FIRST FLOWERS OF SPRING!!! Mid Spring Edition

Parkville, MD(Zone 7b)

Seq, here you go. Thanks, the patio needs to be reset with new mortar. This year it looks like the stones are actually set with weeds for mortar.

Thumbnail by typwc
Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Where is the pansy, I still don't see it....LOL j/k :P

Parkville, MD(Zone 7b)

LOL Seq!

And my 'Purple Sensation' Alliums are finally all out! Yay! This was a quick snap with my phone this morning. Will get out and take pics with my real camera later.

The foliage looks terrible on these guys. I don't remember that from last year. Is that normal?

Thumbnail by typwc
Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Typ, the foliage looked terribly on them last year, but they're looking great this year. I have no idea why!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

What percentage of your Purple Sensations returned this year? (Just wondering, because this is my first year for them.) Mine will be late to show because I planted them very late (don't ask how late...).

Happy, I think they all or most returned this year, and some have multiplied.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Wonderful. Fingers crossed that mine will -- but yours have better conditions than mine. Mine are in a bit of shade -- some more than others. And of course you water....

Parkville, MD(Zone 7b)

I think exactly the same number returned this year. They are great! I will be ordering more this fall, maybe get some of the white ones too. I don't think mine multiplied at all but hey I'm just glad I didn't lose any.

Oh I definitely don't wanter the alliums! Only recent transplants get water, and I think alliums like it dry.

The ones in half shade are doing just as well as the full sun ones. I actually think the half shade bulbs have longer-lasting blooms.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

New thread!!!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1360279/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.