2014 MAY PLANT SWAP "SIGN UP" BY DJ9 PT 1

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

An uninvited guest in my greenhouse eatting bone meal porridge.
Then off he goes looking for a dance partner!
Wondering where Lil Miss Muffet is...

Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens

Ohh. My Almost missed this.. please sign me up!!!!!

Look at all my seedlings!!

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by
(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

BE Carefull they don't fall out :)))) Kris

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Mine won't do that... ;D

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Thanks for doing these Susie! Know its a lot of work..big

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

R+B, that is so scary to me!

I would have cr***d my panties Ric!!

Really really need to get some more work done,,,

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

You have some really BIG squirrels out in S. Lake Tahoe! lol

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

heehee. reckon some red pepper or moth balls would scar it away???

Going to send out partners in the morning . Give this evening for late comers :) & also going to go play cards with the kids :)
back for coffee

Manhattan Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

Please sign me up.

Well Zoey got sick so i came home after one hand of SPADEs .

Welcome SHORTY Please send me your Mailing address
By tomorrow Am ok .

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

awww I WANNA play some spades! Sorry little lady isnt feelin well! :(

Badcat! Thank you for the seeds!! I planted them as soon as they got here!!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

hOW you be knowin I sent those?! lol

You'd be Only a people I knows lives in Belleville?? Geez any one reads what we write and they would think we all be illiterate here. Lol

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

dunno Elfies but I's be thinkin I need to be havin a chat with my hubs for sending seed across the state! LOL enjoy mama! my neighbor brought them to me, I cant plant em here...but i just so happened to know someone who could :D give them babies a home ;)

Thanks again. I will send pictures as they grow!!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Lookin forward to it elfie :)

On a side note, can everyone make a list of what they like? on the swaps page DJ made? It sure make it a lot easier for your partner, even if you dont care what they send just put sun/ps/ shade? So we have an idea of what you want/need? xox

GM All well i just wanted to check see if anyone else had signed up don't see anyone so off i go to try to Partner everyone up I Know you all like Surprises so I will try to surprise ya :) BBL

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Me Me Me

Sue G

oh sue I'm so sorry I was sending out partners when you posted .

I Hope everyone has their partners names & are ok with them
Please let me know if i have made any Mistakes .

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

got em. Thanks Susie! Going shopping! :D

Sue.. I havent forgotten!!!

don't forget Bluestones 1/2 off fri sales works great for our future swaps :)

Ocean Springs, MS

Dj, I didn't get a name! :(

SORRY WILL SEND RIGHT OUT :) so sorry

Ocean Springs, MS

Got it! Thanks!

Ocean Springs, MS

Question: How long will daylilies be ok once they are dug until they are mailed? Thanks!

If you can put them in to a pot of Dirt they will be ok & they will still Bloom this season usually later toward fall but they will bloom I Have done it many times if leaves turn brown Just cut them off they still will be fine .

Boy I'm so so tired of this cold weather I can handle the rain its good & I can work in the rain Just not the cold . 47*

guess i will plant a few seeds today . guess all the rest of you are playing in your gardens :)

come chat when you can we miss ya :)

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

DJ- I know what you mean, 46* here right now. But it is supposed to get up to 69* later today. And we have sunshine, yay! I will have to wait to play in the garden after I get off work :(

Manhattan Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

DJ, Nanny23, you can send some of that cool air west. We've been baking in CA for days. It's been in the high 80's along the coast and over 100 inland. My A/C hasn't stopped. Today is supposed to be cooler but it's already 70 outside and it's only 10:30 AM.

The problem is that we're in a severe drought condition! Our Governor has mandated that we cut down on watering to two days per week. The start date hasn't been set yet but it's coming.

There hasn't been a month since January that we haven't had hot weather at least 1 week each month!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Oh I don't want anotherr drought here...fingers crossed. That is so miserable.

This is our first warm spell, but we are going from winter to summer, think we will probably miss spring again.

When I have ordered daylilies they come cut, no soil, and looks like the roots have been bleached because they are so white. Daylilies are tough. I have grown them in water, I have put them in the water garden.

wish i could shorty , I had to turn on my infrared heater Just to take the chill off in here .
Just had my shower waiting for my super Then off to lay back . ya all have a great eve

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

I am sooooo tired of the cold and rain here too! I've been trying to get my gardens cleaned out....the rain has been annoying and cold to work in! The wind keeps sending those darn oak leaves flying across to another of my gardens so I have to clean them up twice or three times! UGH! I've founds some great surprises tho -- all my DL from everyone last year survived and are tiny green buds of hope! I found three baby coral bells....they are SOOOO darn cute! And one not so great surprise...I have springtails - AKA snow fleas from all the moisture....they are disgusting - thousands of them en masse all over the leaves and wet ground....icky! Not harmful nor actual fleas.....just harmless jumping mini bugs but still! I've left that part of the gardens alone ! ICKY!!

Elfie -- I'm so glad we're partners this month!

Guess I should not post about the wonderful weather we are having here. But here are a couple of pictures from today!!

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by
Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Elfie - are those sedums in the last pic? What kind? They look so beautiful!
And are those your new garden boxes? Sun or shade? They are going to be so welcoming to your house!

Lets see the sedums came from my old house and from Deejay/ Susie. I have I think 3 different types. One is John Creesh? And Susie sent Empress Dragon? I cannot remember and it is too dark out to read the tags. I also have hen and chicks from Faye. And several others that I gathered here and there that are nameless.And yes that is the beginning of my over 200 foot of garden beds. They will hold my continuing collection of different Asiatic and oriental lilies. Behind them will be hopefully daylilies, Iris and hopefully a drainage system that works.

I have also planted a grouping of fruit trees on the other side of the driveway. So far I have 2 types of pears, 2 apple trees, 2 types of blueberries, Muscadine, Scupnong, ( spelled wrong ), and 2 plum, trees. I am going to keep them all pruned down to small tree size. I also have a bedragged peach tree and a baby walnut tree. I like fruit and nuts..lol...

night all I am tired.

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Am I mistaken we were keeping who we are sending to secret this time? It won't be the first time I missed something, lol.
I have plants picked to send and hope to mail out on Tuesday.

Elf Guess i will have to teach you how to go into your pictures & rotate them up right before posting :)))) I used to do the same thing till someone taught me :)))

here is my
Euphorbia Polychroma I love this one These are going around my little pond , I just moved a Butterfly bush in back of the pond yesterday I hope i didn't kill it .

ali if you would like some i will share one day with ya :))))
well off to check other forums much to read this morning :)

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Oh I love those! share some day.

Sue G

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.