Apricot coloured rose cultivar

Waihi, New Zealand(Zone 1)

Apricot coloured rose cultivar ID, please

Thumbnail by RosinaBloom Thumbnail by RosinaBloom Thumbnail by RosinaBloom
Richmond, TX

It would help to have more information: thorns, bloom cycles, when/where bought, fragrance,
and anything else you know about it.

English Rose, Austin Rose 'Grace'
Beautiful, shallow cupped, fragrant blooms forming a perfect rosette of deep apricot blending to a lighter shade at the edge; repeats well. Branching habit with mid-green foliage. Ht: 120cms.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/image.php?pid=52167

Novato, CA

Rosina, in your list post are you saying that you found out it is "Grace" or was that just info. There are not pictures on the site you listed for her on dave's garden. So maybe if someone has one they could up load it for the rest of us. I compared it to the images on google for "Grace" and I think that "Grace" is a tighter more Old Heirloom English rose. I have a "Just Joey" and it appears very much like "Just Joey" but I don't think I have had as many blooms on my "Just Joey"
It is a magnificent rose. It is always so difficult when you are trying to identify a rose from pictures.

I have another apricot. that I am trying to identify.. Good luck. Will keep following to find out if someone knows and if their is a picture of "Grace" put up on Dave's Garden.

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

OK, I'm not very good at ID'ing roses; however, since lelamarie asked for photos of Grace I thought I would post some. Grace is one of my favorites and I have several. Here are three of the first photos I could find. Grace is a bit variable, but I like that in a rose. I know I have photos of the whole bush somewhere, but I'm at work so I just grabbed the first few I found.

If forced to put in my two cents worth, I would have to say that my several Graces exhibit a bit of a pointy petal and the rose in the above photos posted by RosinaBloom do not demonstrate that trait. I think that rose has a more "ruffly" edge than my Grace. But, as I said, I am not good at this.

This message was edited Jun 5, 2014 12:24 PM

Thumbnail by terri_emory Thumbnail by terri_emory Thumbnail by terri_emory
Richmond, TX

I'm not good at rose ID either but I do love the color of these roses. I hope someone is able to give the mystery rose a name.

Thank you, All for your contributions.

kniphofia's photo here looks very much like the rose in my #3 photo - or perhaps he is wrong as well? That is why I thought that my friend's rose was called 'Grace', as well as googling other images.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/253049/

Roses vary so much from rose to rose, zone to zone, country to country, and season to season, so how on earth can one accurately ID a rose?

[quote="porkpal"]It would help to have more information: thorns, bloom cycles, when/where bought, fragrance,
and anything else you know about it.[/quote

#1 photo shows few thorns.
Flowering in Mid November.
Insignificant fragrance.
Bought from a garden centre here in NZ

Thank you, all...
Will 'Solve' for now until an accurate ID comes along.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.