CLOSED: ANNUAL RAISE MY BABY SWAP SIGN UP

KittyJo,,, do you need any plumbing supplies? I got connections,,,lol

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

no, but thanks, I need sub flooring and then we can put our tiles down. this is what happens when you buy a repo house. but such is life

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

DJ9's MAY PLANT SWAP SIGN UP

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1357364/

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Subfloor as in new plywood or hardyback for layin tiles?

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I need both. You almost go thrw the floor in a spot in the laundry room, where they let the hot water tank leek.

I have decided to go with tile though the whole house. So I need to put down 600 square feet of backer board. That is the one thing I have not gotten cheap yet,,sigh,,, plus we just spent over $300.00 on concrete for the room we are building to join the two buildings together. Maybe I should have just bought a mobile home?? This is back breaking and time consuming. I beez a tired Elfie...

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I bought seven hundred dollars worth of gravel 2weeks ago for my drive way and picnic area after the flooding rain. I still need another 12to, which would make the total36 ton!

That is a lot of gravel.

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

yes, that is a lot of gravel.

I did too and the storms came and washed most of it right down to our ditch. Now we have to hand dig it out or order it done all over again. I cannot afford to flush that kind of money away twice, our drive way is kinda steep,, so we are going to have someone come asphalt it. It may stick then,,,sigh,,,

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I put crush and run in the drive way

Same here. On day one looked like this,, now is all red clay again.

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by

The incline is just to steep to hold it in place without being properly packed down. It is now in our ditch. The guy who did it came by and told us he guessed we should just dig it all out of the ditch and spread it again by hand. I about slapped him I was so mad. You would think for $$$$ he would fix the mess he made. Now My main water pipe is exposed. I am not happy. Anyway I hope you have much better luck that we did.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

:( too much dirt! Thats just crazy for you 2. Thought on the flooring, we used this http://www.menards.com/main/flooring/tile-stone/tile-installation-maintenance/tile-surface-preparation/mapei-mapelath-roll-synthetic-lath-underlayment/p-1926280-c-6590.htm right on over the plywoods in the kitchen for tile. Tile been down almost a year and no problems. You can cut this stuff easy too to fill in weird spots. No dry time either.

Badcat,, I will check into this. I hope I can use it it looks much cheaper than anything else I have priced. Thanks!!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Thank You to everybody! My birthday was a fun one.
Today we're going to Hershey Gardens! I'm very excited!
Be back later!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Pics! :D

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Elfies,

Heres some pics of it going down. Roll it out, staple it all down to the floor nice and flat. Sip baileys, start puttin on your adhesives and lay the tiles. Wear kneepads! lol bes done and I dont want to do it again for a longgg time

Thumbnail by badcat Thumbnail by badcat Thumbnail by badcat
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Elfie, my hubby spread ours with the bobcat, and smooched it down good. It's staying in place pretty good.

That looks nice Amanda.

Kittyjo, I will get pictures of how it looks now. I paid to have mine done. That is the worst part.. I feel like I flushed all that money down the ditch. Sigh..

I will definitely look into the stuff for our floors. Thanks again.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Snowing here this morning.......biggest flakes I've ever seen....

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Blimey Kathy!

Here are pictures from today.. I am making my own version of a sandbag water retaining wall. I am hoping to eventually be able to fill in the whole area with a wall with flowers behind it. I will be putting in a proper drainage system next year. I will leave all the cheapo topsoil in bags for now and then see how the water drains after the storms we are supposed to be getting this week.

I m
planted Skyscraper Sunflower s in the very back of the raised beds. Going to fill the rest of the beds with Asiatic Lilies.

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by

Looks like a lot of work!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Elffie, have you thought about using the LA Hybrid types? (Longiflorum/Asiatic Hybrid, they get their fragrance from the Longiflorums (Trumpet type). Most are fragrant and usually about the same price (if ordered)... Check out Gilbert Wild and Son .com. I have a beautiful patch of the "Opening Night" , and are gorgeous when the deer leave them alone... (I cheated and put a plant of Nepeta cataria next to them.. Last year the deer avoided them cuz of the catnip smell they hated....Yeah!!!! lol. I like the LA Hybrids cuz they multiply quickly like the Asiatics but also the added bonus of the Trumpet side being fragrance. Yummmmmm! This patch should now be about 2 foot by 2 foot wide,(maybe more) and a gazillion babies too..may have to dig a few and move them out a bit so there's room for all to bloom.

I am using all types of lilies. I need to get a list up. I will check out the link.

Linda.. I loaded and unloaded 80% of those bags.... I beez tired!!!!

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Love the 'Opening Night' lilies. I bought one on clearance because the blooms were faded, but it still smelled wonderful! I hope it does well in the garden. Well just ran in to get a cold drink, back to the new raised garden! Working the big clumps and rocks out so it can be tilled this evening!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Nanny...you'll love them!!! Just make sue to leave most of the stem after bloom, babies will develop along the stem in the ground..... In fall cleanup carefully pull the browned stem and put babies back in the hole or close by and you'll have a clump in no time. Pix is from my daughter's garden, will have to get a pix of mine this year...

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Umm, okay, not to hijack this conversation or anything, but
my baby had probably better be a sunbaby, maybe a baby with a little sunscreening.

Turtle

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Elfie, be careful in these storms. The one I'm getting now is the worst we have had in a London time. The house is shaking. Remember, tomorrow marks the 3rd anniversary of the tornado out break.

I just got lots of thunder,, nothing else. However I do need to drive to Helena in the morning. Not looking forward to that.

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Be safe everybody!

Please be careful in those storms!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

mm Sleepy Cat..storms woked me up a lot. More fun today. What taters said

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Everybody okay out there?

I beez ok,, not looking forward to today and the next couple of days either!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

ri, be careful in Helena, that's Shelby county and they always get it worse threre than I do, and them storm are excpected to start rolling around oon, with no let up until tomorrow nite. stay home if you can.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

IS THERE ANY OBJECTIONS IF I GIVE OUT NAMES TODAY INCASE I LOSE POWER? WE ARE GOING TO HAVE SEVERE STORMS FOR THE NEXT 3 DAYS

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

No objection from me. I'm off today and it's going to get uglier than everyone else's baby around here today and tomorrow, too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.