmm... yep, she did for she knew how busy and forgetful you be!

Taylordaylily, welcome!!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I am thinking whether to join this or not. I am more interested in plants . I don't think anyone should have to worry about the heat or cold if they will arrange to either get their mail as soon as it arrives or to ask the PO to hold it for pick up. Certainly sitting in hot sun for several hours after delivery is likely to undo plants, especially in Alabama July, but also sitting out in freezing weather will do the same. The problem is not with the PO but with what happens after the package is delivered.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Crystal, I'm so sorry.
I just started this year, not wanting anyone to risk recieving mushy or cooked plants. You're right, a 'live' box demands immediate attention once delivered. Still, things do happen beyond our control.
Some swappers have included packets of seeds along with their non perishables.
DG is never short of plant swaps. Right now, there's Raise My Baby and Deejay9 (Susie) May Plant Swap. Certain that she'd host June's plant swap.
Susie had also hosted a Red White and Blue Plant Swap one year. Maybe she'll do it again.

Hope you'd consider joining in the fun.

Victoria Harbour, ON

And here I thought I might be ahead of lizrainey. Lol

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

They young ones are catching up on you, Betty!! Lol!!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks! I can't wait to start shopping for this one. :) I love our Red, White and Blue!

Seems like in the past we sent plants on red white & blue before. Seems like I sent blue cadet hosta and stuff.

Plants were sent in the past, we are just worried about it being so hot, especially for us down south.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Yes we had, Joyce. This year, is the beginning of a non plant RWB. Just want to avoid disappointments. That's why I posted that in italics in the opening notes. Hope this doesn't stop anyone from participating.

Happy Mother's Day everyone. May you be celebrated in style.
It will be a hot and quiet one for me. Don't know what surprise the kitties have in store for me!! Lol.. perhaps a caterwauling show of appreciation!

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Karen, the good thing about this swap is you can keep on collecting even after this is over, be ready for the next year.
Just like LK's Frog Swap!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Happy M others DAY

Glenview, IL

Happy Mothers day!

Oh just noticed.sign up hope iHavent missed sign up??
Yikes hope I'm not too late. Please add me Sistah!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Can I join please? Things will have settled down for a while after next Friday when DD graduates college and I just love the good ol' USA!

Sue G

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Oh so glad you can join again, Sistah Judy. I know you've been having too much on your plate lately. Hope things have settled a tad :D

Thanks for joining Sue. A place to share our love for USA!

Glad to see everyone signing up!

Happy Mothers day everyone!

Thumbnail by taters55
Victoria Harbour, ON

Happy Mothers Day to all

Adding my wishes for a Happy Mother's Day..even mothers of furry babies! Almost said "furry mothers"...would be a huge OOPS!

What a night seeing Peter Pan, Jr. last night. Posted pictures (actually Kim did as my camera died) of the girls on FB. Had trouble getting a picture of Abbi in her croc costume. CB II did her own makeup complete with tattoos.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.