Morning Glories 2014 #04

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1354432

Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful bloom to start the new thread with.

Thanks Linda.

DJ9's MAY PLANT SWAP SIGN UP

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1357364/

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Hay ya all, hope your day is great. Kinda slow here at work. Jackie, that is a pretty color of purple, love it. Helena I tried cuttings of roses with the potatoe, and all kinds of ways but never got one to work, so the heck with it LOL

Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Pretty bloom Jackie, awesome color.

Pretty bloom too Debra. I actually have had a cutting of rose take root. There's a lot that goes into getting it to work. It also depends on the rose bush but I haven't messed with those for awhile. I do like to take a chance in sowing rose seeds in the fall since most of the time they need cold period to germinate.

Thanks ladies.

Very pretty bloom you've got there Debra.

Gautier, MS

Linda, this is my Seven Sisters rose that's just starting to bloom.

Apparently quite a few seeds got dropped into my passionflower vine pot! Nothing to it in starting fresh seeds!!!!

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

That is a beautiful pink! Thanks for posting pictures!

Gorgeous pink Helena.

it is loverly.. I am glad you got some seedlings going too. It will soon be time to watch the glorious show of summer, eh?

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies, I'm patiently waiting for buds to open in a few days.

So happy you will have blooms soon Helena. I've got fewer than 15 started. :-(

me too, Jackie.. I hope everyone has a great day, stay safe!
from last year

Thumbnail by joeswife

Nice purps Debra.

it was a horrible night here. I was afraid
to go to sleep. 16 lives lost and they're still
looking for the missing.

I am glad u r ok... I was wondering what and where the storm struck.

So sorry Jackie. Glad your ok. Sending prayers to all the families.

Deb and Linda, I didn't mean to make it sound like it came close to us. It hit Vilonia'and
Mayflower, about 40 miles North and West of us, The storm cells came thru off and on all nite.
So just didn't feel safe to go to sleep. Would love to have a basement like you and Joe.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

40 miles is close enough.

Love those blooms.

Gautier, MS

Glad you are ok Jackie. I was wondering but glad you weren't in the storms path. We had loud thunder and heavy rain for a bit but the most damage hit way North of the Coast.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Can't wait till we all have our vines blooming.

Thanks Helena. Glad the bad stuff stayed North of you.
Hope I can plant the lovely Blue Speckled today and a few others.

My pandy is up with 13 stems. The oldest and largest will bloom first.
The newer stems will be much slower to bud and bloom.
These bloom from last yr.

Thumbnail by patootie

i don't see my Pandy yet I am still hopeful..

Deb, I'm sure your vine is just waiting on warmer temps. Shouldn't be long now.

Gautier, MS

Pretty pandy blooms Jackie. You're right Jackie, my pandy took off as soon as the weather warmed up.

I have nice buds ready to open tomorrow, I think.

Helena. Looking forward to your blooms :)

I did get a few new mg's started yesterday.

I have vines going, but the cold is gonna slow them down a bit. I can't wait to see yours Helena.
I am going to take some pics of the planter of perennial morning glory I THINK is a pandy .. I kept that one inside and had to tear it away from the pink bedroom curtains where it had grown secretly and attached itself, so long since I checked on it.. the other pandy outside is still not showing anything yet, but after tonight it is going to be really warming up s hope this helps it come back.

Yes it will Debra. You will be amazed in just a few days. Growing nearly a foot a day here
when the temps hit 80.
I'll post my pics to the pandy thread A resurrected when it starts blooming. :-)

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Found a Split Personality bloom open this morning as well as these three blooms which I can never remember the name...possibly Japanese Morning Glory 'Tie Dye'

Shauna

Thumbnail by shauna1219 Thumbnail by shauna1219 Thumbnail by shauna1219 Thumbnail by shauna1219 Thumbnail by shauna1219

Beautiful blooms.

Gautier, MS

I kept it in gh until this morning for protection from the weather. Still on a cool morning here I have 3 blooms of Keiru x DFNM for my first bloom this spring, happy it's a healthy vine.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love that blue.

Drop dead gorgeous blue Helena. A wonderful treat this afternoon. :-)

I agree! thanks!

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies! I enjoyed those blooms too but I think it's still going to be a slow going with the other vines blooming.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

That is a great blue bloom Helena!

Lovely blooms Shauna. Your purple on is a Purpurea Shibori flake. it's the one with a real fancy loooong name that no one can pronounce or remember!!

I have mine started and will put them outside soon.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Ronnie.

Not a fancy bloom but nice to see this purpurea was supposed to be feathered too. Flaked and feathered have different meanings, right????Here's my other plant blooms too.

This message was edited May 2, 2014 9:10 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

What are the plants n the first picture? Very pretty.

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Thank you for the ID Ronnie :-)

My Purpurea Shibori flake awarded me with several blooms this morning.

One thing I love about that flower is the variety of blooms you can get from it...all those striped bloom and the one almost all white with just a few speckles of purple.

Shauna

Thumbnail by shauna1219

Pretty Cross vine blooms Helena. Feathered blooms are like higes is my understanding. Flaked blooms'are
speckled, streaked, spotted etc.
Lovely purp bloom even if its not feathered.
Like the pink flaked mg too.

This message was edited May 2, 2014 6:12 PM

Gautier, MS

Linda, I bought the plant with red flowers from Lowes as a Tecoma. I have it in an big pot if it turns out to be a Cross vine Jackie I will toss it. I have cross vine and hate it running and coming up all over trying to take over the yard. I like the flowers though.

Jackie, thanks for the ID. I checked the label and it is a Pink Flaked. I do want to try some hige feather ones. I think they are neat.

I should have a few new blooms tomorrow.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.